Where are you working from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12705 replies

Some of you here know that I travel a fair amount (and by fair, I mean 90% of the time), so I figured it might be fun to create a post with workplace views! Here’s mine today out near Yellowstone. :heart_eyes:

365 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oooo! It looks so beautiful, @Gabi Amaral ! I’m still out in NYC, but I don’t have any good photos of it yet. I’ll post some when I do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - my basement window has nothing on your Palermo view.. damn that is one nice view. 

@Liz - if you are anywhere near the Carnegie Deli, and have never been there, go. If you are an omnivore you will meet your match with their sandwiches.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough  Adding it to my list of places to visit! Today I’m heading over to the Chelsea Market for food, but I’ll have to stop there next time. 

@Gabi Amaral Wow! What a view you got there!:grinning:

Today I don't feel like dealing with this heat, so I’m working from home…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice bottle, @Paulo ! :heart_eyes::sunglasses:  I hope there’s wine in there!

I didn’t have this view yesterday, but I was working close to Little Island in NYC with another colleague (in person!!) from Typeform! 

Nice bottle, @Paulo ! :heart_eyes::sunglasses:  I hope there’s wine in there!

Unfortunately it was water...:joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice bottle, @Paulo ! :heart_eyes::sunglasses:  I hope there’s wine in there!

Unfortunately it was water...:joy:

@Paulo 

@Liz I’m going to fix this right now! :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz I’m going to fix this right now! :sunglasses:

@Paulo - i love it.. 

des

@john.desborough Imagine the face of the store clerk, looking at me and thinking: what in the world is this guy doing? :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Imagine the face of the store clerk, looking at me and thinking: what in the world is this guy doing? :joy:

HAHAHAHAHHA this made my whole day. 

Also, those wines look so cool!! I’m guessing the one next to the Typeform bottle is a Japanese wine? Have you tried that one? 

@Liz I've tried the one on the right, and now that you mention it, I’m feeling like trying the one on the left as well!:sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo Please send updates when you do!!

This weekend, I spent some time at my family’s cabin in Minnesota, a state that LOVES its lakes and cabins. Not as great of a view as @Paulo or @Gabi Amaral , but at least had a cute pup!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz that looks like a very relaxing place … and the pup is cute.. lol

I took advantage of waking up early this morning to walk down to the river near us with my coffee and tablet, to get a little task prioritization done.. 

the artist doing these sculptures has been doing this for over 20 years… during the winter and the subsequent melting of the ice and snow, a lot of these are knocked over (all the stones are balanced) and so the rock-scape changes every year … and sometimes every week due to some vandals knocking them over. 

it was very peaceful for an hour’s worth of contemplation 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough those rock sculptures are so cool! I’m surprised they stay up so well in general. How many approximately do you think there are? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - about 2,000 of them lol.. but the figure changes daily  due to fluctuations in river levels and stuff (lots of rain and flooding...) and idiots .. i will try to get a panoramic view over the next day or so.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz - about 2,000 of them lol.. but the figure changes daily  due to fluctuations in river levels and stuff (lots of rain and flooding...) and idiots .. i will try to get a panoramic view over the next day or so.. 

Oh my gosh! Yes, definitely need to see them all ha!

@Liz Yep! Going to update soon! :wink:

@Liz and @john.desborough, you two are definitely helping me grow my bucket list:

:ballot_box_with_check: Own a cabin in Minnesota

:ballot_box_with_check: Visit the rock sculptures (bring coffee)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo Don’t forget to add: 

:ballot_box_with_check: Have a Typeform meetup with Japanese wines

to your list!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Paulo - i have some very nice suntori ‘scotch’ at the back of the shelf… maybe we should have a virtual typeform meetup to describe the Japanese beverages we are drinking lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Pics or it didn’t happen, @john.desborough !

@Liz @john.desborough My bucket list keeps growing!:joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough There are some similar rock sculptures in Lisbon, near the Tejo river! I bet they're not as nice as these though! 

@Paulo Drinking Japanese wines seems curious to me! Definitely would like to try it! 

@Liz the view of Minnesota with the puppy is simply beautiful! I've heard there are a lot of lake houses in there! 

@belinda_long Don't forget to check out this thread as well! We've been posting photos of the places we're working from. We'd love to see some beautiful photos of Valparaiso, in Chile! 

Well, guys...I've been working from a hotel in Palermo! Guess what? I've got covid and now I'll have to quarantine here! A friend of mine took this amazing photo of me (Where's Wally/Waldo? style!)

@Gabi Amaral Sorry to hear you got Covid! How are the symptoms?
The bright side of quarantine in Palermo is that you can’t go anywhere near Mount Etna…

The North of Japan produces the best wines of the country! I guess we will probably have a virtual meetup about the theme soon:joy:

I found Waldo Gabi!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo Yes, but at least they're taking good care of me! I'm positively surprised by the Italian government. The nurses come here once a day to measure my temperature and oxygen, they've been sending good food and everything if for free! :heart_eyes:

Now I almost have no symptoms! Only a little bit of flu, but before I was with a sore throat and I lost taste and smell for one day. The only problem is the weather! It's so so warm! Yesterday at 9 pm, it was 32°C!! :fire:

Yesss, a virtual meet-up to talk about wine would be amazing! You'd represent Japan and I could represent Portugal! :joy: How are the prices to buy wines over there?