Matrix Question with Number Inputs

• 15 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to ask the following question…

In preliminary tests we discovered it was optimal if the respondent could see all of the options at once, as to be able to clearly comprehend between what options they were bucketing their time into.

Looks like the ideal question type would be if the matrix question type & number question type had a little helpful baby together.

I see similar queries here, here & here but they were all some time ago. Is this possible now?

If not, what’s the best workaround?

Thanks,

Liz 2 years ago

Hi @Elliott Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. I’m afraid this still isn’t possible, but I’m happy to share this feedback with our product team. Additionally, it may be worth utilizing some of the workarounds mentioned in those posts in the meantime. :grinning:

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elliott Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. I’m afraid this still isn’t possible, but I’m happy to share this feedback with our product team. Additionally, it may be worth utilizing some of the workarounds mentioned in those posts in the meantime. :grinning:

@Elliott I have the same need - Have you found a way to do it? Thanks!!

Userlevel 1

Sadly this was a dealbreaker for us so we went with a different solution. Qualtrics Surveys, SurveyMonkey  & Smart Survey all offer this question type 🙂 Hope that’s helpful - good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear you were able to find a solution that worked for you, @Elliott ! As always, if we have any changes that would include adding this suggestion, we’ll let you know, @Imma .

Userlevel 1

I noticed that my post was flagged for moderator review because I mentioned competitors. I respect Typeform for putting the needs of the community above all and allowing the post in case it’s helpful to others for this particular situation. Makes me want to work with Typeform even more. Will return when we have needs that don’t include use of a multi-textbox question 🙂

Thank you @Elliott and @Liz -  I am trying to reformulate my questions so I can use Typeform :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elliott I actually didn’t get a notification about the post needing review, so I don’t think it was because of that reason. :grinning: Every now and then, the system will flag comments incorrectly. Are you referencing the comment above about SurveyMonkey? I’m just curious because I wonder what flagged it for review. :joy:

Userlevel 1

I was, yes! I did embed links directly to each of the websites and it looks as though they didn’t make it into the final post so perhaps that’s why 🤔

Badge +5

I believe that particular comment was flagged as it contained several hyperlinks one after the other, which is often the kind of stuff we get from spammers. The platform did it's job and sends a flag to the moderators. 

I remember seeing this on the moderator queue, I made sure the names of the companies were not removed. We have no issue with competitors being mentioned as long as it's relevant to the conversation and without the intent to sell their services. 

Hope that clarifies! 

This would be a fantastic feature to have for many of our form purposes and data collection. Hope this happens soon :)