Answered

Outcome quiz with multiple options in results?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

We sell 5 supplements in our store. I’d like to create a quiz to help potential customers choose which products would be right for them. 

I understand how to create an Outcomes Quiz that leads to a single outcome/ending, i.e. “What’s your personality type” that leads to a single answer. 

But in this case, I want to have an ending that might suggest more than one answer/product. For example, say they take the quiz and it turns out that 2-3 products (not just one) are a good fit for them.

Is there a way to do this? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 July 2022, 20:10

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@switters - in order to do what you are attempting, you will need to create a scoring quiz and to assign ‘points’ to your products (think of variables to hold subtotals) and then you will need to create the logic rules to evaluate your scores and direct the user to the appropriate outcome/ending you want.. 

just some starting thoughts

des

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’ve been thinking more about how to keep this from getting hopelessly complex. I read the Beardbrand case study, and that gave me an idea. I could create 5 different product bundles (combinations of 2-4 of our 5 products) based on health concern/goals, i.e. “Metabolic health”, “Immune health”, etc. 

Then I could just create a “personality-type” quiz with questions that assign users into one of these 5 buckets. I believe this could be done with an Outcome Quiz? One question I have about this is what happens if there’s a tie, i.e. someone has the same number of responses for one health/concern goal as another? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@switters - in the outcome quiz, if there is a tie in scores, it defaults the user to the ‘first ending in series of tied scores’ ie if A and C are tied, it goes to A, if C and D are tied, it goes to C.. 

so you would need to order your endings in the sequence in the way you would like them to be ‘targeted’ by defaults… (if bundle B gives you the best profit margin, and that is what you want to have as YOUR outcome, then put it higher up the chain ie closer to ending A - as opposed to being ending E….) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks, that helps! 

Is there a way to show more than one answer, ranked by the number of times they chose answers that connect to certain bundles? 

i.e. if their highest score is Product C, they see that ending (as with any “personality-type” quiz that leads to one ending. But then they see their second highest score after that, and so on? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

to do this you really need to look at the scoring type quiz and not the outcome quiz.. where you create the logic rules and account for the ‘scoring’ or assigning of points to variables representing your products. then you can do one of two things: 

• route them to the one winning ending and display the ‘rest of the results’ using the @recall function on the ending - ie of Product C ending page, then you would say something like “your scores also showed that you should look at these products as well aka second highest, third highest” … etc. 
  • you could use a statement question to show the results ahead of the submit button - Product C is the most appropriate product for you BUT you should also consider “the second highest score product” as well.. we’ll give you a chance to order these both if you like”

or something along those lines 

make any sense @switters ??

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks again for your help. I suck at math so this is hard for me to get my head around. Let me be even more specific about what I’m trying to accomplish.  

I’d like to ask multiple choice questions like: 

• What areas of your health would you most like to improve?
  • What symptoms trouble you the most?
  • Have you been diagnosed with any of the following conditions?
  • Do any of these conditions run in your family?
  • If you could wave a magic wand and make one health wish come true, what would it be?

Then I would have 5 potential answers to each of these questions, each corresponding to a different health concern/goal (and ending). 

The Beardbrand article makes it clear how to do this when users can only choose one answer to each question

In this case, however, I’d like users to be able to choose multiple answers, because many people have more than one health concern/goal. 

Then, I’d like to use scoring to “weight” their answers, so that the health/concern goal that got the highest score is the ending they are directed to. (Then I could also use the @recall function to show their 2nd highest concern/ending, if desired.)

Is it possible to do this? If so, how? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@switters -  here’s the 3 minute thinking on this: 

• create 5 variables - one each  outcome you want (i will use o1, o2...05)
  • use the logic rules to assign points to variables in each question: 
    • Q:What areas of your health would you most like to improve?
      • set up the logic rules to do the following ‘scoring’
        • if answer A then add 1 to o1
        • if answer B then add 1 to o3
        • if answer C then add 1 to o4
        • if answer D then add 1 to o5
        • if answer E then add 1 to o2
    • next question does similar 
  • once you have done all the scoring you will need to evaluate which of the outcome variables is the highest using the logic rules (create a variable v_highest, text, default is blank) - this is one method
    • logic rule to see if one of the outcomes is uniquely the highest: 
      • if o1 is greater than o2 and o1 is greater than o3 and o1 is greater than o4 and o1 is greater than o5 then replace v_highest with “outcome 1”
      • if o2 is greater than o1 and o2 is greater than o3...etc. then replace v_highest with “outcome 2”

repeat the evaluation logic rules for each outcome to see if any of the outcome subtotals is uniquely the highest. then you will need to look into the logic if one of the scores is not uniquely the highest .. there are some other posts in the community that talk about this scenario .. if you can search for and find a couple of those to help you along the way, that would be the next step. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you once again! I found this article in the Help Center on creating variables. That part is straightforward. 

The logic rules for evaluating each outcome are less clear to me. I don’t understand what “create a variable v_highest, text, default is blank” means. Are there any articles on this that I could refer to?

I searched for threads that talk about how to resolve a tie with logic, but wasn’t able to find any. If any come to mind for you, please let me know. Thanks again!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was able to set up the variables like this for each question. Now I just need to know how to set up the logic so that users are routed to the ending that corresponds to the variable with the highest score (and how to resolve a tie if there is no winner). 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m trying to follow your instructions. When I attempt to set the conditions for “If variable o1 is greater than o2”, it doesn’t work. I can only enter a numerical value in the “greater than” field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

review this link for some of the details on how to do it.. you are correct in that it is not just ‘that easy’ lol.. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you for trying to help me John. Unfortunately, I still don’t understand how to accomplish what I’m after. 

However, a thought just occurred to me… could I not use an Outcome Quiz for this? 

I have 5 potential endings, each correlated with a particular health concern (e.g. “energy/performance”) and supplement recommendation (e.g. “energy/performance bundle”). 

I set up 5 multiple choice questions with 5 answers. Each answer corresponds to one of the 5 health concerns/bundles. 

Then in Logic > Outcome Quiz, I connected the appropriate answer for each question with each ending/health concern/bundle. 

If I understand correctly, this will show the ending/bundle that receives the greatest number of selections in the quiz.

My only question with this is whether an Outcomes Quiz will accept multiple responses for a single question? In my quiz, I have 5 questions, each with 5 potential answers, but people can select as many of the answers as apply to them. 

So, it’s possible that someone’s responses might indicate the following “score”:

• Energy/performance: 5 (they chose it on every question)
  • Brain/cognitive: 3 (they chose it on 3 questions)
  • Cariometabolic: 2 (they chose it on 2 questions)

Will the Outcomes Quiz logic pick up on this, or does it require only one answer per question to work properly?