Answered

Best way to collate duplicated results

• 25 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey all, 

I wanted to get some suggestions regarding collecting results.

I’ve created a survey using the logic functionality. It’s for 3 different audience segments, so some questions are repeated.

For example, Group A has the question

“ how many times do you eat eggs a week”

Group B has the same question about eggs.

However, on the results page, as they are two separate questions, they have two separate results.

What’s the best way to group those results together, so I can say “X people eat eggs 4 times a week” using data from Group A and Group B’s results.

In my head Im thinking export to excel or Google sheets and then combine the two rows that have the same question? Just wondering if there’s a different way

I hope that makes sense!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 June 2021, 21:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bobbl This is a great question! I would definitely suggest integrating with Google Sheets, which would allow you to combine the data as you would like and display it in a way that works best for you. You could also use Google Data Studio, and we have an example of this below. 

I’m pretty sure @john.desborough  and @vickioneill also have crafty ways of displaying data that they may be able to share with you as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - crafty?? more like slick or smooth ways of doing it .. lol

@Bobbl - the simplest way to do this, in my opinion, is to create a ‘report tab’ in the sheet and create the column headers that make more sense to you to use (ie typeform column headers are the full text of the question and something like 4xwk makes more sense, to use your example) and then put in the simple formulas that combine the results that you need. In psuedo-code-like english:

• you can connect the separate audiences’ typeform to separate tabs in one Google sheet. and then create a report tab. 
  • in cell F2 for example: = count of all values in tabA for the column 4timesaweek where the cell says yes + count of all values in tabB for the column 4timesaweek where the cell says yes
    • using the correct syntax in the sheet would count the number of yes entries for 4 times a week and then add them. 
    • you might want to make it simpler by having a separate cell for the count for each tab
  • then you can make your report. 

if you want to pull all the data records from tabs a and b into the reporting tab, based on a filter of 4 times a week being yes, you can do that with the arrayformula() function and some IF() statements - then you can do the above as you need. 

that’s the KISS principle according to voice #5 of 7 in my head to make this work for you.. 

hope it helps and is not too convoluted.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @john.desborough ! @Bobbl let us know if any of these options work for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for tagging me, @Liz !

I think des’s voice #5 of 7 is spot on, @Bobbl ! I couldn’t have said it any better myself, @john.desborough :) 

Combining data like this is best done in a spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing the examples and formulas, des!