Answered

Facebook Pixel Domain Verification

Show first post

146 replies

Badge +5

Based on our research you should be able to continue your set up (at least for now),simply ignore the warnings. If you still get stuck do get in touch with our support team as they can look closely into it. 

Userlevel 2

@Gabriel I’ve managed to continue with two accounts I set up on FB last week (both working really well), but on trying to set up the typeform pixel on two different charity Typeforms this week I’m not even able to see the typeformfirstinteraction or typeformsubmit custom events on Facebook, plus whereas the typeform.com domain is showing up on the two fb campaigns that went live last week, on these new campaigns (even after adding the fb pixel and HTML to the Typeforms) I’m not seeing the typeform.com domain or any custom events. Any ideas why? Have your developers changed something that isn’t  allowing us to use the custom events until IOS changes come in? Something definitely seems to have changed since last week. I will also try to contact your support team. Thanks. Jane 

Badge +5

Hi @Jvadams , that’s really helpful to know. No changes by our devs unfortunately, we are still investigating how to verify the typeform.com domain but we believe the solution sits with Facebook. 

Someone else has mentioned that old campaigns are still working but the issue arises when trying to set up new events. Is that your case by any chance?

Userlevel 2

@Gabriel it is. I’ve got 2 campaigns up and running and using the typeform custom events for conversions, but on the new campaigns the typeform custom events aren’t even showing up. 

Weirdly, if I run a test event on FB they show up - as seen on screenshot - but I can’t set up a custom conversion with them, as they just don’t show up as custom conversions any more in the list! Really frustrating. 

Here you can see the typeformfirstinteraction on the test event above
but I can’t it as a custom event to a custom conversion (to use in an advert) - as it just doesn’t show up. This is different from last week, when other accounts were showing the custom events. 

The main thing that seems to have changed (between last week and this week) is that on the accounts that are live, that I set up last week, the typeform.com domain was showing up in the web event configuration (see below). This week, typeform.com isn’t showing up on accounts where I’m adding your pixel and HTML to the Typeform connect section. 

I have sent a request to support - but haven’t heard anything back. 

This is one of the FB accounts that is live, and working.

Badge +5

All this detail is super valuable @Jvadams. Looping my colleague @Nordin as this may help him getting a better understanding of what’s happening here. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @Jvadams, I believe what you describe is not related to the FB verification. In order for you to be able to select those events and create a conversion you need to use them a couple of times so they show on the dropdown list. 

If you configured them on the typeform but didn’t use them, I don’t know why, Facebook won’t show them on that dropdown menu. What has worked for other users in the past is: 

1. Open your typeform like a normal respondent would do and fill in a couple of submissions. Make sure your pixel is added to that typeform and the pixel is not being blocked by add-block or something like that… 
  2. Once that’s done, wait 5-15 minutes until those events show in the Pixel main page. 
  3. Once they do go to setup your custom conversion, now you should be able to select them. 

If that doesn’t help please reach out to support so we have a look at your specific case. 

Best regards! 

Userlevel 2

@nordin Thank you. No, this hasn’t worked. It worked last week, when I was setting up the other fb campaigns for other charities. However, the two that I’m setting up this week aren’t working. The only difference I can find is that the typeform.com domain isn’t showing up on the Web Event Configuration page - whereas it is for the campaigns I set up on FB last week and are working. It’s as if Facebook knows that the custom events typeformfirstinteraction and typeformsubmit exist, but isn’t allowing them to show up in the custom events list when you set up a custom conversion. The only difference between the campaigns I’ve set up this week and last - is time. They are a week apart. Everything else in the setup is completely the same.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

thanks @Jvadams send us a ticket to support and we’ll havea look. When you send it can you also send us a screen recording showing how you have the setup configured and all that? It will help us address the issue faster. Thanks! 

Userlevel 2

@nordin and @gabriel I have already sent a detailed message to support 2 days ago - but have heard nothing. This may be because the account is in the name of my client. If they can cc me in to any answers (as requested on the support email) that would be really helpful. 

Thanks. Jane 

Followed the instructions in the help center added the id, tested the form , the pixel toolbar showed that it was on there but when I go into the ads manager it’s not showing up for us to add it as a custom conversion… Anything we’re missing here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @seththurston. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blush:

I moved your question here so you can check the whole thread about this topic. I hope it helps!

Userlevel 1

Wouldn’t it be possible for us to e.g. connect one of our own subdomains to the Typeform account (as you would when using Wix etc)? Then the verification shouldn’t be an issue.

Hi,

I think it is a very urgent and important issue but I have not found enough material from typeform.

I only find this link:

https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057210791

but if I try to enter it tells me that I am not authorized, I log in and does not allow me to log in anyway.

is it possible to have a clear and definitive guide?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bobby_Bart I added your post here for you to find the answer in this thread here. :) If you have any other questions, let me know!

Badge +5

Just to follow up on Liz's post, we are in touch with Facebook as we need assistance from them to get our domain verified and we'll hopefully be able to tell you next week if we get good news from them. 

Agree the issue is important, Bobby. But with these changes Facebook has kind of ignored those using third party domains, so they ultimately hold the key to get this sorted. l

Let's hope we can bring good news next week. 

​​​​have a good weekend everyone. 

Hey, 

I just chatted with Typeform support and they directed me here. 

My question is why wouldn’t Typeform just allow us to host our Typeform pages on our own domains instead of just giving us the option to set up a subdomain on typeform.com? 

