type form is working but not……

• 20 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi All, 

I have set up lots of type forms for lead generation and enquiry’s.

they have been running for a long while and have had traffic from ppc / meta and organic. 

the business is a jewellery business.  Each form has about 5 questions and are tailored to the landing pages.  

So bespoke item x and corresponding questions to that item.  

The issue we have is we get allot of people enquiring and entering details from email , mobile numbers , budgets ,    -  of course we get a bit of trash data .  But we then get an impossibly low response when answering them.  So they just ghost.  

we have tried all sorts of approaches and of course calling is one of them.  So somethings wrong.  

I can look at moving the questions etc around for a better rate of people entering details but I am at a loss to understand what we are missing. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hudson This is a great question to bring to the community! I’ve had a similar issue with my side gig, and a lot of factors helped increase our response rate (besides the form itself). Do you mind sharing one of your forms so we can take a look and provide feedback? 

As for the responses, do you mind sharing a response to an inquiry? 

Userlevel 1

Hey Hudson!

Chiming in here with two cents:

• Have you considered asking qualifying questions and setting up a lead scoring system? This might allow you to analyze the leads coming in a bit further and see where you might be missing the mark in targeting, etc.
  • Without full clarity on the business and what the form supplies for you, it’s hard to tell where the gap might be. However, it might be that folks fill out the form for preliminary information rather than acting as hand-raisers for a purchase. My recommendation would be to hang onto those prospects and continue to nurture them until they are ready to make a purchase. Stay top of mind!

Good luck!

Hi All , 

Sorry for the slow response.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Here is one as a example 

@MegClancy keen to hear your thoughts on the above :) 

Userlevel 1

Hey Hudson, 

I would say that the same sentiment I posted above applies here. It’s possible that the prospects you’re collecting simply aren’t ready to make a purchase just yet. You might try adding a question in your forms to ask how the prospects want to be contacted by your team. (Email, phone, text, etc.) I would also make one of the options something like “don’t want to be contacted - just browsing!” In this case, you’ll get more data about how prospects are interacting with your site and forms.