Answered

Sub Section Scoring

I am looking for help with my Typeform survey to be able to score sections of my quiz individually on a section by section basis. For example if my survey has 5 sections, I want each of those sections to have its own score. At the end of the survey the results will show each section’s score.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 June 2021, 04:01

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ergosesh - welcome to the community from a fellow user. 

it is possible to do this both within typeform, showing the results on a statement page for example, and in creating custom reports that are a combination of a data source, merge file and email solution: I use Google Sheets, Docs and Slide, as well as an add-on for Google Sheets called Document Studio to create the reports. 

here is one link that will return you a simple report that shows the totals for each subsection (question group) within the assessment 

here is another link to a similar topical assessment but delivers a more formatted report in a Google Slides to pdf format. This one is on people, process or technology causes of poor data quality. 

hope these demonstrate that you CAN do this in Typeform

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ergosesh did any of the solutions @john.desborough provide work for you? :grin:

So we figured out a great way to do the subgroup scoring in the advanced logic variables and calculations. We set up @score for the final score and @variables for each variable we wanted calculated. We had to essentially score each subcatagory and then each @score for the total throughout the quiz. Ex: for each question we basically duplicated each logic and added “Add +1” to the @score for the ending and then repeated this for the @variable we wanted scored for each subgroup. 

My recommendation to @Liz Typeform would be to allow us to duplicate a section in the logic so we dont have to re-enter it agian as well as allow us to delete part of one logic without deleting the entire shaded box.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah! Glad you were able to find a solution, @Ergosesh ! I agree - duplicating logic would be SO nice and save some time. I’ll share this with the product team! Let us know if you think of any other questions. 

@Ergosesh - welcome to the community from a fellow user. 

it is possible to do this both within typeform, showing the results on a statement page for example, and in creating custom reports that are a combination of a data source, merge file and email solution: I use Google Sheets, Docs and Slide, as well as an add-on for Google Sheets called Document Studio to create the reports. 

here is one link that will return you a simple report that shows the totals for each subsection (question group) within the assessment 

here is another link to a similar topical assessment but delivers a more formatted report in a Google Slides to pdf format. This one is on people, process or technology causes of poor data quality. 

hope these demonstrate that you CAN do this in Typeform

des

Hi John, just wondering are you using zapier or integromat type services to connect typeform with document studio/sheets etc to generate custom reports?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sarah@desolint.com  - i just use the native integration between Typeform and Google Sheets, no need to push through a zap or integromat .. Document Studio is an add-on to Google Sheets, so for me it is that simple. 

Happy to answers more questions if you like or need to understand how it works

des

Thanks John for your response, I also found this link that help generating the docs via Typeform as well (sharing this link so other users may get some further guide) https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029617031-Create-professional-looking-event-badges-by-merging-typeform-answers-in-a-PDF 

My scenarios is a bit different as I’ve to create different docs depending on the scoring so I’ve to go via Integromat anyway, but thanks for your help. 

At least for my initial needs, my challenge should be easier but based on what I have searched here, I’m gunna need help.  I just need the section and grand totals included in the data base so that it can be used by researchers using Excel.  There is no fancy reports or feedback needed for the respondent.  Here is a sample of the form I am trying to automate…

To keep it simple, the respondent does not need to see any values.  Just answer the questions.  However, I suspect that will be the next thing asked. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JackK - what sort of questions do you plan to use inside Typeform? 

if you are using the Matrix question type - to minimize the number questions - be aware that there is no internal logic rule capability inside the typeform to be able to address ‘scoring’ the choices. You would have to connect the typeform to Excel or Google Sheets in order to get the data into a spreadsheet and do the analysis

the data would be available in the spreadsheet to do the section subtotals and totals. 

if you are using multiple choice for each item, inside question groups or individually, you can create subtotals for each domain and have them available to display inside typeform and for submission as variables - also available in the connected spreadsheet as part of your form submission. 

des

John,

Thank you for your reply.  The type questions is the image I posted above.

I appreciate you responded but I have absolutely no idea “how” to do what you suggest:

“if you are using multiple choice for each item, inside question groups or individually, you can create subtotals for each domain and have them available to display inside typeform and for submission as variables - also available in the connected spreadsheet as part of your form submission. “