Answered

Matching fields between Typeform and Pipedrive

I try to connect Typeform to Pipedrive properly. I have some trouble with custom fields though. What is the right “field type” in Pipedrive to receive data from multiple choice answers? 

I tried text, large text and of course “multiple options”. But I always get the following error message. Thanks for help in advance!

David

“Oops! Pipedrive field types need to match the typeform questions you linked them to. For example, a deal value field should match a number question. The fields that don't match are:Intention. Please fix this to continue.”

icon

Best answer by Michaela 10 August 2021, 12:19

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @David_AWMT Welcome to the community!  At the moment, we only support Deal custom fields, and only some field types like “text”, “enum”, “monetary”, “numeric”. This means that we don’t currently support multiple choice fields. :sob:  Though, you could update the question to be a text field or use Zapier or Integromat to pass the data over for you. Would any of those options work for you? 

Hi Liz… Zapier worked out fine. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear, @David_AWMT ! Let us know if we can help answer anything else. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey everyone, hope you’re having a lovely August! :sunny:I cannot believe it took me so long to bump into this fun question!

I see that @David_AWMT has already solved the issue, awesome stuff :relaxed: I’d still like to show you how something along these lines can be achieved using Integromat by putting the in-built system of filters and functions to work :nerd:

Sooo, let’s say I have a bunch of Persons in Pipedrive and I have a typeform that is collecting information about everyone’s favorite ice cream. I want to connect Typeform and Pipedrive to take the gelato-related data and plop it to Pipedrive as a note to the Person :icecream: :shaved_ice: :ice_cream: I will be matching the replies to the Persons in Pipedrive by the means of email addresses.

In Integromat’s editor:

1. Select the ‘Watch Responses’ Typeform module (I would recommend going for the instant trigger, aka ‘the one with a lightning on it rather than the one with a clock on it) and

• connect your Typeform account to Integromat with a few clicks

• select the form you want to monitor 

YM5MBp64boU_BPVS6zcBt3yIo3TdatBPz6CEKilWLG8spTxMYWRGA-NNoJCNUFOppmdcR4o-FSAQoThPpR7l7VyNPvyObl1Xe7weUuKxYBwxN4osBVC6U1UX79LczSY_9AKjuGcm

1. Add the ‘List Persons’ Pipedrive module so that Integromat can access all the Persons you have in the CRM and
  • create a connection between your Pipedrive account and Integromat (there is a link to some help docs in case you need them)

• in this module, you can filter the Persons based on when they were last contacted, whether they have any open deals in the pipeline, the owner of the person etc. (you can totally skip this too, though)

H3Yd0KZZXoNgVFkc3OcuhWya3-xp6OaN0j3u7Z5vmkMzeDxArUCLkU_87qh-YmS9Lft3caGVpIsqWgnq5415UBdSTGC0azBDWm6TX2boLRF63wUF25B89ypLrVNFLb9bIDq9dFpN

• right-click on the ‘List Persons’ module and select ‘Run this module only’; thanks to that, you’ll get access to all the info about the Persons stored in Pipedrive

m6MGpPZ780yPA1nquQDTHmgBzet9OjKD5qm_xpsPapdavC9YAnR612v5qfslsqb9q5zGLTTwu7Q-TgqY-y7Cs2AY6cE2T3NaOlLeuhWY1qKd6FjhB6Ee_CLJK0gzsKyxKTGuHeyS

(a side note) after the module has run, you can see the output when clocking the little bubble on the right to the module; if you scroll a little, you can see the ‘email’ array for every person

XRvGMuALL9knkr4eUbBkHFBJBfkemVa9DgJBM3609FagxK6fjpSyTYL8QViXOZE768yiufWNFHaiEdYufWY9G6v5JkJhOHw2DiTO5irH-2T8bqfD5lJaxFFndkrgDzFqFJ5VA3Vl

