How to share and embed your videoask, in mobile format only?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello everyone, 
I've been working with VideoAsk for a while now, and I'm using it to allow me to redirect a target of young people to our association website. 

Currently, 90% of our users are on mobile, so I would like to be able to share these videos and integrate them only in mobile version on my tools and presentations.

Is there a solution that would guarantee me to share it only in this format, even when the video is played on a computer ?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MaVoie welcome to the community! 😁

You can force the mobile view for a videoask iframe embed by adjusting the width in the code.

Once you’ve created the videoask, go to the Share & Embed tab where you would normally copy the code and there you’ll see the width defaults to 100%, if you change this to a numerical value less than 1024 pixels it should force the embed to always appear as it does in mobile view, where the answer type appears over the video, rather than side by side. 

There’s some more info here on adjusting the layout of embedded videoasks, let me know if this works for you, or if you have any other question! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you Grace for your answer and your speed!

However, my problem is not solved, I want to share the video via a URL link. A link that gives only a mobile format playback, either on computer or phone. 

For example, I work with Canva and I integrate my VideoAsk on my presentations. Canva asks for a URL, and when I give the link of VideoAsk, the format does not suit me and does not correspond to the use I have with our youth... 

What can I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MaVoie 

You could try adding the parameter ?fullscreen to the end of your videoask URL, this will force it to appear in full screen mode with the answer type/buttons over the video, rather than side by side with video and answer type.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks again Grace and nice try!

But I think I misspoke... I would like a moving view format. Let me explain, the format I am talking about is the rectangular format on which the questions appear directly on it. I would like my VideoAsk links to give a view only on this format, not the full screen format.

Here is an illustrated example

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MaVoie gotcha, and specifically you’re embedding with Canva which asks for a URL link for embeds? 

Let me do some digging to see if there’s a workaround for this kind of embed...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Great!!! Thank you for not letting us down Grace

Yes, for example with canva, but it could be useful for layout or for demonstration to our backers. In fact we need to be close to the reality of our users :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MaVoie 

Just been doing some testing in Canva, if you add the parameter ?fullscreen to the end of the URL it will embed the videoask with the buttons appearing over the video like this:

Because Canva uses the URL to embed it, it’s not possible to adjust the dimensions of the videoask, it might be worth reaching out to Canva to see if there is a way to change it, I had a quick look on their help center and it seems like this is the main way to embed, but I wonder if they have any other options 🤔

Are there any other website builders/landing pages you’re using? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Hey @MaVoie 

Just been doing some testing in Canva, if you add the parameter ?fullscreen to the end of the URL it will embed the videoask with the buttons appearing over the video like this:

Because Canva uses the URL to embed it, it’s not possible to adjust the dimensions of the videoask, it might be worth reaching out to Canva to see if there is a way to change it, I had a quick look on their help center and it seems like this is the main way to embed, but I wonder if they have any other options 🤔

Are there any other website builders/landing pages you’re using? 

In my opinion, that’s on videoask side and not Canva.
We want you to be able to give a url that has a mobile resolution, and not a fullscreen, and not a desktop one.
Because the result is not looking good at all.

It used to worked perfectly before, the mobile embed on Canva. Videoask has been changing something and not it looks really poor..

So how do we solve this ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @MaVoie 

You could try adding the parameter ?fullscreen to the end of your videoask URL, this will force it to appear in full screen mode with the answer type/buttons over the video, rather than side by side with video and answer type.

So how do you add EXACTLY this parameter but for mobile resolution ?

That is totally what we are intending to do ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MaVoie I know the team were looking into an integration with Canva, but I believe there were some blockers. I’m just finding out if there are any plans to add it to the roadmap this year and will let you know. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Grace,

I have contacted Canva, I am waiting for their answer. I don't understand why it used to work well, and now it doesn't... Didn't you do an update regarding the integration of videos a while ago?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MaVoie 

Thanks for the update, let us know what Canva says 🤞

I’ve been chatting to the VideoAsk product team and although they were exploring a possible integration with Canva nothing was released, if changes have been made to the way the embed looks it could be a change Canva have made with their embed provider.