Answered

How do I add a GDPR consent checkbox to the email address question for a quiz?

• 4 February 2021
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@martinuk - whether it is your website or your typeform, if you collect ANYTHING about an individual that is covered by the GDPR, you should understand the impact to your organization and have a lawyer review what you are putting out there for the world to read

Badge

Hi John, thanks for this. 

Are there any situations where you can use typeform without first seeking legal advice? 

For something as important as this, I'm surprised it's not made more obvious by typeform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@martinuk - you can use typeform for anything you want to … the GDPR issue is a basic business issue and NOT typeform-driven. checking with lawyer is a business issue, not a typeform issue.. 

here is a blog post that goes over some of the basics that you need to consider when making your website/business GDPR compliant https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/gdpr-compliance/

ANY compliance-related issue, not just GDPR - it could be health data related (ie HIPAA in the US) or simply the contact details of anyone from the EU that has purchased something from your organization, whether online or in a brick and mortar store - should be reviewed with your legal advisor to make sure you are ‘doing it right’ 

Badge

Yeah I see what you mean. Thanks John. 

Out of interest thou, what could you use typeform for that doesn't require a privacy statement and advice from a lawyer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

check out the templates that Typeform has here: https://www.typeform.com/templates/

in terms of ‘covering your backside’ from any lawsuits or legal actions, your data governance polices inside your organization should cover what data you store, where and how you treat it from security, privacy, etc. perspectives. Especially customer, vendor or any other external party data 

if you are using forms internally to your own processes, with internal data, you should be ok - this is not to be construed as a legal opinion, just info for education, entertainment and discussion purposes. 

Badge

Yeah, I'm just a freelancer looking into typeform, so I don't have any privacy policy at the moment cause I've never collected any data. 

Thanks for the help thou. I think I just need to go get myself a privacy statement.