1. Add the ‘Create a Note’ Pipedrive module and
  • add your Pipedrive <> Integromat connection

• map the content of the note from the ‘Watch Responses’ Typeform module 

• map the Person ID from the ‘List Persons’ Pipedrive module

JkHUZyXJN2tVR9-BYuhllDlTFMDT1Vhu_em4eDG8bPeb7HC-TEz6e6mB4eucC6CFoQAl3GzjWIl0dsOQR5pToXVhxd1aXXOXGYos7WkDhOF_adUHe9by4Uw6UCG6l5B12aOzmtJH

bKc-Fxb6eexHTJPc1xOS3Upumx0AFReUcyQ5fBU0zbUtzK4fEY0bx_y6DktpIa0rEln7cc-QnGF7Y34uOBAA28xV2wr3hqxwUF_ej1zoE_3ExZaxakjUz_MJSr3lJ4_Eba_Dz_p6

xsCu4yKi-IbWq_O3w28KhN5APUOiQl1u7wfynheKzIP6p6gvNOVgZ5femg7M7L_4C1qKd4C4rUuToLZx-lhmotwTAhvNEpWIk43kvmSwsy8DUQBjxVzfhAhbM7lxVYzK6Bd3rC2E

1. Finally, you need to set up a filter so that only the data with the matching email address come through. 
  • click on the wrench symbol on the dotted line between the two Pipedrive modules

• label your filter and set the condition 

• to be all geeky, let me point out that I am using the in-built ‘map’ function here to extract a value (a specific email) from an array of collections (names, emails, IDs)

• the condition: if the email value equals the mappable answer to ‘What’s your email address?’ → send the data through

• it’s important to use an Array operator to set up the filter so that it works the way it’s supposed to

• my personal recommendation is to go for the ‘case insensitive’ version of the operator to avoid the pain lower case letters vs capital letters can sometimes bring 

VmwK5eGrQle92_MvlwAtlF9z1gAQnVRsnMsokhz3l9fdpK3aLLnBR8MzDnN1lf7xLzH_EEjLvKcP_NlXv9vnUe68x0zHnGeC7VxGHH4m07ijtvd3EAg_jwQ_LlYugTp6IIfAMbD7

iCuDQ3scV6An_Va2gVE_B5P9kxnxdlQey3s6ZczeBgv5av5cwGBm-qH8LgMhCYyFtm1wUFHN2NlSI8UDF9_fI9GETFtJrCqkknGE2-AtfXvCg0bHTeye_ylJOuVCauRkVo1Zn_dAI’ll turn on the scenario, fill out the typeform and see if everything works the way I want it to

I’ll then move over to my Pipedrive account to see that John Doe’s ice cream of choice sure is chocolate (the other two options were vanilla and smurf, just to give you all the info :sweat_smile: )

This is, of course, a very specific use case. To see what all the options are when connecting these two awesome services with Integromat, you can check out the integration pages of both Typeform and Pipedrive

Have a great day, everyone!

https://media.giphy.com/media/RPSXdpgvKh7d3FOvFo/giphy.gif

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela - thanks so much for that.. that looks amazingly cool!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

thanks, @Michaela !!

Hi Liz… Zapier worked out fine. Thanks.

Could you share how you did this in Zapier? I have a similar issue getting a mulitiple choice selection question into pipedrive. Hoping Zapier can be an easier solution that what I see written using Itegromat, esp. since we have a Zapier account already. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@David_AWMT Would you mind sharing your Zapier setup? I’m sure @Robb would appreciate it! :grin:

Hi there, i have the same problem then @David_AWMT.
I have a question that is a multiple choice and i can´t connect it to Pipedrive.

It always says:

Oops! Pipedrive field types need to match the typeform questions you linked them to. For example, a deal value field should match a number question. The fields that don't match are:Mensagem. Please fix this to continue.

