Answered

How to redirect to multiple URLS based on answer

• 23 February 2021
  • 51 replies

Userlevel 2

How can I set 3 potential thank you pages, and redirect to the correct one based on whether or not someone selected a particular response? 

Very unclear in the helpcentre hopefully someone here can clarify! 

icon

Best answer by Mariana 23 February 2021, 14:51

View original

51 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I just did this recently!

I added points to each question then used the Score function on the page before redirecting them. 

Using the Score function allows you to set criteria for each page then redirect based on their responses. 

Are you familiar with how to add points to a question?

Userlevel 2

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for the response. 

How did you work it in terms of redirection at the end? The only way I can see in their docs is to use the score in the redirect URL. Is it possible to say something like: 

If (score == 0) { //do this} 

If (score > 0) { //do this}  

That would be amazing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My pleasure! 

Here are screen shots that might help - this shows the 3 landing pages, the question prior to the dredirect and the logic jump with logic jump. 

Is this what you are trying to do? 

Userlevel 2

Thank you so much for all this help!

Unfortunately, these are not actual redirections to another URL, which is what I need :’(

My quest goes on

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @BeQuick. Welcome to the Typeform community. And @vickioneill thanks so much for sharing this useful information! 🥳

At the moment, it is not possible to redirect your form to multiple URLs. Meaning, if you add the redirect on completion, all the respondents will always be redirected to the same website. 

However, you do have the option to create 3 different thank you pages, like the example @vickioneill has shared, and then add the links to the button of each thank you page. This way, you can set up the rules to send the respondents to these pages and then the respectives URL will be on each TY screen. Would that work for you, @BeQuick

Userlevel 2

@Mariana you must be joking!?!?! How is typeform missing such an essential component? 

Is there a workaround? We were going to transfer a few clients over to typeform but conditional redirects are absolutely necessary to a good 80% of our clientele. 

Can you advise on how you filter people to the correct ending? 

Most of our funnels work as follows:

1. Quiz - collects details
  1. Logic - redirects to callback form, info passed via UTM params in URL
  1. Schedule Callback - final pieces of information
  1. Thank you page

Any information at this stage would be helpful, I saw some things about using workarounds like hidden fields but the docs are outdated. 

I was hoping to find something like this: https://www.jotform.com/help/317-change-thank-you-page-url-based-on-a-condition

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BeQuick I’m afraid Mariana isn’t joking, but we can note this suggestion for you as feedback. 

The setup @vickioneill shared is a great walkthrough on how to send the respondent to multiple thank you pages, and each thank you page can have their own redirect URL button. Would this setup work for you since you can add the redirect URLs to those thank you pages? :) 

Userlevel 2

@Liz Yea it should be a feature for sure.

Are you saying that If I set up the same setup as above, I can redirect to external pages instead of the message just being displayed? 

What I’m looking for is:

Quiz ==> Logic ==> Redirect to Thank You Page

Can this be done? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BeQuick - on the thank you pages, you can add a URL onto the buttons, which would then allow the respondent to click on the buttons to be taken to different external pages! :grinning:

I made a short gif below to show you how to edit this in the new builder. If you’re in the classic, let me know, and I can make a gif for that, too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BeQuick - were you able to find the redirect settings on the thank you page? :grinning:

Userlevel 2

@Liz unfortunately having buttons to redirect is out of the question. We moved our accounts to Jotform because they have the functionality we needed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@BeQuick Totally understand finding a platform that works for you! Hopefully we can add this feature. :grinning:

Crazy to me that this doesnt exist. I have been a professional typeform user for a year and now need this function. Will have to leave typeform due to this which is a major frustration despite everything I have set up.

Typeform should probably focus on the basics like this instead of coming our with other videoask software….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you use the same base for your url, there might be a solution, using variables or directly the value of a question.

Here is how to reuse a variable or the answer to a question in your redirect on completion.

Then on your website, you decide what pages to show for each value.

Userlevel 2

Yes indeed @Travisgg, I cannot believe something so basic is lacking.

There may be workarounds available @picsoung but it should be much easier to do and the URLs I need won’t always be structured like that unfortunately. 

Typeform need to listen to the dev community because we moved 4 accounts so far and we can’t be the only ones. 

Simplemente no encuentro esta opción, solo me deja reedireccionar a una sola página..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @axelleonm. Welcome to the Typeform Community!

We'll answer your question in English since this is the language we use here in the community, I hope you don't mind =) I moved your question here so you can check the whole conversation about this topic and the workarounds you could try. 

And @BeQuick be assured the product team is aware of this conversation. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your feedback! 

Not to pile on, but this is a must have feature for us as well. Is this thread the best place to watch for updates on this being available?

Same here, it’s a super useful feature which is even implemented in a very small startup which basically copied your model.

It would be sad to leave Typeform because of lack of this essential feature, but I really hope it can get a little more traction from your development team

Need this feature too.. In the example below, with redirect on submit toggled on, when people arrive at Number 13 should it send them to one of the answers or just redirect? I was hoping it would send them to an answer but it appears to be redirecting before they get here. @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bruno - there is subtle difference between redirect on completion and the button on the ending page. 

from what i can tell, the redirect on completion means the submit button is pressed, so the user is redirected automatically at that point. if you don’t have the redirect turned on, you can have different ending with different links assigned to the buttons on each of the pages that the user can click and take the appropriate path .. ie ending a is to product page A, ending b is to product page B on the website .. 

@Liz  @Mariana  - please let me know if i have interpreted this incorrectly.. 

des

Hi, I would like to know how to redirect someone to a link depending on whether the person chooses yes/no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello there. Happy Monday! 

@john.desborough you have interpreted this perfectly! That would be the workaround we suggest to everyone in the thread. :hugging:

And @DavidAkim I moved your question to this conversation so you can see the whole thread to follow the suggestion we'd provided.

Hope this is helpful! =)

Hi there,

I have a score quiz and I am trying to redirect automatically participants to a specific landing page on my website depending on their score.

And ilt looks like I can either do a global automatic redirection (all the endings to the same page) or I have to go through Endings and only have a button to click to go to the landing page (so, no automatic redirection).

Anybody knows if I can have automatic redirection for each ending?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @laurencezaied happy wednesday! I added your question here where we have the answer. Let us know if you think of any other questions. :grinning: