Answered

Testing my form and integrations

• 6 December 2021
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I need to test my form’s integrations which will burn up numerous responses during development to get it right. I hope we can delete test responses so we are not charged for this?

As a test, I just created my first real response from my website embed, then I deleted the response in Typeform, but in my Billing/Plan page, it looks like I’m still being charged for that first response I deleted.

This is uncool. Is there a way support can reset my charged responses when I’m done with testing? I’ve never heard of a company charge its users for testing integrations.

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 December 2021, 16:54

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ted Cohn Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by the community. 

We don’t have an option to test responses that wouldn’t count against the response limit, I’m afraid. While you can delete the responses, they would still factor in to whatever the response amount you have in your plan. What are the integrations you’re testing? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Oh that’s really too bad. Well, integrating almost anything requires some trial and error with numerous form fields that must be mapped to one or more services. I’ll be integrating with my CRM and Google Sheets at least. It’s not that bad, just surprised Typeform didn’t anticipate user testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ted Cohn Yeah, that’s a good point. I send this feedback to the product team since it would be handy to test the integration without it counting against your replies. 

One thing you could do for Google Sheets is connect a form that already has responses and send those responses to the sheet. Then, you can see how the responses appear in the sheet without it counting against your current response limit (since you’ve already collected those responses). 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz Thanks, that sounds like a very good workaround for now, but how do you trigger the integration to send or resend Typeform responses to Google Sheets, say, to test? Is there a button in the Dashboard or somewhere that does that? Huge win if possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ted Cohn You can send previous responses when setting up a new sheet or deleting/re-adding the integration. You’ll see an option like this appear: 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Liz Google Sheets is so easy there is no effort to mapping fields. I’m sure this will be tougher with CRM via Zapier as I’ve done this several times before. I don’t know yet, but assuming that this will somewhat of a trial and error process between Typeform, Zapier and CRM, chewing up 10-20 responses. I hope not! Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hopefully not, @Ted Cohn ! Usually it takes about 1-2 tries, depending on how long your form is, but if you need any help mapping those fields before testing, just let us know! I’ve done it way too many times so I can help narrow down any issues you may run into. :joy:

Hi, 

I’ve created a Typeform survey and would like to share it with my colleagues to get their feedback. However, I don’t want to use up my monthly responses just for testing the draft versions of the survey. Is there a way to get a preview link that doesn’t add to your survey response count?

Thanks for your help!

Jenn

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jap455 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😁

Hi @Liz - thank you! However, this doesn’t answer my question. I don’t have any integrations to test. I just need to test the questions for validity. I see that this issue originally arose 9 months ago. Has the product team now addressed this shortcoming?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jap455 I’m afraid this isn’t on the roadmap at the moment, but if anything changes with test responses, we’ll post about it here. 

@Liz  Thanks for the quick response. That’s unfortunate. That’s a major limitation for me. I always do pre-testing as part of my surveys. 

@Liz  Thanks for the quick response. That’s unfortunate. That’s a major limitation for me. I always do pre-testing as part of my surveys. 

I agree with @jap455. Surely there is a possibility to share a draft for internal feedback and also have another person cross check the questions and logic. There is really no need for anyone else in my firm to hold an account (even my account is rarely used) and therefore being able to check before publishing should really be a given, not a nice-to-have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll pass the feedback along to the product team, @jap455 @claire.irvine 

I used myself to test how typeform would work on my website.  Is there anyway to reverse these leads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shopfashionny I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

@Liz Thank you.  I quickly read through the responses.  Please correct me if I am wrong but there is currently no way to get a credit for testing forms and there is a way to test forms through adding the Google sheets integration without it going against yours allotted responses for the month.  Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shopfashionny I’m afraid that’s correct. We don’t have response credits for testing, but if you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Badge

Hi,

I’m actually checking how Typeform can integrate with HubSpot at the moment. The integration is not working flawless and there’s a lot of back and forth and the 10 responses we have in the free account are gone now. Since there’s not a test mode like in Stripe, or a sandbox in HubSpot, how can we deal with that? I don’t want to get a subscription now only to see if it finally integrates with HubSpot.

Thanks for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shxc I’ve added your post here where this question has been asked. 😀

Badge

Hi @Liz,

that’s really unfortunate. The solution with resending responses is not working with the HubSpot integration btw. It’s always greyed out, at least in my case.

I would assume that support is able to add additional responses to customer accounts for testing purposes!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shxc It isn’t possible for support to add responses to an account. Though, for the issue you’re seeing there, the post below may help!

It may also be easiest to contact support directly so they can test and see why that’s happening in your account. 

Badge

Hi @Liz,

thanks for your help. We switched over to one of your competitors and everything works like a charm and the integration to HubSpot is way more advanced. 

Best

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear you were able to find a solution that worked for you, @shxc . 😀