Where are you working from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12693 replies

Some of you here know that I travel a fair amount (and by fair, I mean 90% of the time), so I figured it might be fun to create a post with workplace views! Here’s mine today out near Yellowstone. :heart_eyes:

365 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral appreciate the love! I have a photo of the mountains, though they’re off in the distance, which I thought I included with yesterday’s post, but obvi did not, ha! I’ve included it below and thanks for the warm welcome!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

wow.. great view @Darnell !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Indeed, a great view @Darnell! And how was the temperature over there? Didn't seem to be cold! 

This weekend I'm going back to Europe and I'm preparing myself for that. A bit of a bittersweet feeling! I'll definitely miss my mom and family. What are your plans for the weekend? Darnell @john.desborough @Olgasolo @Michaela

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Correct @Gabi Amaral and ‘howdy’ to all you fine people!

Good times and vibes in Asheville this past weekend as I get back into the swing of things this week. Here are few shenanigans from our trip… and have an excellent week, everyone!

Definitely looks like lots of vibes @darnell, hope we'll all feel it right here on typrform!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell Ah! Asheville has such great food! Did you two get to go to any of the restaurants there? 

@Gabi Amaral how is it being back in Europe? 

I went to Monserrat on Saturday and it was perfect weather! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz yes, they do and yes, we did! You’ve been!? We’ve been to The Village (on the Biltmore Estate), White Duck Taco, Chestnut, Itto, and others, to name a few!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell I have! I was there in September of 2020, so I didn’t get to do a whole ton, but I did try 12 Bones! How was the Biltmore Estate? I think it was totally closed when I was there. I also really wanted to try White Duck Taco!

Tis the season for me working from the middle of nowhere, so for part of the weekend, I was on top of a mountain (literally, the drive up was scary) near Colorado Springs. One of my past colleagues also moved out here so I got to see them for the first time in five years, too!

Anyone else do anything (or go anywhere!) fun over the weekend? 

Badge +5

Last week I went for a run to a nearby park in Barcelona where there’s a jaw dropping view of the city. 

In case you want to see where it is on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/XhhF3Q1GYmxgKA3C9

You can see the Sagrada Familia right in the middle of the city. I don’t live far from it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

it’s amazing what you can find in your own city isn’t it @Gabriel ?? beautiful view… and looks like a nice place for a run!!

des

Badge +5

It's a tough run because as you imagine it's uphill. But as we say in Spanish, todo lo que sube baja 🤣

Discovering your own city should definitely be a thing. So many great spaces go unnoticed when you're constantly living on autopilot! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

yeah.. we have a spot like that on the edge of the city.. that is a lookout over the Ottawa River Valley at the top of a cliff.. It’s a 30km bicycle ride from here to the top with about 8 hills in between with one hill about 9 degrees slope for over 3 km (sort of like the Tour de France or La Vuelta through the Pyranees) .. it takes about 75 minutes to get to the top from here.. and only 45 coming back lol… what goes up (slowly) comes down (faster) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel Oh! I’m saving this in my list of places to go next time I’m in town! Or lunch here next time! 😂

It’s finally nice enough outside here (and now that I live two blocks away from the lake!) to go running outside. I’ll take a photo next time I go because the view of the city is really nice!

@john.desborough come on, you know by now. Pics or it didn’t happen!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - that’s one view from the lookout during the fall… 

and this is one of the small ‘lakes’ that you go by on the route through the ‘provincial park’ to get to the look out.. 

Badge +5

Wow not a single house around @john.desborough that’s what I miss in Barcelona… it’s really developed and dense over here, there’s concrete everywhere :P

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz haven’t heard of 12 Bones until you mentioned, hopefully you enjoyed it. The Biltmore Estate is quite the residence! Immense. Historic. You def have to go next time you visit Asheville, it’s like going to Paris and *not* seeing the Eiffel Tower, ha!

Also, love that mountain view!

Badge +5

Im considering to change the title of this thread to ‘Where’re you typing from’?

Sounds more fitting as I don’t want you to share pics while you’re working :P

thoughts ? @john.desborough @Darnell @Gabi Amaral @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow not a single house around @john.desborough that’s what I miss in Barcelona… it’s really developed and dense over here, there’s concrete everywhere :P

Ottawa, as a ‘regional municipality’ has about 1 million folks ...across the river is the city of Gatineau, about 350k …. and we are on the edge of an old ‘low’ mountain range (more foothills than mountains) BUT the provincial park on the other side of the river starts about 10km from where i live and stretches for many miles. 

the pic below shows an x where we live in the city, the O for the lookout where the pic was taken and i’ve drawn a bit of a triangle around the part of the park where there are cycling, hiking and cross country ski trails … and to give it some scale, shown the approx width of the city.. 

it is definitely not as big or as dense as Barcelona (or Toronto which has a greater metro area between 4-6M people depending on where you draw the line lol)

we get great use out of over 250 km of maintained bike trails along the river and through the green belt around the city.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

and the 10 minute walk from the house to the river produced this pic @Gabriel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabriel that’s actually a really cool idea, IMO!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Heeeeelloo! How are you doing today? 

​​​​@john.desborough These photos you shared are so nice, they make me feel calm and relaxed! I miss Canada so much 😍

I guess it's good to see some beautiful photos from where all of you are typing and working from! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

from the patio of my winery client.. life can be tough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oooh @john.desborough, that's beautiful! Have you had some glasses of wine? 😎

I'm in Seville suffering with the heat wave. However, the city is pretty cool! Last week and this week, they were having the Triana Festival in Triana neighborhood (where I'm living). The bridge was decorated with lights and there were food and drinks! Pretty cool! 

What about you? Anywhere interesting? @Darnell @Michaela @Mikkel @Grace 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough that looks fantastic, did you sample some wine while you were there?

@Gabi Amaral that looks like a lot of fun, have you been able to get out and enjoy the festival a bit now you’re feeling better? 

The past few weeks Wilma has taken to sitting on my laptop daily, so if anyone gets any strange messages from me it’ll be from her 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral @Grace - I will neither confirm nor deny that there may have been a very nice glass or two consumed with a wood oven pizza after the meeting with the client. But it’s a great place to work for a couple of hours… 

Wilma looks quite comfortable. 

@Gabi Amaral - the bridge looks beautiful.. the heat you are facing is tremendous there .. be safe in the heat… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh @john.desborough wood fire pizza and a glass of vino sounds like a delightful way to finish the day!

I’m working from @James house today, we’ll be starting tiki bar construction later so will have to update you all on our progress!