Question

Creating a zap depending on results

• 2 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all, I created a form with Logic and scoring. Now I’d like to connect my Convertkit using zapier so I can create tags depending on responses. I am not managing. Reached out to support who responded:  

In regards to the Zapier integration, firstly you can connect your Zapier account to your Typeform. If you want to update existing contacts, you need to choose "Update existing subscribers" in the Typeform trigger settings. Then, you can setup filters according to what responses you want to tag. Filters require a paid Zapier account.

I have a paid zapier account though and I checked, my typeform is connected under apps. When I run tests it checks out. Yet the only trigger I can get is this one - new entry: 

What do they mean by “existing subscribers”? And how do I get there? 

Bit stumped here… Help appreciated.

Cheers

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@uprightbas - did you check out this Community post? I did a walk through about it.. 

simplest thing to do in Zapier is to use the search bar at the top of the screen and put in typeform.. and then put in convertkit when you get the screen that prompts you to pair an app.

when you do that you get several ‘pre-canned’ zaps presented that will allow you to apply a tag to entry - if it is a new record in convertkit or if the record already exists in your convertkit list (an existing subscriber) . you can choose from the ones that are available or create your own flow. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks so much for your reply! You explain everything very well and carefully. Great teaching!

As for me, I was familiar with these steps, however, am still stumped re my main question - and forgive me maybe I am missing it but I don’t quite see it - 
I need a different tag depending on the outcome of the logic question in the end. How do I get that information into Zapier?

Thanks again

Ariane 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hm I may have just solved this using AI. I may not. Testing it, but this looks promising. I just told the AI bubble what I wanted and it got it wrong but it gave me fields where I could correct it. Testing it right now. WIll report back

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@uprightbas - making progress it seems and thanks for the kind words. 

What i have done for several of my scoring quizzes is create a variable in typeform that corresponds to the category of the score and/or based on the answer to a specific question. 

I map those variables into fields in convertkit so the data goes int. 

i assign a generic  tag like “form-submitted’ in convertkit to the entry. 

i create a visual automation that launches if someone is assigned that tag - the automation starts by looking at the value of the variable in the convertkit field - if the value is X do the following (ie assign another tag to the user based on the value ie tire-kicker, qualified-lead, ready-to-buy...) then i put in a step to remove the original tag (form-submitted) or to add another tag like “form-submitted-processed’ that would take them out of any other parts of the sequence 

just another way .. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi John,

you are super next level; I understand about half of what you are alluding to. I do have some custom fields in CK, but then it is above my paygrade

As for my smart AI thing, it’s not working. I managed to botch the First Name field somehow which now shows all the answers submitted. 
And for advanced I get the advanced tag, but for intermediate I get the intermediate AND advanced tag. 

🤔

Any ideas?