Answered

Feedback on Opinion Survey workflow - TYIA

Userlevel 2
Badge

My scenario → Please provide feedback as I’m beginning to design.

• Simple opinion survey (12 questions), grouped into 4 categories.
  • Score per category summarized at the end.
  • Generate PDF report based upon the scores. 
    • Display summary of responses, totals by category, overall total score
    • Provide content for each question’s response below a certain threshold (i.e. rate 1-5, any rating 3 or below gets the content)
  • Display PDF on screen and email PDF
  • Give option to schedule meeting with me to review (via Calendly)
  • Done

Thoughts:

• Export results to Google Sheets and use Data Studio to generate a report based upon the scores. Deliver the report immediately after the survey is completed via onscreen PDF and email PDF to respondent.
  • Integrate with Calendly to schedule meeting if option selected on “End” screen

Questions:

• When they “Submit”, how does Data Studio know to generate report? 
    • I assume it is displayed on a separate tab?
  • After providing report, how do I direct them back to the ending of the survey (CTA & Calendly)?

Is there a better yet simple way? 

Thanks,

Rich

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 June 2022, 21:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RHG - you might want to look at the Document Studio product from Digital Inspiration. It’s an add-on for Google sheets. (i prefer it to working with Google Data Studio which does allow me to create nicer reports but not in the way i want to deliver to clients)

the process I use for things similar to what you describe are as follows: 

• data is submitted into Google sheets - i have a separate tab(s) set up for reporting purposes, where i do any transformation or lookups to other tables etc to pull in images for example
  • I create a Google Doc or Slide template to be used as the merge template for the output report
  • Document Studio is used to merge the arriving row of data into the output template, to create the PDF and attach it to an email (Gmail in my case) that is designed inside Document Studio and sends out the email. 
    • I have Document Studio ‘run’ every hour to process any new data records that have come in - depending on when the data lands in the spreadsheet in the hour-long cycle, the email will be delivered to the client.

You may be able to show the user a bunch of the results based on doing the scoring inside Typeform and having a series of logic paths that take you to various statement pages for displaying optional output - for a data quality assessment that i have in typeform, it has 4 branches in the logic to take you to a critical, severe, needs improving, you’re fine type statement pages. that would simulate your pdf instantly to a small degree. 

Once the user moves off that statement page, they get a ‘do you want an email copy of the report’ and if they do, and enter in an email address, it will send it off via the bullets above. 

In the email that sends the report to the user, you can embed the link to your calendly calendar so that it goes along with the report in the email. 

you could also offer the user to not wait for the report to come but to book now, by putting the link to the calendy app in the ending page the user sees along with instructions to book sooner than later. 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @john.desborough. I investigated Statement pages but they seemed pretty limited in what I could display. I was thinking about having links to reference documents I’ve written, bulleted recommendations for improvement, etc. Is there more than immediately meets the eye?

Thx,

R

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RHG - you can put all of the following on a statement page

• links to external docs on a statement (or any page) that will open in a new tab 
  • you can set up a link to an external landing page that opens up in another tab (remember the user has not yet submitted the form yet) 
  • you can add a video to the page - a talking head of you speaking about something pertinent based on the logic score to that statement pages
  • you can user variables and logic rules to pull in a series of bullet points for recommendations if you want 
    • if cat_score is less than 4 replace rec_1 with “sljsljsfjsflsjslsfj” and replace rec_2 with “PIOVYGU” 
      • i am not sure what the current limits are for size on text variables but you can get a lot in them 
    • and then place them on the page with the @recall function

If your statement pages are at the end of your quiz ie the last page the user will see before the submit button, change the submit button text to be “wanna see more? click here” and then use the redirect to take them to a landing page you create for each of your possible outcomes.. you can put whatever you want there… it’s outside typeform. 

Typeform doesn’t have landing pages, like Unbounce, PlusThis, Convertkit, Keap/Infusionsoft, etc. so it’s trying to figure out how far you can make typeform ‘bend’ .. 

not gonna be perfect for you but.. 

des