⚽ 2022 World Cup prediction league ⚽

• 22 November 2022
  • 54 replies

Show first post

54 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey all,

Wow, what a final! What a player! What a tournament! I'm of course, talking about the Typeform Community prediction league (although the Argentines and that Messi fella did alright, too).

After a scintillating final weekend, which – just like the World Cup Final – went right to the wire, we have a winner. Congratulations to @christome, who ensures that Brazil do walk away from Qatar with a trophy after all 🇧🇷🏆

Christiane has performed solidly throughout the tournament and shown some very shrewd soothsaying skills. She was run very close (just 4 points!!) by early tournament leader @benjohnson , who battled to the end but just couldn't quite find the killer predicting punch. 

Special mention too to @Cat  for picking up the golden boot for the most correct results predicted over the course of the tournament. 

A big thank you to everyone who took part – I really enjoyed this experience and it was great to have something to care about in those matches where otherwise I wouldn't have given a hoot who won. 

See you all in 4 years…

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Congratulations everyone 🎉 What an epic final that was…! Thanks for organizing the tournament @James, can’t wait for the next one 😜

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This was amazing! Thank you so much @James for putting it together. Congratulations to all the competitors and great job @christome , so well deserved! Until next time everyone ❤

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - thank YOU for putting this together.. it was a lot of fun. 

To @benjohnson and @christome - well done in terms of running away from us all and putting up an awesome fight for the “golden sock” award (?????)

and to the rest of us - thankfully there is no relegation zone lol.. 

cheers to all and, yes, being from one of the co-hosts for the next go round, I’ll host the finals party here in Ottawa!

cheers

des