Answered

More than one question on a page

Userlevel 2

Is it possible to display several questions in one page for the user view?
For example, I wanted to show first name, last name and email in one page

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 February 2021, 19:06

View original

163 replies

I have to create a form where students can add a class.  So there is a course ID number, course number, section number, name and units to add in.  Is there a way to have all these questions on one slide?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mzury I’ve added your question to this post where we have the answer. I hope this helps!

Hi,

Is it possible to have more than one question on a page?

Thank you,

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nick999 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. :grin:

Userlevel 2

Hi @Nick999 I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. :grin:

If so many people are asking for the same feature, maybe it’s an idea to let the choice to the customer instead of forcing a choice on the customer. My clients really dislike filling in very long forms. Having all personal details such as name, birthdate, address, country, .. on seperate pages doesn’t make any sense.

Look like Typeform won’t be the product for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Canary Our product team is working on creating a contact question to have all those details in one question instead of multiple. Stayed tuned! :grin:

Badge

Hi @Canary Our product team is working on creating a contact question to have all those details in one question instead of multiple. Stayed tuned! :grin:

Is this any closer Liz?

It truly boggles the mind that this isn’t already an option. I tried embedding it as a regular 3 question Typeform, but the arrows, Typeform branding (which I know can be removed with an upgrade), and multiple question UI all so close together just look confusing and awful in the regular format of a contact form. It means having to run another piece of form software just for the contact form, which is a ridiculous.

Hi,

same request here, our customers are strongly complaining about this way of displaying questions, our annual plan is about to renew soon and without this option, we will cancel it and take another tool for sure so it would be really great to have a delivery date here.

Thanks,

Charif

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JosephS I don’t have a specific update on the timeline for the contact block yet but as always, I’ll post any updates as soon as I have them here. 

This is a major limitation. There are many use cases where the person completing the form wants/needs to refer to a previous answer.  Having to toggle back and forth is not a good user experience. Seems like it would not be difficult to add this option.

Userlevel 2

PLEASE make multiple questions on a page an option.

It’s a dealbreaker for us to continue using Typeform if this isn’t implemented.

It annoys me that this is marked as solved when it isn’t.

Badge +5

It's not solved, it has a 'best answer'. I know it's just semantics, but we don't use use the word solution for that reason.

The debate about having more than one question has been reopened internally due to high demand, but right now it isn't really in the works. I know we're working on an 'address field' question type, but that'd be just to collect personal info. 

What makes having multiple questions on one page so important to you @lilianxcheng ? 

Userlevel 2

It's not solved, it has a 'best answer'. I know it's just semantics, but we don't use use the word solution for that reason.

The debate about having more than one question has been reopened internally due to high demand, but right now it isn't really in the works. I know we're working on an 'address field' question type, but that'd be just to collect personal info. 

What makes having multiple questions on one page so important to you @lilianxcheng ? 

But the green tag above the headline reads “Solved”.

It’s important because I’ve received client feedback that they want multiple fields on one slide and see clicking/scrolling through to multiple pages too much. First and last name. Flight time and number. Name and age.

I loved Typeform--and I wish Typeform would give us flexibility to build forms the way we see fit. Now I have to work with developers to build it or go to other form platforms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lilianxcheng - as a fellow user, i understand your frustration .. but i keep reminding myself that the discussions in the community are different from the technological implementations/updates that come out from the Typeform Product team. 

The technology may not be ‘solved’ to your satisfaction, or mine in some cases, but the conversation here in the community has an answer that is ‘as good as it can be’ by the people in the Community. 

Part of what you are seeking is a fundamental change in the ‘cultural implementation’ of Typeform, which is what actually made me come here from SurveyMonkey, etc. 

I use different tools for different styles/needs that my clients want built out.. but over 90% of the projects i have worked on for clients have been deployed in Typeform - even though the one-question-per-page is always one hurdle that folks have to get over.. 

just sayin’

des

Badge +5

What makes having multiple questions on one page so important to you @lilianxcheng ? 

But the green tag above the headline reads “Solved”.

It’s important because I’ve received client feedback that they want multiple fields on one slide and see clicking/scrolling through to multiple pages too much. First and last name. Flight time and number. Name and age.

