Answered

How to combine logic jump with variables

• 22 October 2021
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have set up logic jumps for a course registration form.

Original form format was apply only for one course at a time with a single $100 deposit request. I have now added multiple courses in one application which means $100 deposit per course chosen. So if 3 courses chosen $300 or 5 courses $500.

Can I set up payment question to calculate deposit amount to match amount of courses chosen while I have logic jumps linked to each question?

I cant seem to apply a logic jump and a variable into one Rule at the same time...

icon

Best answer by TFJunkie 1 November 2021, 06:43

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TFJunkie Thank you for the screenshot! Very helpful. :grinning: You should be able to setup a logic jump on a variable, but do you mind sending a screenshot of what you have currently setup for the logic jump? (Or what you would like setup in regards to the variable?) A screenshot of that specific jump would be handy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TFJunkie - welcome to the community

while you can’t do both inside one logic rule, you can Add logic rules to each question in the branching and calculations area. that way you can assemble the required data in a variable (not @price) that you can show as a subtotal (“you registered for @coursecount courses which require a deposit of $100 per course, for a deposit total of $@sub_total_variable”  (where the sub_total_variable is the count of courses * 100) .. if you are ok to continue onto to the payment screen press Yes”)  - you would use a logic rule to add sub_total_variable to price. 

hopefully that is helpful and not too late.. but that is how i have done this type of set up for folks ordering tshirts from me

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks @Liz 
This is the 1st question that jumps to the pricing of each course. Then a logic jump is assigned to prompt them to purchase optional equipment. This is established before they begin with their personal details.

This second screenshot is the payment section. It’s very basic at this stage where it just asks them which method of payment they prefer and then the credit card logic jumps to the ‘in-house’ payment request option with Stripe facility. We have had new clients ordering more than one course to get discounts. So I want to make it easier for students to do it all in one form instead of students filling out a fresh form for each course...

As @john.desborough just described. That is exactly the problem I am having, I cannot add a variable in the same rule once I have a logic jump assigned. I’m going to have to read your solution several times to get my head around it. But it sounds like an awesome set up.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@john.desborough Is this what you mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TFJunkie - yes.. and then combine them into price.. 

here’s a link to a test version of my tshirt order form - i use a statement page to mock up the price page but it shows the progression of getting items added to subtotal (for each tshirt selected, up to max of 3) and then it would flip over and add to price.. 

just as an example .. 

well done so far!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I see. So you separated the multiple shirt choices into separate choices ‘start with one’. That way you managed to assign the variables and follow with a logic afterwards.

Whereas my first question has multiple choices which then confuses the system by demanding a variable and a logic in one rule.

I then need to create more questions to choose their course of preference. Problem is we’ve had ladies book 5-6 courses, so I need create quite a long thread. You have 20 shirts, but you limited the total to 3?

Do I use the @coursecount and @sub_total in each question so the confirmation page can work properly or do I use a different variable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TFJunkie - i figured that if someone wanted to order more than 3 shirts (based on a logo) they could make a second order. It was just a choice on my part to set it to three.. 

for the courses: 

• everyone someone selects a course you can add one to @coursecount … you don’t have to do the multiplication to get the subtotal until the last question before the order page. 
    • i always suggest presenting a yes/no page that says something like:
      • “Here’s the list you selected (bullet list of courses) and the deposit subtotal is @subtotal. If you are happy with this and want to proceed to the payment page to submit your deposit click yes. If you want to change your selections, click No
      • (and route them back to the top to start over again… but make sure that your first logic rule on the start point of course collection is to set the subtotal variable to 0 … 
    •  
Userlevel 3
Badge +2

After 6+ hours, I have achieved something. Not as much as I thought I would, been going around in circles really.

@john.desborough How did you set up this summary page

And I have no idea how to program the payment stripe section to reflect the total deposit with 2% fee.

I’ve added a variable of 0.98 which for using as a 2% fee.

I didn't include the prices for devices though and the sub totals ‘course count’ don't add up

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@TFJunkie - i figured that if someone wanted to order more than 3 shirts (based on a logo) they could make a second order. It was just a choice on my part to set it to three.. 

for the courses: 

• everyone someone selects a course you can add one to @coursecount … you don’t have to do the multiplication to get the subtotal until the last question before the order page. 

I changed it to ‘add 1 to coursecount’ and it didn't do anything at recap page… When I have ‘add coursecount to sub_total’, then the $100 added up in total.

I’m getting other errors… there is not enough content on this topic in the forums to get clear direction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TFJunkie Sounds like you’ve made quite a bit of progress! Do you mind sharing screenshots/more info on the other errors you’re still experiencing? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TFJunkie - here’s a short sample of what i did to test… tell me if this is what you want to achieve at the end..

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TFJunkie - here are the shots of the logic that go with that test sample

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@john.desborough Your reply has turned a major corner with my project. I think I have omitted a tonne of variables.

I need too create many more variables, or replace the current ones to text and rename them, so I know what they are doing.

From my understanding, I need to keep my logics as they are and develop more variables underneath, to direct the totalling and ordering system better.

I have way too few variables assigned. I have also made a video to show the set up if that is easier to follow...

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have started working on this setup.
As I understand it.

I need to assign the yes/no to the choices pages.

Why did you write no in the variable and yes in the form? 

Does this setup in red square (pictured below) only go on the recap order page or on every page that requires the client to make a choice?

When I have a question that offers them to add a course on, not make a choice from multiple.

Do I just add the yes/no variable without the coursecount/subtotal variable, or do I have to put the coursecount/subtotal variable as well?

This is very complex. . . :) and fun for me

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I did the coursecount conditioner this way, by using ‘OR’. Where as you did a separate condition for each choice.
Will it also work using or? Logically it makes sense, but maybe not for the program...

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@TFJunkie - here’s a short sample of what i did to test… tell me if this is what you want to achieve at the end..

des

Yes, similar. however I prefer have the courses list, rather than yes/no.

Im seeing small glitches, like the underline in 2nd photo. and the name doesn't appear in some later questions.

How can I change the recall from YES to Ombre/Powder in the recap page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As I understand it.

Does this setup in red square (pictured below) only go on the recap order page or on every page that requires the client to make a choice?

When I have a question that offers them to add a course on, not make a choice from multiple.

Do I just add the yes/no variable without the coursecount/subtotal variable, or do I have to put the coursecount/subtotal variable as well?

once at the end… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I did the coursecount conditioner this way, by using ‘OR’. Where as you did a separate condition for each choice.
Will it also work using or? Logically it makes sense, but maybe not for the program...

this will only add 1 to the variable.. regardless of the number of courses selected.. you need to determine how many courses are selected…

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

this will only add 1 to the variable.. regardless of the number of courses selected.. you need to determine how many courses are selected…

They can only pick one course, not multiple courses in one question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

then you should be fine - it wasn’t clear. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

As I understand it.

once at the end… 

I thought its for every recap page. So when they pick one course, and a 2nd in another question, they get a recap of which courses currently chosen and deposit amount, and then they have another question to pick another course followed by a recap page, showing which courses they picked and deposit amount.

Shouldn't the formula go into every recap page?

Here is the form

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

you decide.. that’s a ‘process decision’ you need to make. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yes, I have said I want subtotals on each recap page so student knows how much their deposit is increasing by.

Why am I getting the sub total as 2 not $1000

Something is not right...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TFJunkie Thanks for posting these screenshots! I think it might be better to have a support agent take a look at the form since they’ll be able to log into your account directly and go through all the jumps you have. I escalated this to the team for them to look at ASAP, but if you don’t hear back from them, please let me know. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thank You so much. I was on this form for 5 days last week.