Product update

šŸ“£ New Feature Alert! Goodbye notifications, hello Follow-ups

šŸ“£ New Feature Alert! Goodbye notifications, hello Follow-ups
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12927 replies

Happy Spring, Typeform community! The Research & Development team is coming in bloom this season with a new feature that many of you are going to love - conditional follow ups!
Ā 

If youā€™ve used our notifications feature before, you might be familiar with sending emails after a respondent submits the form. With our new follow-ups feature, you can send different emails based on answers, both on the respondent side and the creator side.
Ā 

Watch the video below for more information on what this looks like.

Ā 

To start using this feature,Ā 

Ā 

1. Click on the gear settings in the form builder. Then, click on ā€œFollow upsā€

f4c2ZQgeHLhQ1fBm7gD6-JJ3RiC3aAMMpwUcEQR9xrmhHxZXKksiho3W990meqj6zeEHXs_VxZ2pL8P-wRp2lLf_7clYu_gy3XabhjUn4iXXgO-JjfFjdVNH9ysnAjqmMpCdq-h7r2YTnJjWs8ch7eo

Ā 

1. Next, click on the + button to begin creating your follow-up sequence.Ā 

Ā 

oPkfWxwbSX5GLl7CIslGECsXEZVCR3btU0VzLF1JnlclW_Zqs7s4s8SxttiSm_89uqZs6YrxcfpUaLj6RynCpq3C6Wadf-j4BArnSSrcwqqhf5XeIfgdlpqVhSyz0HEoASpSD-NsfbfWRJpoNGMlF5w

Ā 

1. Choose the condition youā€™d like the email to send under and create-away! Our building will allow you to edit the email plain text, but you can add your own HTML or CSS to enhance the design.Ā 

AU2vvOEZmJWUNcBemQopqj-B01EiE-0Y4gluFytQOoG7UziE7xSNXVm2RDAuaLRefo5r2rrEYZddXDhq5yRTFK6gpqfnZtnz2s9aaakWnWGhTOVkbzgCwX20uGSz9oXuXTdbpCjQkXvZx0ObDK1M2DI

Ā 

1. You can rename your follow-ups by clicking on the three dots like this:Ā 

Ā 

O0DVL8XJalu1ab-CwB-r8vo85AyDJA_YFJcXFtT-YCSgYTLzch8M1CtVRbHdYYEo-VvFiD9YyJ0P1nouYDpyETiyBfASobRmuRNGlXxlkFfGFtHUDlg1y1_VmJmE34MEBcQjbedXj4KgnIzmFUwfK2s

Ā 

Interesting use cases

Ā 

There are plenty of great use cases for this new feature, but here are some of my favorites:Ā 

Ā 

1. Send a self-notification to different sales managers in your company based on the responses to a specific question or multiple questions.Ā 

R95JQPiV_3mpikMY499pNdpziCJNGv_rCQ0iEIrqfCg6SF95ccEMxf8VtvPdv1FpxOq3HdWtHhg-wNOdb-VN_5Z0IONF9E64v72x5IaMGQliQsOd9rWQ4_EZeTHlB5Qqf3Z74F0-_pfqNuIeyc0tBg0

1. Send an email to your respondent based on their answers. If youā€™ve got a lead form, you could send an email with more information about a particular service, information about your company, or different calendars to schedule meetings accordingly.Ā 

U6eRCxCe135HL3rFHqyQ5xIl-qhvraflbkkNN4UA4y9IDjEogKBuM51N4aeYzIVR4eafM-wFneZTw9a6BdlTVVjQSTFzikDAdMtMZ1UEVzUGVpsmXVBrXqgBQW36ogZqFawiFyUb7b6yktQtLAER8NM

Ā 

1. Send a notification to a contractor on your team based on answers - a great option if youā€™ve outsourced some of your work!

xk9Lwjk3m1-mScuRQitHkyhikDJITLiJ6j7Z3KJjdlG7jfxfvZcYc5SRYY9ljF9rXLrJmvIKHwTvkm_aXWnygWjyGO-YySxupahfuZ7K0CDLnwCEu_pVO4Yszmrqyj1fLsDq5c4RVKysBIHf57bASEw

Ā 

1. Send a notification to your email account and create a workflow accordingly using integrations such as Mailchimp, Zapier, or Hubspot.

Ā 

We hope you love this feature! For those of you already using it, let us know what youā€™re using it for, and as always, drop any feedback in the comments.Ā 

Ā 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LizĀ - iā€™ve found the ā€˜newā€™ method to set the triggers for the followups is a really nice little enhancement. Now to go back to the forms and leverage the capability on about 120 forms over the next 3 weeks..Ā 

Ā 

cheers

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Liz, I still have the ā€œnotification systemā€ active on my business plan. Does the new function ā€œfollow upsā€ activate automatically?

Cheers,

Carlo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desboroughĀ Sounds like youā€™ll need some coffee!Ā šŸ˜€

@CrlaoĀ our product team is rolling it out to customers, so you should have it in your account soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LizĀ - i have about 20 pounds in reserve lol..Ā 

Ā 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desboroughĀ šŸ˜³šŸ˜µ Good thing youā€™re prepared ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LizĀ - former Boy Scoutā€¦Ā 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi All, this new feature is awesome for new forms, but Live Support just confirmed that we will have to manually re-configure all ā€œoldā€ notifications. This will have to be done for existing forms which are edited and published after the implementation of follow ups.

If it happens that the Follow-ups feature is enabled for forms that used to have Notifications set up, then you'll have to re-configure them, I'm afraid.Ā 
But this time, through the Follow-ups button (by following these instructions:Ā Send follow-up messages to your respondents or yourself).
Ā 
I know this is not the best, but it is quite a big improvement the Follow-ups.Ā 
With them, you can not only send simple self or respondent notifications, but also conditional and different ones to your respondents based on answers, for example.

Ā 

However, follow up looks amazing!

Cheers,

Carlo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @CrlaoĀ thank you for sharing that! I know itā€™s not the most fun having to re-configure everything, but hopefully youā€™ll be able to add more custom notifications now as you go about updating your forms.Ā šŸ˜

Hey Liz,

Ā 

I found the solution to my problem, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brandon WraithĀ Ah glad to hear it! What was the solution?Ā šŸ‘€

Hello. Can you please tell us how to enable follow-ups for forms that were designed and published before this feature was released? Iā€™m still only seeing the ā€œNotificationsā€ option in settings and canā€™t find any guidance on how to access the Follow-ups feature in its place. Thank you.

Thankyou for the ā€œFollow Upsā€ feature. I like it but I think it needs an option between Trigger and Action to be able to delay or ā€œwaitā€ so many hours/days before the actual action occurs.