Answered

unique link

• 10 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Is it possible to sent an unique link to a client because our questionnaire is only for that client on that moment. Otherwise the questionnaire will be accessible to people for which is not intended

Hope to hear from you

icon

Best answer by olas 13 August 2022, 09:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @cees! Welcome to the Typeform Community! 👋🏼

I believe it'd be better to use Hidden Fields and then combine Logic and hidden fields? I gotta say that this is not totally secure though, it would be better to embed the typeform behind a login on your site really. 

Hope it helps. Wishing you a great day! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yo se como hacerlo- He comunicado a Typeform que tengo la solución a este problema pero no me escuchan.

Gracias, If you have the solution please let me know

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@cees - one way you could do this is to use a hidden field in your typeform and adding the hidden field to the url string. then have logic in the typeform check to see if the hidden variable being passed in matches up to something that is specific to the client that is allowed to see the screen 

i created an example that has the following: 

• the typeform has a hidden variable called email 
  • the email string sends the link to the form with the #email=xxxxx string attached where the xxxxx is replaced by the email of the user
  • logic in this example checks to see if the email variable ‘contains’ a specific string 
  • if it does the user goes into the questions - i have only one in here 
  • if it does NOT contain the string then it goes to a statement question in the form and from there to an ending page that says ‘ you don’t work here’ 

if you use the link as is, it should default to kicking you out as the link contains 

https://desborough.typeform.com/to/f9NEadn5#email=xxxxx 

change the email to contain “crazybits” with out the “ “ and see what happens. 

so my premise in this case is that anyone coming into the form with the email address of the company “crazybits.com” or some other variation would be allowed in. anyone from another domain would not be allowed in

if you wanted to use a different identifier you could change the hidden variable name in the form and the #email=xxxxx to #whateveryoucalledthehiddenvariable=xxxxx and replace the x’s with a character string of your choice. 

just a thought.. 

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Gracias, If you have the solution please let me know

It is a solution that involves Typeform making a small development. For now I think it is not possible for a person to answer a form only once, or if there is, it is too complex for most users.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@cees - one way you could do this is to use a hidden field in your typeform and adding the hidden field to the url string. then have logic in the typeform check to see if the hidden variable being passed in matches up to something that is specific to the client that is allowed to see the screen 

i created an example that has the following: 

• the typeform has a hidden variable called email 
  • the email string sends the link to the form with the #email=xxxxx string attached where the xxxxx is replaced by the email of the user
  • logic in this example checks to see if the email variable ‘contains’ a specific string 
  • if it does the user goes into the questions - i have only one in here 
  • if it does NOT contain the string then it goes to a statement question in the form and from there to an ending page that says ‘ you don’t work here’ 

if you use the link as is, it should default to kicking you out as the link contains 

https://desborough.typeform.com/to/f9NEadn5#email=xxxxx 

change the email to contain “crazybits” with out the “ “ and see what happens. 

so my premise in this case is that anyone coming into the form with the email address of the company “crazybits.com” or some other variation would be allowed in. anyone from another domain would not be allowed in

if you wanted to use a different identifier you could change the hidden variable name in the form and the #email=xxxxx to #whateveryoucalledthehiddenvariable=xxxxx and replace the x’s with a character string of your choice. 

just a thought.. 

des

Esta solución implica que conocemos el email del destinatario y eso no siempre es viable. Es compleja y no soluciona el problema real. Yo quisiera que algún desarrollador de Typeform escuchara mi propuesta para que solo las personas autorizadas, desde la creación del mismo formulario, puedan responder. Por ejemplo, si hay una encuesta a mis empleados o clientes, solo ellos y nadie mas pueda responder.

¿Sera que puedo tener una video conferencia con ellos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@olas - the language of the Community is English, so my response is in English. 

If you have a solution, which it appears you might, then I would suggest finding out the touchpoint inside Typeform to contact. Find the details on their website, or in LinkedIn and figure out how to reach the product people with your proposal. 

or contact the Typeform Support team through this link here

or create the solution using the SDK/APIs and market it as an add-on to Typeform??