It's here! Our contact info question is now available šŸŽ‰

• 12 September 2022
  • 40 replies
It's here! Our contact info question is now available šŸŽ‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Before I begin to tell you about this new feature, I think this one deserves a drum roll. Without further adoā€¦.

Ā 

drumroll

Ā 

Our contact info question is now available!
Ā 

Many (many!) of you have been waiting for this feature, and you can all sleep well at night knowing that itā€™s possible to ask for contact information in the same question.Ā 

Ā 

This feature doesnā€™t need much explaining, so Iā€™ll dive right into explaining how to add this block to your form in the video below:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

To use this question:Ā 

Ā 

1. Search or select the question by clicking the + button on the upper left corner of the builder.Ā 

m46T3hJgJNIRTrwMIMbc-s8mq1i57-qTmE9DFqqsnrwOX6A04LlrtYdF9z7dTd4x2WmWgeJImrAHs-KmREDkOkpYoRs68uzCVWJ6WPEIYD-rdoI53JS4Lf37pHUoDypMV7XCpTLT0R2Lxo2cqx7MQwc0Q_142tAMd8g8PofNfoRfCOkyFcfmNs7HMQ
Ā 

1. Next, choose which questions you would like to appear and which youā€™d like to be marked required.
    Ā 

MZ8APVfH9Ffp5rra7wOOigbMJKSVauyXX4qOyPBcPkzMzI-W78SmD0kDnkGBGtqcEHGJPzTHSXb4MO33kPV0bBpJD5biirPYRIZ453U9J1QFpKGTLW9v3n1xsO4dUA-NO_DDO_wm5qOGpVKdYKgfXqfC_4LiYNcnSNd8HpEqLMpcbsYDmVz2T0INJg

Ā 

1. Finally, be sure to publish your typeform so the changes are live!

Ā 

WImlB5DTTSD-KcMGxescYNKV-wqAlJp24pBUVQZmlQ7z2XzkdSNQhEIg8ioNXOf1phgiLWsW0sZ3EPHvfWyF5xWNHlyal7oabQjFJtMZzjX0BKz9jVUemQxgNS35NwFzVQBa7pMiRMSA8NioUiGEu9N7ptTM2jRdPrrTpxm97rfS_wgzVRLnXWE1Ww

Learn more about this block and the other question types available in our Help Center article here.Ā 

Ā 

As always, let us know how you use this field on your forms and if you have any feedback.Ā 

Ā 

40 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you for this feature! but I do just want to add to the others above in pushing for an Address solution šŸ™šŸ¼

This is great but to be honest it hasnā€™t been an issue at all for me asking people for their name, email or company name with Typeform to date - itā€™sĀ easy, people answer accurately and typeform already hasĀ email and phone number format verification etc.Ā Also not all ā€˜contactā€™ info is always relevant or relevant in one go,Ā so Iā€™d prefer to separate it out anyway, and skip questions for certain users.

However, asking for an Address is a real pain, because once you realise you need to obtain an address you must ask them line by line over several questionsĀ (the public simply cannot be trusted to format a paragraph answer correctly)Ā and the requirements and language used oftenĀ differs from countries too. For example in Ireland we donā€™t have ā€˜Statesā€™ we have Counties, etc, so in order to get data that I can parse correctly in other tools Iā€™ve had toĀ create multiple address paths asking people for their country first.

(P.s. Shopifyā€™s checkout has greatĀ country relevant address fields, so I highly recommend the product team go and borrow those)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @guybĀ Our product team is working on an address field as we type!Ā šŸ˜€ No timeline yet for that release, but keep your eyes peeled on the community for an announcement when it is ready.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ZapsĀ The contact block information is sent through the API. Is there a certain piece of information or formatting youā€™re looking for in particular?Ā šŸ˜€

Userlevel 1
Badge

@LizĀ I didnā€™t see any reference onĀ how to handle the new contact question in the API documentation. It seems that the contact info question is utilizing existing answer typesĀ andĀ splitting the information into multiple items. So on submit it ignores any Block Reference you have set in the form and creates itā€™s own reference for each field. I need the block reference set for my app otherwise I canā€™t reference the information. I would expect the contact info information to be passed as one item in an array.

Userlevel 1

We had started evaluating other forms, as collectingĀ the contact info was so tedious with Typeform. This is a game changer and we will continue to use Typeform. So happy to see this new feature! Now if only we could get an ā€œAddressā€ blockā€¦.

Hi again,Ā @PaawanĀ ! Our product team just let me know theyĀ areĀ working on an address block as we speak! Keep your eyes peeled on the community for updates on this feature.Ā šŸ˜€

Ā 

We work with address data all the time, and an address block would be SO helpful! (Itā€™s been hard to maintain quality of data when people can only see one address-related question at a time). So excited to see this! *if* there could be some sort of lookup/validation to an address database that autofills the rest of the address, like when you enter an address at online checkoutā€¦Ā that would be SO good.

Userlevel 1

Before I begin to tell you about this new feature, I think this one deserves a drum roll. Without further adoā€¦.

Ā 

drumroll

Ā 

Our contact info question is now available!
Ā 

Many (many!) of you have been waiting for this feature, and you can all sleep well at night knowing that itā€™s possible to ask for contact information in the same question.Ā 

Ā 

This feature doesnā€™t need much explaining, so Iā€™ll dive right into explaining how to add this block to your form in the video below:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

To use this question:Ā 

Ā 

1. Search or select the question by clicking the + button on the upper left corner of the builder.Ā 

m46T3hJgJNIRTrwMIMbc-s8mq1i57-qTmE9DFqqsnrwOX6A04LlrtYdF9z7dTd4x2WmWgeJImrAHs-KmREDkOkpYoRs68uzCVWJ6WPEIYD-rdoI53JS4Lf37pHUoDypMV7XCpTLT0R2Lxo2cqx7MQwc0Q_142tAMd8g8PofNfoRfCOkyFcfmNs7HMQ
Ā 

1. Next, choose which questions you would like to appear and which youā€™d like to be marked required.
    Ā 

MZ8APVfH9Ffp5rra7wOOigbMJKSVauyXX4qOyPBcPkzMzI-W78SmD0kDnkGBGtqcEHGJPzTHSXb4MO33kPV0bBpJD5biirPYRIZ453U9J1QFpKGTLW9v3n1xsO4dUA-NO_DDO_wm5qOGpVKdYKgfXqfC_4LiYNcnSNd8HpEqLMpcbsYDmVz2T0INJg

Ā 

1. Finally, be sure to publish your typeform so the changes are live!

Ā 

WImlB5DTTSD-KcMGxescYNKV-wqAlJp24pBUVQZmlQ7z2XzkdSNQhEIg8ioNXOf1phgiLWsW0sZ3EPHvfWyF5xWNHlyal7oabQjFJtMZzjX0BKz9jVUemQxgNS35NwFzVQBa7pMiRMSA8NioUiGEu9N7ptTM2jRdPrrTpxm97rfS_wgzVRLnXWE1Ww

Learn more about this block and the other question types available in our Help Center article here.Ā 

Ā 

As always, let us know how you use this field on your forms and if you have any feedback.Ā 

Ā 

I am so, so happy to see this! Thank you Typeform team! Iā€™m curious if anyone else has tried integrating this via Zapier yet and had success- my Zaps are only reading questionĀ this as one response, and Iā€™m not able to generate records within Salesforce. Canā€™t seem to get it to parse out the name from phone number/email- hoping someone else has come up with a solution! Iā€™m so happy to see this formatting change- it feels way less tedious. Just gotta get the automation up to speed with the format change.

Great addition, can the API documentation for Create Form be updated to show how to create a form with Contact Info question? Perhaps an addition in examples section?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Itā€™s already in the backlog, @StaffAnyĀ !Ā šŸ˜€

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any updates on this?Ā 

@LizĀ I didnā€™t see any reference onĀ how to handle the new contact question in the API documentation. It seems that the contact info question is utilizing existing answer typesĀ andĀ splitting the information into multiple items. So on submit it ignores any Block Reference you have set in the form and creates itā€™s own reference for each field. I need the block reference set for my app otherwise I canā€™t reference the information. I would expect the contact info information to be passed as one item in an array.

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ZapsĀ Not yet, but any updates will be posted here when theyā€™re available.Ā šŸ˜€

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@zoeshankĀ - i think the field level requirement exists (see the image below - the ā€˜asterisksā€™ on the right side) but not at the question level

if you make one of the fields (at minimum) required, the question becomes ā€˜requiredā€™

Ā 

I must admit this was super intuitive! Thankfully I found it thanks to this discussion.Ā 

I might be biased, but this community is a huge asset.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it, @GabolinoĀ !Ā šŸ˜€

Why is the contact form not editable to be able to add more fields? Iā€™d like to have ā€œTitleā€ within the contact form instead of making it itā€™s own questionĀ šŸ˜

Why is the contact form not editable to be able to add more fields? Iā€™d like to have ā€œTitleā€ within the contact form instead of making it itā€™s own questionĀ šŸ˜

I had the same question, have you been able to find the answer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LJ972Ā and @lohabermanĀ You can follow the post below for updates on adding this feature:Ā 

Ā