I loved Typeform--and I wish Typeform would give us flexibility to build forms the way we see fit. Now I have to work with developers to build it or go to other form platforms.

Gotcha. Thanks for the context. I believe name and last name and address fields are being seriously considered, but I don't expect a fundamental cultural change to how Typeform works any time soon. One question at a time is one of our main differentiators and what drove folks to use Typeform, for others is an impediment. 

You're right about the label 'solved'. I'll try and see if we can change that too to be more consistent. 

Userlevel 2

I hear you, @john.desborough and @Gabriel. Thanks for taking the time to addressing my comments.

I’ve always loved Typeform and wish I could use it for more clients, but when they are adamant about multiple questions on one screen (and I can totally see why from a UX perspective) it bums me out that I have to move to another platform that isn’t as easy to use or customize.

The Typeform of my dreams is the ultimate form builder, not the ultimate one-question-per-page form builder. Why does it have to be either or...why not both?

I recognize that maybe Typeform just isn’t the right form builder for my usage cases.

Badge +5

I hear you, @john.desborough and @Gabriel. Thanks for taking the time to addressing my comments.

I’ve always loved Typeform and wish I could use it for more clients, but when they are adamant about multiple questions on one screen (and I can totally see why from a UX perspective) it bums me out that I have to move to another platform that isn’t as easy to use or customize.

The Typeform of my dreams is the ultimate form builder, not the ultimate one-question-per-page form builder. Why does it have to be either or...why not both?

I recognize that maybe Typeform just isn’t the right form builder for my usage cases.

I’ll make sure to pass this one to the PM team. It’s great feedback, thanks for sharing. 

PS: I found a way to change the thread label to ‘ANSWERED’. Thanks for mentioning that!

I understand the benifit of having different pages for each question but I just want to collect name, email, telephone. so that they are on the one page and the prospect doesn't think they have to go through a long form to submit. I might look at other products instead

Userlevel 1

Same here, I was considering Typeform for our Marketing team, but this issue is why we wont be integrating Typeform for our company. 

I want to be able to customize my forms the way I need them to work.
And after someone went through a bunch of questions I want them to be able to enter their contact data solely on one page. Not one page for Salutation, one for First Name, one for Last Name, one for email address, one for telephone number, and so on...
It’s really a bummer - apart from this I really enjoyed working with Typeform while testing its features...

Badge +5

Hey @Silia and @FIT Life thanks a lot for your feedback, it’s super valuable. I just want you to know that the product team is working on an ‘address block’ that should solve this pain point. We’ll post in this thread whenever we have more news!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Gabriel: Thank you for your response - it is good that the product team is working on that feature.
Nevertheless, I have the feeling, that they are working on it for quite some time and I don’t have the feeling that it will be released anytime soon. 
I found this other thread where it was already announced 7 months ago that the product team is working on a similar matter. 
anyway, thanks for your effort.

Has there been any movement on an option to include multiple questions to a page yet?

Hi @ismael . Thanks for joining the community! :grin:  We only show one question at a time on the form because we’ve noticed higher levels of engagement and completion vs using a standard form. We don't have an option for a single page/traditional style of form or the ability to show multiple questions at the same time. I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you think of anything else!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jcarter This isn’t in the roadmap, but we are working on other features, like a contact block, which can help solve some of the major pain points that come with one question at a time. 

Userlevel 1

Being new to Typeform I had a question/request as I see many others have asked for this and CS has taken note that this is a desired feature from customers over the last few years. I sincerely hope that this is on the Dev roadmap...

Can I include multiple questions types on the one page? For example can I add a ‘Yes / No’ multi-choice question and add a short text box for the recipient to qualify more? I understand I can do ‘Question Group’ but that’s not what I’m looking for. 

I’m looking to make the most concise content briefing form to cut down time spent, reducing page clicks to limit form abandonment. So the ability to include multiple response capture on the one page will vet whether I continue to use Typeform. Even having two questions on one page would be of HUGE benefit. 

Appreciate any options/hack!

Thanks

Andrew

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @AndrewM ! If we have any updates from product on this, we’ll post an update here.