Where are you working from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12698 replies

Some of you here know that I travel a fair amount (and by fair, I mean 90% of the time), so I figured it might be fun to create a post with workplace views! Here’s mine today out near Yellowstone. :heart_eyes:

365 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh Des, yesterday I finally had time to edit a video about my trip to Amazon! If you want, I can send it to you so you can have an idea of the whole thing! It was magical indeed! @john.desborough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - please please send me the link in DM or via email .. would love to see it.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just sent it to you, @john.desborough! The quality is not amazing though. Next video I'll edit will be about the Northeast trip, already excited for that. 

@Grace Are you working from Barcelona at the moment? Is the weather a little bit better? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral we’ve had a few bits of blue sky the last few days but it’s back to grey today 🌧 maybe next week we’ll see a bit more sunshine! 

I went to a wine tasting last night, and we had this amazing spread! @James this was the food I was talking about in our meeting earlier!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - wow!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough it was delicious 🤤 the tasting focused mainly on food pairing, so there were lots of different flavour choices so you could see how each wine matched with different food options

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Holy macaroni @Grace this looks like some kind of mediaeval banquet. What a beautiful spread – and a lovely way to celebrate! Apart from the radishes. I can’t be doing with radishes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James yeh the radishes were definitely just there to look pretty, can’t say they went that well with the wine! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You're so fancy, @Grace! It seemed to be a lovely tasting indeed. I wish I could understand more about wines, do you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral I’m definitely getting better at identifying flavors (or notes as I believe they’re called!) but I think I need a bit more practice still 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's very good already @Grace! How do you get better at this? By reading about it, talking to people who understand or taking a course...bit hard to know how to learn! If you have recommendations of Spanish wines, let us know! 

In Portugal there're plenty of people that work with wines and knows a lot about it. Maybe it'd be nice to ask them! 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! Been a long time! I’ve been back and forth between LA and NYC, but this past weekend, I was over in the Malibou Lake area, which is private lake (of course, it’s LA) within Malibu Creek State Park. It was overcast all weekend, but still very relaxing! (Except for the usual LA traffic.)

@Gabi Amaral how is Brazil? 

and @Paulo have you all settled into the new home now over there? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral super late with my reply 🙀 we need some wine experts to help us out I think! Maybe one day when I have time I’ll do a course as I do find it really interesting, for now I’ll keep going to wine tastings to see what else I discover 😉

@Liz that looks beautiful! Glad you had a bit of time to relax in-between all your moving and traveling! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh @Liz, you're so fancy! Look at you in a private lake. How did you manage to get in? Well, it has been raining a lot here in Rio! 🙄 But at least it's not cold! 

@Grace We should go to a wine tasting together in Porto, Portugal! I'm sure you'd enjoy! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral I would love to visit Porto and do a wine tasting!! Sounds like a great plan 🍷

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As most of you know, I'm still working from Rio de Janeiro, which is great! 😎 

I do have some exciting plans for the Easter holiday though, I'll be traveling to Búzios for three days (won't be working from there though...🙌🏼)

What are your plans for the Easter holiday? @Liz @john.desborough @Darnell @talon256 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You’re a traveling enthusiast, I see, @Gabi Amaral, ha! Keep it up though. Next to Failure, Traveling is life’s best teacher.☺️

I didn’t realize Easter is already nearly here, but Kim has some events to attend and I think I’ll be kicking back to catch up on stuff before we head up to the mountains the following weekend.

We try to travel outside of the holiday/peak periods when we have to flexibility and to remind ourselves why we do this. Plus, rates for everything are generally lower without as much demand, lol!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woow...I'll actually frame this phrase:

"Next to Failure, Traveling is life’s best teacher." (BROWN, Darnell - 2022) 

No, seriously, that's true! @Darnell Which mountains are you heading to? Excited for you! 

As most of Brazilians, I love football (or soccer! Hehe). Yesterday, I went to Maracanã to watch my team, Flamengo, play in the Libertadores Cup! Take a look at it! Fortunately, we won, it was 3 x 1 against an Argentinian team called Talleres. 

So, yes, I'm enjoying the last weeks I have here in Rio! 😍 Oh, I'm gonna miss this place!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral go ahead and frame it, ha! We’ll be up in the mountains in Asheville, NC. Appreciate your excitement for us! And look at that stadium featuring your team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As I mentioned, I spent the holiday in Buzios and it was a beautiful trip! Sharing a photo of one of the beaches we went! 

Now...back to reality! Hehehehe 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Any travel plans for this weekend? @john.desborough @Michaela @Leslie MGB 

If I remember correctly, you must be heading to the mountains, right @Darnell? Exciting!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - no travel for me this weekend.. coaching in an investment workshop all weekend. (i think the ladies in the house are planning on doing a lot of shopping without me lol) 

in terms of ‘where am i working’ - we just happen to live next to where the new light rail train is going to run and the construction is well underway (and not expected to finish for another 3 years)

this was yesterday morning: 

been like this for the pas two weeks

my wife is excited for the train to be running on this route in 2025 - the station will be 250 meters from the house and make her commute to the office extremely easy. 

I am looking at this as a driver to move to Spain earlier than ‘when she retires from government work’ in 2030 lol

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oooh Des, no way! 7:30 in the morning??? 😥 Well, the benefit will be amazing, but in the meantime, that'd be tough! Good luck with that! Maybe you can get one of those swimming ear protectors to sleep at least! I'd be extremely grumpy for the whole day if I had to wake up with this noise! 

I had a lot of fun yesterday in one of the Official Carnival Parades here in Rio de Janeiro! It's so beautiful and inspiring! 😍 

This week will be my last one here, I'll be flying back to Europe on Sunday! Having mixed feelings at the moment! Hehehehe. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Correct @Gabi Amaral and ‘howdy’ to all you fine people!

Good times and vibes in Asheville this past weekend as I get back into the swing of things this week. Here are few shenanigans from our trip… and have an excellent week, everyone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wooow @Darnell! Both you and your wife look amazing!! 😎 How was the trip?? And do you have some photos of the mountains? 

I imagine it must be hard going back to work and everything else, wishing you a smooth return! Hehehe. 

Wondering where other people of the Community is working from this week? Have you been to anywhere fun lately? @Michaela @Liz @Grace