Answered

Publish a form via API

• 14 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I want to publish a form via API. Any suggestions ?

If I create a form via API , I see in the response the _link.display and the published_at fields are set, so I have a feeling, that on-create, the form is published automatically. However in the UI editor for the form, the “Publish” button is enabled :).

If I do various changes via API (PUT) like updating some variables, when I get via API the form details, the publish_at still has the old value.

Thanks,

Adrian

icon

Best answer by mathio 16 February 2024, 11:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio might be able to help you with this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Liz and @AdrianM 

I am not sure how this works as this is not my domain. However we have recently launched a Typeform Developer AI that might be able to help us 🤔

So let’s ask it 🙃

How can I publish a form via API

Based on the information provided in the extracts, it's not explicitly mentioned how to publish a form via the Typeform API. However, it's important to note that any changes made via the API will not be reflected in the Create panel if there is an unpublished draft in the builder. If this is the case, you can click the Publish button in the builder—this will overwrite any previous changes you’ve tried to make with the API. You’ll then be able to make another API call with the updates you want on your form (source).

Also, the forms endpoint returns the latest published form definition of your typeform. Once you publish your typeform, you should see the response as you expect (source).

If you need further details, maybe @picsoung might be able to help.