Barception

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Happy Monday, all!

Ages ago when we could work in the office, we used to hang around the Barception - Typeform’s take on a reception with exactly what it sounds like - a bar!

We’re bringing the Barception to all of you, and you can virtually visit it below: 

Think of this as your virtual meeting space where you can say hello in the morning and goodbye in the evening, talk about what you’ve got planned this weekend or what your favorite beverage of choice is, morning or night!

I’m currently drinking iced coffee today - what about you all?

982 replies

Badge +5

@Liz there's a family run shop in my neighborhood that sells pretty good coffee - mainly to restaurants and cafes but also for people living locally. 

@john.desborough they didn't have Indonesia but look what I found 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel send some to the US!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz there's a family run shop in my neighborhood that sells pretty good coffee - mainly to restaurants and cafes but also for people living locally. 

@john.desborough they didn't have Indonesia but look what I found 

nice!!! @Gabriel I am expecting tasting notes in the morning lol

Badge +5

I finished my Mexican coffee today. I’ll try the Papua New Guinea tomorrow :D

Will reveal my findings soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

let the coffee bring you to the dark side… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough :joy::rofl:

Also, I’ve resorted to a new coffee low...I had to get Dunkin today. :( I honestly haven’t had their coffee in years, but it was my only choice this morning since I’m out of town and had to quickly get a COVID test before meetings for an event this weekend. I’m not sure I know who I am anymore. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - poor you… addiction is, well… addiction lol.. 

good luck on your event this weekend!

Badge +5

I tried the Papua coffee this morning. OMG it’s really strong. The Mexican one I had was sweet and smooth so I need a bit of an adaptation period to this new coffee. Maybe I I need to add less coffee …

Found this tasting notes online: 

Soft, dense, complex and balanced. With notes of spices, vegetables and ripe fruits. Intensely perfumed.

In the Sigri plantation of Waghi Valley, which was founded by the Carpenter family in 1969, the coffee grows at about 1600-1700 m altitude, and enjoys a cool and mild climate and good rainfall throughout the year. These microclimatic conditions are ideal for the growth of Arabica coffee, especially the ancient Typica variety and Arusha. In Sigri the harvest is done manually between the months of April and September, selecting the ripe grain at the correct point of sugars and acidity. This selected cherry is pulped on the same day with respectful methods for the environment. The whole fermentation process lasts about three days and the parchment is dried in the sun.

Sigri A has a distinct family connection to Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica. Source

Not sure about soft though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - nothing is wrong with strong! lol.. but if you are not ready for it lol.. 

The brand i am drinking has been selected and roasted to about twice the caffeine level of your usual beans from the corner store but is so smooth and rich, that you don’t notice the strength of the coffee until you realize that you just lifted the sofa with one hand while helping your son find his toy car (or my daughter’s barbie shoes). 

sounds like a good cup for a kickstart in the morning !!

cheers on keeping the heart rate in check today

and thank you for the tasting notes

Badge +5

I had another cup this afternoon and it was easier to drink… I can see it’s just a lot more intense. My it’s definitely  good coffee. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz - poor you… addiction is, well… addiction lol.. 

good luck on your event this weekend!

Coffee addition is really a beast ha! I thankfully went to a regular cafe this morning, thank goodness. 

@Gabriel That coffee sounds so good though!! You can never go wrong with too much coffee. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Badge +5

Happy Monday everyone. And congrats @vickioneill for the Engineer badge 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

well done @vickioneill 

Badge +5

And congrats also @amy.carlson for becoming an influencer :P

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woot!! Look at you all, moving up in the Community World!

I didn’t take any photos of this because to-go cups aren’t that impressive, but I’ve been drinking coffee for the past weekend over at Manhattanville Coffee, if you ever happen to find yourself in this area of NYC!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Gabriel and @john.desborough for the congratulatory messages! Love the badges we earn. 

Badge +5

Happy Thursday, folks. How’s life treating you today?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy Thursday, folks. How’s life treating you today?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi all - back to regular beverages after my second COVID shot last week! I never thought I’d be interested in the Nespresso capsules, but they have some really decent coffee. Currently going through a box of the one below!

https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/capsules/vertuo/stormio-vertuo-coffee-pods

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi all - back to regular beverages after my second COVID shot last week! I never thought I’d be interested in the Nespresso capsules, but they have some really decent coffee. Currently going through a box of the one below!

https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/capsules/vertuo/stormio-vertuo-coffee-pods

Nice.. a friend of mine lives on those.. well… ok.. he has two maybe three a day lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I’m definitely in that boat ha! I tried to refill the pods, but I really love their coffee and just popping it in and getting coffee right away. I’m becoming lazy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i hear you.. just remember this look in the mirror 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz - i hear you.. just remember this look in the mirror 

:rofl:

Badge +5

Hey folks, how are things today? Everybody all right?