How to turn Google Docs + Google Forms into typeforms

• 21 October 2021
  • 39 replies
How to turn Google Docs + Google Forms into typeforms
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

If you have an existing form in Google Docs or Google Forms, you can now import them into Typeform! Take a peek at the video below to get started: 

1. If you’re importing from Google Docs, make sure you have the questions formatted properly so our system can read them. You can view a template with examples here
  2. Next, when creating a new form, choose the option, “Import Form.”
  1. Then, choose either Google Docs or Google Forms and click “Run.”
  1. Now you’ll want to authenticate your account, which gives us access to your Google Form or Google Sheet. Once you do this, you can choose the file you want to import from. 

1. And voila! You’ll see a link to your handy new form with all the questions you’ve created!

If you encounter any issues setting this up or simply have feedback about the feature, let us know in the comments below. 

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - yay!

That’s great! Is there a way to include images and logic in the Google Docs file and import it into Typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lctgomes It isn’t possible to import with images, but I can share this feedback to the integrations team. Let me know if you think of any other questions!

Hi @Liz ! Thanks for the reply. I suppose it wouldn’t be possible to import with Logic either… would it? That’d be a great feature as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lctgomes Sadly, that isn’t possible either, but our article here will walk you through what the importer does support! 

Is it possible to import a Google Forms into an existing survey?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JHFM It’s only possible to start a new form from a Google Form. If you have any other questions, let us know!

I can’t access to the google doc model

“acces is denied” even if I’m connected with the right e-mail account 

thanks for you help

Hélène 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hdecourteix If your account is managed by a company, you may need to talk to them to adjust your account access to features of Google. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi there. I can’t access the Google Docs Importer.

It says “You can’t access” Not sure what I need to do to get access? 

Please would someone give me a clue or a signpost?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @barriebramley I asked our tech team about this, and they said they can investigate further if you don’t mind opening up a ticket here, including a copy of the doc you want to upload. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks Liz I’ll do that

BB

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@barriebramley Our support team let me know that there was an old link when you try to open the files the Apps/Integrations panel. They have a request open to fix this, but in the meantime, hopefully the new link worked for you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yes it worked perfectly. Thank you Liz for following up. Appreciate it

BB

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it, @barriebramley !

Userlevel 1

The Docs example template link in this article is inaccessable. You’ve set it up to require a specific Gmail account not just open to the public.

Here’s the correct link to get the template: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pAdLxhyuVC8MAfEuebKCaXirBUpUmgTkoGDQ0I5e-LE

Hopefully you’ll fix the link in the main article so readers can find the template 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ll let our Help Center know, @eturk . Thank you!

I’m very excited about this feature! However when I follow this tutorial using the recommended template, my generated form is totally blank (see screenshot).

Would you mind helping with this? Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @aspiring_form_wizard Do you mind sharing a screenshot of how your Google Doc/Form is setup? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I used this process to successfully create a Typeform out of my Google Form - worked like a charm!

However, I just noticed that the Typeform is pulling some meta data from the Google Form. Specifically, when I share a link to the Typeform via Slack, the preview of the link includes meta data from the Google Form (see screenshot below). How do I remove this meta data? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lindsay_moonspin Happy Monday! Our article here will walk you through how to edit the meta data. 😀

Hi! I´m getting several errors when trying to import questions form Google Forms. It says:

Error #1. Description: should NOT be longer than 255 characters | Field: /fields/17/properties/choices/2/label |
Error #2. Description: should NOT be longer than 255 characters | Field: /fields/17/properties/choices/3/label |
Error #3. Description: should NOT be longer than 255 characters | Field: /fields/33/properties/choices/2/label |
Error #4. Description: should NOT be longer than 255 characters | Field: /fields/33/properties/choices/3/label |

BUT, I´m reviewing and I don´t have any answers with more than 255 characters, could you please help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @linasofiag Do you mind sharing a link to the Google Form and/or a screenshot of those questions so I can take a peek? 

Hi @linasofiag Do you mind sharing a link to the Google Form and/or a screenshot of those questions so I can take a peek? 

https://forms.gle/kyiV6iDtwfYEZhBf8

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @linasofiag ! I went through the form and I don’t see anything longer than 255 characters, either. Let me check with our tech team to see if I’m missing something!