I dont want to use Zapier or Integromat because Typeform have the integration wih Pipedrive
How can i solve this?
Please dont tell me to change the question 😅 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mark_Evo Usually this error occurs when the field you’re trying to map to in Pipedrive isn’t the same field type. So, if you’re connecting a multiple choice question in Typeform, the field in Pipedrive also needs to be multiple choice, too. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Liz I’m having the same problem and have triple checked that everything is the same. Both are multiple choice options, both have the exact same fields and both have the exact same options with spelling, capital letters...etc everything. I also think it’s a bit silly to integrate with zapier or any other provider as the reason I chose typeform was that it had an integration with pipedrive (otherwise i would’ve used normal web forms)

Please let us know how to fix this issue, as I’ve seen in a few articles it’s saying you can connect multiple choice questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@The Wellness Workshop - you can also raise a help ticket with Typeform Support, the official support team. That way you will have two vectors for support. 

des

I managed to solve the problem, but it is not the best way.

The "list person" function has a contact mapping limit.

I needed to set this limit to 9999 so that it can scan all my contacts.

I also had to put the filter as "textual" and put it as "equals to" for it to work...

did anyone get a better solution?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi everyone! I came across a solution to the problem completely by mistake. When you’re initially setting up your question, set it up as a single choice question. Continue on to the normal steps to integrate Pipedrive and Typeform, then hit Publish. Once you’ve published, go back to your Typeform questions, and change the single choice question to “multiple choice”. Then hit publish again and it will integrate multiple responses to Pipedrive. I’ve done this for 8 forms and it’s worked every time! It’s also a lot more time effective than some of the answers above, and doesn’t cost anything additional (Zapier does).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Wellness Workshop Thanks for sharing that! I appreciate it!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello, with Typeform’s new changes and updates, the original work-around (Look up my solution in this thread) I found for multiple choice questions is no longer working. This is incredibly frustrating as we have questions with 20 choices which some clients select all 20 and we’re manually having to go into Pipedrive and add them all in because it’s not syncing with Typeform. It is definitely not because the question types are different...etc. Everything is set up correctly. When will the beta testing be over?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Wellness Workshop Could you share a screenshot of your setup with the integration in Typeform and the question type that isn’t working in the builder? Specifically, we need to see the settings for the multiple choice question and the integration settings for it in Pipedrive. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Liz the settings are exactly as they were before, exactly the same options, multi-choice on both ends...etc. This was working fine (I have other forms still working) but since all the Typeform updates, this form has stopped working because I went in and demonstrated to another user how to do my workaround - see my workaround below from last year, and when I toggled off multi-choice, then toggled back on multi-choice (to show them what to do) and republished it, it stopped working.

(Hi everyone! I came across a solution to the problem completely by mistake. When you’re initially setting up your question, set it up as a single choice question. Continue on to the normal steps to integrate Pipedrive and Typeform, then hit Publish. Once you’ve published, go back to your Typeform questions, and change the single choice question to “multiple choice”. Then hit publish again and it will integrate multiple responses to Pipedrive. I’ve done this for 8 forms and it’s worked every time! It’s also a lot more time effective than some of the answers above, and doesn’t cost anything additional (Zapier does).) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Here is a video showing all setup with a test form with only 3 options: https://www.loom.com/share/1528eded07164044ace33084b13bb493

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, it looks like you’re setting up the integration in Pipedrive. Can I have you try setting it up in Typeform like this to see if that solves the issue? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Liz, your reply doesn’t make any sense as I am setting it up in Typeform (You can’t set it up in Pipedrive). Did you watch the video I linked? The screenshots are simply to demonstrate that the settings are all correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Wellness Workshop Ah, no, I didn’t see the video before - thank you! When looking at the video, your multiple choice options in the Typeform don’t match the ones in Pipedrive. In order to connect, those need to be exactly the same. 

If you’ve updated the form since with the exact same options and it still isn’t working, definitely contact our support team here, as they can log into your account and take a closer look at those options for you. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Liz I don’t mean to sound rude, but the replies I’m reading from you are incredibly frustrating. The options are exactly the same. Can you point out specifically what is not the same from what you are seeing? I’ve contacted the support team and they are NOW saying you can’t connect a Multiple choice question anymore which is incredibly frustrating given this was the major reason I purchased a typeform subscription. Their solution is “use a single choice” which really doesn’t solve the problem given our clients purchase multiple products.