Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy Monday y’all!!

des

__

“Shhh… my coffee and I are having a moment. I will deal with you later.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m late to the game here, but you should all know I dearly love Taylor Swift, so be prepared for a new Taylor link anytime you ask this question. :joy:

Badge +5

She’s awesome @Liz !

This one is quite timely as we start opening the community to all Typeform creators. 

@James get your flares on. :man_dancing_tone3:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Maybe Taylor Swift will join our community and my life will be complete! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel no chance for this one. I like celebrating but hate this song. I'm not quite sure why. I think it just reminds me of parties I shouldn't have gone to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel @James 

here’s an equally old Canadian band/song that, to this old curmudgeon, celebrates a launch party:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel @James 

here’s an equally old Canadian band/song that, to this old curmudgeon, celebrates a launch party:

This is more like it @john.desborough, those guys really knew how to throw a party. @Gabriel Once the pandemic is over please can we organize a belated community launch street party (in Toronto ideally) exactly like this? We've got plenty of time to get our outfits ready.

Userlevel 2

Love the Tiny Desk series. One of my latest favorites is Aldous Harding. Strangely brilliant!

Badge +5

What a jewel! She’s amazing. Thanks for sharing and welcome. @Currently Jason !

Userlevel 2

What a jewel! She’s amazing. Thanks for sharing and welcome. @Currently Jason !

No problem. I think so :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

more Canadian content:

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

staying with Jesse Cook (yay Canadians!)

Badge +5

Those are some nice tunes, Des! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The Cure for a Friday morning?? Yes… and coffee.. 

Badge +5

This reminds me of the (not so) old days

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS3D7n5EMPY

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In my (much) younger days, I used to work in electronic music so whenever I see an artist that I worked shows for, it always makes me miss my youth! This guy just came out with his album a week or so ago. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In my (much) younger days, I used to work in electronic music so whenever I see an artist that I worked shows for, it always makes me miss my youth! This guy just came out with his album a week or so ago. 

MUCH younger days?? seriously.. I am so old that I saw Emerson, Lake and Palmer in Toronto in 1973 and Freddie Mercury/Queen in Montreal in 1984 was one of the most amazing shows. (back in the day when they needed instruments to make music!! lol.. not just computers)

Was a nice track you posted btw.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I’m basically an eighty-year-old, so I’ve mentally aged fast ha! And wow! That had to have been cool to see! Were those your favorite shows? 

I’ve been noticing a comeback with more actual-instrument music lately, thankfully. The last band I saw that used instruments to make music was U2 when I was still working in music. Of course, not counting Taylor Swift and her guitar. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i have seen a LOT of concerts over the years and it is really hard to say which ones were the faves: Bowie (5 times), Queen, Stones (3 times), Supertramp (yeah I am aging myself again), Jethro Tull, Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, U2, Mumford & Sons, George Thorogood, ELP, ELO, Soundgarden, Joy Division, New Order, Tears for Fears, OMD, Run DMC, Eminem, Eagles, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Who, Rush, BTO, Guess Who, ZZ Top, The Smiths, Simply Red (great shows), James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Nirvana, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, The Clash, Cure, The Cult, CSNY, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC, Radiohead, Carlos Santana, Tom Petty, REM, B52s, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, The Cars, Blondie, Duran Duran (don’t ask it was a date.. ), Echo & the Bunnymen, Martha & the Muffins, Simple Minds, Talk Talk, Eurythmics, INXS, Psychedelic Furs, Human League, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Stranglers, Ultravox, XTC, Men at Work, Soft Cell, Flock of Seagulls,Erasure, Thompson Twins, New Bohemians, Pretenders, Billy Idol, Elvis Costello, Adam and the Ants, Squeeze, Culture Club, Joe Jackson, Crowded House, Modern English, Split Enz, General Public, Frankie go to Hollywood, The Specials, FYC, Level 42, Men without Hats, Boomtown Rats, The Knack, Wall of Voodoo, Nina Hagen.. 

ouch.. and there are more .. Satchmo and Ella Fitz was an amazing concert back in my youth.. love old jazz and blues.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz - i have seen a LOT of concerts over the years and it is really hard to say which ones were the faves: Bowie (5 times), Queen, Stones (3 times), Supertramp (yeah I am aging myself again), Jethro Tull, Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel, U2, Mumford & Sons, George Thorogood, ELP, ELO, Soundgarden, Joy Division, New Order, Tears for Fears, OMD, Run DMC, Eminem, Eagles, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, The Who, Rush, BTO, Guess Who, ZZ Top, The Smiths, Simply Red (great shows), James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Nirvana, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, The Clash, Cure, The Cult, CSNY, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC, Radiohead, Carlos Santana, Tom Petty, REM, B52s, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, The Cars, Blondie, Duran Duran (don’t ask it was a date.. ), Echo & the Bunnymen, Martha & the Muffins, Simple Minds, Talk Talk, Eurythmics, INXS, Psychedelic Furs, Human League, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Stranglers, Ultravox, XTC, Men at Work, Soft Cell, Flock of Seagulls,Erasure, Thompson Twins, New Bohemians, Pretenders, Billy Idol, Elvis Costello, Adam and the Ants, Squeeze, Culture Club, Joe Jackson, Crowded House, Modern English, Split Enz, General Public, Frankie go to Hollywood, The Specials, FYC, Level 42, Men without Hats, Boomtown Rats, The Knack, Wall of Voodoo, Nina Hagen.. 

ouch.. and there are more .. Satchmo and Ella Fitz was an amazing concert back in my youth.. love old jazz and blues.. 

Wow! Quite the list! I also appreciate that you went to Duran Duran on a date. :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:  The things we do for love ha!

Time to add some attitude ;) 

Badge +5

Nice one, @Askal  ! Reminds me a bit of Childish Gambino, I dig it!

Happy to see someone sharing something more recent. We were a bit stuck in the 80s and 90s :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - Stuck??? Stuck?? my guess is that the music from the 80s that some of us listen to is older than people using this forum lol.. 

This may be a bunch of guys older than me, yes it is possible, but this is still what it is like in many cities here in Canada..