Answered

How to delay the videoask script on my website

• 20 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a videoask on my website, but I would like it to appear after a few seconds on the web. Can this be controlled from the script somehow? Does anyone know a bit of programming or if this is possible. It is that what I do not want is that it loads immediately when a user accesses the web

icon

Best answer by Grace 21 April 2022, 08:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @jdavidcanovas welcome to the community!

Is your videoask embedded as a widget or an iframe embed? 

We have an Advanced Embed Options page on the Help Center which has some tips for customizing embeds, and there’s an example of how to delay the widget in the Code Snippet Library, here’s the code you can use:

<script src="https://www.videoask.com/embed/embed.js"></script>

<script>

var myFunc = function() {

window.videoask.loadEmbed({

"kind": "widget",

"url": "https://www.videoask.com/f2e686p74",

"options": {

"widgetType": "VideoThumbnailExtraLarge",

"text": "Talk to me",

"backgroundColor": "#FF3C4C",

"position": "bottom-right"

}

})

}

window.onload = function() {

setTimeout(myFunc, 3000);

console.log("loaded");

}

</script>

You’ll need to swap the videoask URL in the code so it’s displaying your videoask rather than the example one we have here.

Hopefully that’s what you’re looking for, but if not let us know and maybe some other creators have set up something similar! 😊

Userlevel 2

It's just what I needed. I have adapted it with my corporate colors and the title text and now it appears on the web after a few seconds. I love it!
Thank you very much Grace!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know @jdavidcanovas and feel free to share your website here so we can take a look at your videoask in action! 😁

Userlevel 2

Yes, or course. My website is Jdavidcanovas.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That works so well! Love how you’ve stylised the videoask and used the calendar feature, thanks so much for sharing 😊

Yes, or course. My website is Jdavidcanovas.com

Hey @jdavidcanovas quick question..how did you get the VideoAsk to go from..

Video-→ button → Calendly embed

I can’t seem to do that unless it’s 

Video -→ button -→ video -→ Calendly embed

Is it mostly done with code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Jackie Muscat I replied to your original question/thread, in case you missed it 🙂

Also, you may want to double check that you don’t have the ‘delay interaction’ setting enabled. More information on that here.

Let me know if you have any questions!