I would definitely prefer that. 
Thanks

Badge +5

We hope you are having an awesome day. 

We are reaching out today to share a new update regarding the Facebook pixel changes . As you might have seen, from now on domains will have to be verified to adapt to the new way Facebook will track ads and reports with aggregated events or your reporting might be impacted (click here to learn how). Here are the actions that we have taken so far: 

1. We have gone ahead, verified our domain and added the TypeformSubmit, Typeform First interaction and Page view to the list of 8 events that will be tracked and prioritized.

2. We enabled a feature for our FB pixel users to add and verify  their subdomain to their account. (view Help center article)

We believed this would solve the problem but we are still getting the warning when setting up a conversion Add: 

CaaBDuoI_NMoRuYb7ceiW6Pcmot3xN4aGfqRRXsXcnB0YFNqJLSruBGWf7u4Xzg1jmkS41pX74LLGazd5NuxgVgdF6khQIkR9v9Fz5rzq_wktAFmYe38YGlw2t7S_pn4ZiIxS2_-

We opened a support case with Facebook to get further guidance on how to solve this issue. We are also exploring other possible solutions but we don’t have anything solid we can share with you yet. 

So how is this impacting you?

It’s important to note that Apple hasn’t released these privacy changes impacting iOS14 yet. The changes are expected to be released sometime this spring, but there is no confirmed date yet. You can still create conversion campaigns and ad-sets using custom conversions with Typeform Pixel events. We have tested with customers and confirmed that. 

If you are not able to see events or custom conversions. The events take time to show in Facebook Business Manager so you need to fill in the form a couple of times to fire the events and then wait until they show, same with conversions. This can take up to a couple of hours. 

However, if you still have issues and can’t set up your campaigns contact our support team through this page. Try and describe all the steps with as much detail as you can so we can understand where you are getting stuck and see if there’s a solution for your particular use case.

To help us understand your case faster and quicker you can use Loom, which is free, to send us a recording.

Thanks everyone for your sharing your info here. 

Badge +5

Hey, 

I just chatted with Typeform support and they directed me here. 

My question is why wouldn’t Typeform just allow us to host our Typeform pages on our own domains instead of just giving us the option to set up a subdomain on typeform.com? 

I would definitely prefer that. 
Thanks

Hey Jason. It’s not that we don’t allow you to host your own domain, we simply can’t offer that functionality yet. The product team tells me though that this is in the works and will be included in some future plans. 

This is a huge change, not something we can just simply turn on - I wish it was as easy as that!

“We enabled a feature for our FB pixel users to add and verify  their subdomain to their account. (view Help center article)”

Where is the link to the help article explaining how to do this?

Badge +5

Hi @Yeff , I believe the team has removed that article because that didn't do anything to solve the problem. We got some community members to implement this but FB requires you to verify typeform.com, which you can't do at this moment since it's a third party domain. 

I'll edit my response accordingly. I can retrieve that guide for you if needed but at this point in time in afraid it's useless. 

Hope that makes sense, sorry for the confusion. 

Hi @Gabriel,

has been any news? It’s very disappointing so far and we may need to look at typeform alternatives as we are not able to add the domain...

Thanks

Badge +5

Hi @Gabriel,

has been any news? It’s very disappointing so far and we may need to look at typeform alternatives as we are not able to add the domain...

Thanks

Hey Francesco, it’s indeed disappointing - it affects a good number of typeform creators and it’s out of our control. All we know so far is covered in my last update from 5 days ago.

We have reached out to Facebook and are hoping they shed light on this issue. As soon as we have news we’ll share them here. 

According to our tech team you should still be able to create your conversion campaigns.  

See below, hope this helps in the interim. 

So how is this impacting you?

It’s important to note that Apple hasn’t released these privacy changes impacting iOS14 yet. The changes are expected to be released sometime this spring, but there is no confirmed date yet. You can still create conversion campaigns and ad-sets using custom conversions with Typeform Pixel events. We have tested with customers and confirmed that. 

If you are not able to see events or custom conversions. The events take time to show in Facebook Business Manager so you need to fill in the form a couple of times to fire the events and then wait until they show, same with conversions. This can take up to a couple of hours. 

However, if you still have issues and can’t set up your campaigns contact our support team through this page. Try and describe all the steps with as much detail as you can so we can understand where you are getting stuck and see if there’s a solution for your particular use case.

Hi @Gabriel,

I am following on this as well and have been reading a lot about it 😅

Please confirm I got this is wright:

• by setting properly the facebook pixel is in fact possible to track events and therefore custom conversions
  • as of today is not yet possible to verify the domain and therefore setup the events in the “aggregate event measurement” panel

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello Lorenzo, 

This is Nordin from tech support. Regarding your questions:

• This is true: by setting properly the Facebook pixel is in fact possible to track events and therefore custom conversions
  • This is also true: as of today is not yet possible to verify the domain and therefore set up the events in the “aggregate event measurement” panel

We are working with Facebook support to find a solution. We will be sharing updates here and through our support tickets as soon as they are available. 

Userlevel 3

Have you guys thought of using server side tracking via Zapier? Then, you could send conversions each time someone filled in a Typeform. 

I haven’t test it but it might work without verifying a domain. Even after IO14 has rolled out and people have opt-out, Facebook is then still able to count conversions, Unfortunately, it isn’t able to use that specific conversion to optimize for better results but to see the actual conversion itself is a win on it’s own, right?