Answered

Unknown respondent

• 9 May 2022
  • 1 reply

We are an accounting firm and we use Type Form for our end of financial year client questionnaire  It’s extremely important that we know who each respondent is.  There is a compulsory What is Your Name question in the form.  

We have received a completed from from somebody who has answered the “what is your name” question with “myself”.  They have uploaded documents to the form, but unfortunately the uploaded documents don’t shed any light on who it was that actually filled out the form.

Is there a way for us to figure out who it was that submitted the form?  Can the Typeform technical team go into the back end and see the email address from where the Typeform URL was clicked??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 May 2022, 03:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sarahRise - someone from the actual Typeform team will have to respond but I don’t think there is any way to trace it back

my suggestion is this: IF you are sending out the questionnaire to clients with the link to the typeform, you should have their email address appended to the URL using something like #email={{user-email-address}} - your CRM should be able to do the dynamically. You would also need to create a hidden variable in your typeform called ‘email’ that would receive the email address from the URl. 

this way, you would have the email address as part of your submission of data when the user completes - even if you don’t have an email question in your typeform.

just a thought for next time

des