Best music to create typeforms & videoasks

Badge +5

I used to love this thread in a community I was part of in my previous life. So here it’s again.

What are you listening today?

I’ll get things started…

468 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Aaaah Peanuts!!! Love it! By the way, I love your new signature phrase, @john.desborough

Today I'm in the mood for some Bossa Nova! :flag_br:  So, I'll leave you with one of my favorites! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

big love for that album @Gabi Amaral .. great talents and wonderful music

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I know, @john.desborough ! I love when they mix and match musical styles! It can be great (although sometimes can be awful! Hehehe) :rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

"I'm so tired of being alone, I'm so tired of on-my-own!" Just because I woke up missing going to the office! Hehehehe. :joy: By the way, I LOVE ALL GREEN! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A classic is a classic! :blue_heart: That's my mood today! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - this is old school as well and should get @James off his stool and shufflin’ around barception (if it is open!!) 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice choice, @john.desborough! I love acoustic versions! Yessss, where's @James with his songs? Come on, man! We miss your suggestions! :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral - this is old school as well and should get @James off his stool and shufflin’ around barception (if it is open!!) 

des

Wow, this is simply perfection @john.desborough . Never heard these versions, so thanks for sharing - a real treat. Would love those guys to announce a tour, still near the top of my list of bands I’ve never seen.

At the risk of being a massive buzzkill I’ve been listening to this after learning of the passing of an old friend today. It’s a beautiful song from a great album which I listened to with her many times. I guess I’ve definitely killed the buzz, but hopefully you guys will enjoy this one :stuck_out_tongue: Tomorrow I’ll be back with a banger for the weekend to throw light on the shade!  And let’s remember that life’s short so we should enjoy it :sparkles: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - so sorry for your loss.. It is difficult to lose a friend, someone who is really part of the extended family. I will light  candle and hoist a Guinness in your direction this evening on your behalf. 

This is a great version of the song.. I understand … 

Cheers to you and playing this one again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James - so sorry for your loss.. It is difficult to lose a friend, someone who is really part of the extended family. I will light  candle and hoist a Guinness in your direction this evening on your behalf. 

This is a great version of the song.. I understand … 

Cheers to you and playing this one again!

Thanks for your best wishes @john.desborough , I appreciate it. You’re right, it’s a heavy experience for sure. I shall be raising a little glass of something too this evening :) Enjoy your day!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'm very sorry for you loss, @James! I'm here sending positive thoughts to her and to you! And yes, this is a good way to remember that we have to enjoy life as much as we can!

Sending lots of virtual hugs to you and this song that I personally love :blue_heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks a lot @Gabi Amaral :hearts:  Always loved that one, even though it’s a real tear jerker (actually I’ve just been reading Clapton’s autobiography so the tingles were going even more than usual!)

Let’s crank things up a bit with something a little more upbeat for a Friday (even though it’s about existential crises!) I think @john.desborough in particular will appreciate this one, from a really underrated band that I’ve recently rediscovered:

Happy weekend everyone :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - BNL is NOT underrated.. they have been high on my play list for a long time (too bad that Steven Page had the ‘issues’ he did and left the band - his voice with Ed Robertson’s made such a great pairing. Sort of like Curt and Roland from Tears for Fears… ) 

They were a staple of bands I used to go to see in Toronto and around cities in Canada and once, in Boston, at the EMC customer/user conference, they were the social night act.. we were in the front row (all the Canadians I had dragged to the conference) and I had on a tshirt that said “BNL IS CANADA”  and we all got called up on stage to help sing ‘If i had a million dollars’ .. my BNL choice for the weekend run-up song 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

ok.. so it’s a rainy Sunday afternoon and the rest of the house has decided it’s time for a nap.. 

i’m sitting in the rocking chair by the window, coffee and a book in my hand, and i am not moving till the cup needs a refill or the music ends… whichever comes first.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have to confess that I've never heard of BNL, guys! So this is a good opportunity for me to listen to some of their songs! Hehehehe. Thanks for that! 

What book are you reading, @john.desborough? Were you reading/drinking coffee/listening to the song for five hours? Hehehehe :joy:

Ok, so I'm a big fan of Aretha Franklin. Recently, I listened to this version of "Until you come back to me", sang by an artist called Hil St Soul that I really enjoyed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - it’s a 5 hour playlist of blues.. two books actually - one on brand and another on copywriting (i know.. sounds too much like work but i have been wanting to find the time to read these.. ) and i managed to have about 4 and a half hours to myself.. 2 big cups of coffee and, to be honest, a nice two fingers of a fine single malt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James - BNL is NOT underrated.. they have been high on my play list for a long time (too bad that Steven Page had the ‘issues’ he did and left the band - his voice with Ed Robertson’s made such a great pairing. Sort of like Curt and Roland from Tears for Fears… ) 

They were a staple of bands I used to go to see in Toronto and around cities in Canada and once, in Boston, at the EMC customer/user conference, they were the social night act.. we were in the front row (all the Canadians I had dragged to the conference) and I had on a tshirt that said “BNL IS CANADA”  and we all got called up on stage to help sing ‘If i had a million dollars’ .. my BNL choice for the weekend run-up song 

OMG what a night that must have been, and what a great sing-a-long number that is @john.desborough I don’t suppose there’s any chance of a YouTube link from that particular appearance perchance??? Would love to have seen you up there giving it some. Maybe one day those delegates can return the favour and take you to see Boston in Canada arf arf

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - i have seen Boston in Canada.. back in the day lol.. However, the BNL guys are fabulous - they would go offscript all the time between songs and have a great time as entertainers.. at one point someone pushed the proverbial beachball up onto the stage and Steven Page kicked it back out into the audience - it smacked someone about 5 people over from me right in the face .. Page was horrified and immediately went over to check on the person.. and at the end of the night gave them the set list as an apology.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That sounds like a lovely Sunday afternoon and an eventful BNL's concert as well, @john.desborough:grin: That's the kind of entertainment I'd look for! Hahaha

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's Friday!!! Yaaaay! Celebrating the arrival of the weekend with this song :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

going with two posts here.. my friend Jesse Cook dropped a new song today .. 

and i am closing down the night with a little Cubana Salsa

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

now this is a nice combination of Hawaii’an influence and some flamenco.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Aaah love the Cubana salsa one specially because I danced a lot of Salsa and Bachata in the weekend! I'm getting good at it, @john.desborough

To start the week on a high note, here's one of my faves! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - she was a fave back in the day when she first came out… saw her live many times.. 

this morning’s music is for dreamers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooooh...now you got me jealous, @john.desborough! What about you, Des? What you would do if you had the power to dream any dream you wanted to? :heart_eyes: