Meet Typeform's new Calendly app 🗓️

• 23 September 2021
  • 26 replies
Meet Typeform's new Calendly app 🗓️
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Hi, it’s Liz and we’re excited to introduce….

Drumroll please….

Our new Calendly app! You’ve all been asking, and it’s finally here! Calendly is our first in-app integration, which you can add directly into your form as you build it. Now you can ask all the questions you like and have your respondents set up an appointment with you directly within your Typeform, via Calendly's appointment scheduling platform. 

So now there's no need to send people to another web page or redirect them outside of your form to schedule a call or virtual meeting! 

Wondering what an in-app integration is? Instead of heading to the “Connect” panel, you can add your Calendly event into the form just as you would any other question. 

mxEFUCfykRld0TcXeyQMzz5EN9dL7pqCLxDUeLsHtHoggE3MhTQ7ImvX1gzGYRwYBYCzSxAxxGQBNMV_7lPHxlxO8ToHF6jtq8G18ceiD0f5ROngEl0kujBlWrbgZquMfaWGfDct=s0

How to add the Calendly app to a typeform

To add a Calendly event to your form: 

1. Click the + button in the form builder and scroll down to “Appointments.”

2. Next, authenticate the integration by connecting to your Calendly account. 

3. Then, select the event type you’d like to add to your form and choose whether or not you’d like to show the event intro. The event intro is the description of your event usually shown on the left-hand side of your Calendly link when accessed directly.

vq-ecxALxCvd9YIf-hpqUZEC9BNXhv0GJ--7ADneErBePxykjfz8bwDwYeslq-AYaUujexrGWPhFEfsNdzrQmzvL_7M8T7dFJzajqJ2r5_w54JwbX-uQxIc3tJQaYSFyrqYxg7UM=s0

1. You can then recall information you’ve already asked in the form to auto-populate into the fields you have in Calendly by adjusting the settings shown below: 

1. And voila! You’ve added your Calendly event to your Typeform. 

Watch a demo in the video below to see how you can add your Calendly events into your existing Typeforms.

3 ideas for using the Calendly app đź’ˇ

There are loads of things you could do with this Calendly integration such as:

Lead qualification

Create a personality quiz template to narrow down whether or not your leads are qualified, and if they are, send them your Calendly link to chat with you. 

fHzm6M9nhbd8tEOGQYd4QprDHzE39-xr7SuDQhCFXXevzN7ivv0NHUB8jZFc1or8bBBIqGS1PTbKhZmQpPW891FenHHeCURAu24jkfygVy2UOa6_M63ImuLtuzwPDbr4wzUCnT52=s0

New client intake + appointment

Gather all the information you need about a new client and have them schedule their first call with you all in the same form.

JNxmMZJ3j0n1CRIlfep9BiMXuqOj3yTAPvbl3M4nduN8BOM5cLmtT0egpXzMvpHL_Ma1EKiS_RYj11hIYYysy7NvaApimfxhqc60ZOZW6JDezNZCPOSvk9vxujccDHENxYhlXeLw=s0

Product feedback sessions

Ask your respondents for feedback on your product or service in your Typeform. You can use logic jumps to show your Calendly schedule to those who rate you in a particular way and schedule information sessions with them. 

5XnNx2Un0hSHnDp0DWXMk7zKInm0ZO15t4irxR72-PuQasOLPRbxXSZMg53REp2zKQq2aWpTWyBQRCjQqdRAoBVXfer7SSU3LWibenz2ywwTZ25FpMVuGq6iUG5ji92TLC3wwkgN=s0

Find out more by visiting the Help Center or ask any questions below. Happy form building!

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - doing the dance of joy here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough same!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/F9hQLAVhWnL56/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n1jmjantwmphs0pzo1i6aec0213ohd7grc903tuz&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Badge +5

This addition to the family should make life easier for a good amount of people! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you @Liz for this amazing update! This comes just one week before we launch a huge project with a four languages forms structure using the redirect on completion function to send people to Calendly. I can’t stress enough how this will simplify things for all involved!:heart_eyes:

Question: Is there plans for the future for populate fields in Calendly from what we already have asked in the form, like name and email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

What an exciting update, @Liz! This is certainly a super helpful feature. I love that you guys are always trying to make the life of the users easier. Much appreciated by all of us :pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo That is a very good question I do not know the answer to, but I’ve asked our product team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good news, @Paulo ! This feature is already available, and I totally missed it! I’ve updated the article and video accordingly. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz 

happier dance

@Liz

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - wow.. it is really slick and easy to use. I think it took me 7 minutes from start to finish testing and booking a meeting with myself. 

the only thing i noticed is that the booking in Calendly happens immediately BEFORE you get to the submit button.. If you have anything AFTER your appt question, you might want to consider making sure that you put a note in the Description to click the ok button to get to the next, really important question (or the submit button) - if you don’t you might end up with a Calendly booking but no form submission in Typeform. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yaaaay! This is very exciting!!!!

Congrats to the product team! I'm sure our customers are very happy with this new feature! Well done! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes, thanks for pointing that out, @john.desborough !

@Liz Thanks for the update. It is very useful :)

Is your team working to solve the issue with the next action after booking a meeting? I get leads booking appointments, and probably they are leaving the form right after, and I don’t receive all the details they filled in; It is a must.

Any due date to solve the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Eric_san I would suggest adding those fields before the Calendly block to be sure you receive all of the information you need from your respondents. :grinning: Let us know if you think of any other questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Eric_san - i would not say that this is a Typeform issue in totality. 

I agree with  you that getting the users to hit the submit button is key to getting all the data. I also think that it is up to us, knowing that the appointment is automatically booked BEFORE the submit button, to design our quiz/forms with that in mind. 

As i said in my example above, I put the note on the page that the user needed to go to the next page to answer one more important question. 

I could have easily broken my form into two typeforms - one to collect all the pertinent data before the calendar booking and redirected on completion to the appointment question/calendly in the second form and had both the data i wanted as well as the form booked. 

I hope that something MIGHT be able to be done with the app if it can be done, to improve a one-form approach. BUT in the meantime, it’s on my plate to design my form flows to ensure that i get the data i want before the appointment question and the possible drop off/no-sumbission. 

just my thoughts

des

@Liz I have multiple users within my Calendly account, each with their own sub-accounts and event types. AFAIK one can only authenticate one Calendly account with Typeform. Do you know if I need to have a separate Typeform account for each of my Calendly users if I want to create forms for each person? 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @zlindsey We actually have a workaround for this which you can find below! :) 

Thanks @liz I look forward testing with multiple Calendly accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let me know how it goes for you, @zlindsey !

Hey guys, I've been facing the same issues that others described. Some of my respondents leave the form right after the appointment is scheduled, even though I have instructions both in the Typeform and Calendly to remind the respondent he needs to submit the form. Any ideas on how to handle this situation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Daniel Paiva Thanks for stopping by! I would suggest taking a look at the suggestions in the post below: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @Liz I want to second the question about integrating multiple calendly accounts or any other solution to booking different types of appointments. I have a program I want to run with different but simultaneous events which I want people to sign up for. How do you suggest I go about that? The best way I’ve thought about is to integrate multiple calendly accounts to allow “time conflicts”. Does Typeform allow this? If not, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Ruth answering you in your post!

@Liz just used this the first time and it has the capacity to be SOOOO helpful! I am running into a challenge with this though that I’m hoping you can walk me through. I’m using the Calendly like the client intake + appointment schedule example you gave, however what’s happening is that people aren’t completing the survey (hitting the submit button). They fill it out, then schedule the call but never hit submit (or don’t see the button), so I can’t see their responses prior to the call they schedule. Any tips on this one?