Question

Problem with conversion tracking

Badge

Hi, 

I have a typeform running since yesterday and i have now around 15 conversions but none are counted in my Google Ads Campaign.

The typeform is integrated in a wordpress website, before that i was using a form extension (Gravity Form) and the conversions tracking worked (all tags are correclty set with GTM) so i don’t understand why it’s not working now with typeform. I redirect on my confirmation page when the typefrom is completed like my previous form. After researches I connected my GTM with Typeform but is there something else i need to do ? 

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MathieuMic Welcome to the community! No worries at all about your English - it’s great to me! :grinning:

How have you set up the conversion tracking? For example, do you have hidden fields on the form that have information being passed into them? Any information you can share about what you currently have set up will help us see why it isn’t working. 

Badge

Hi Liz, thanks for your response.

I don’t have hidden fields on the form but just 2 different endings depending of the answers given.

I also remark today that I did not have desabled the Gravity Form on the plugin dashboard even if he is not on my page anymore, do you think the issue could come from this ? This may have interfered with the typeform conversion tracking ? I don’t know.

Badge

To be more precise the typeform is not on the landing page but you have to click on the CTA button on the landing page, then another page opens (still on the same domain name than the landing page) with the typeform and when the form is complete there is a redirection to a thank you page so Google Ads can track the conversion.

Maybe the typeform needs to be on the homepage of the landing page ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MathieuMic In order to pass this information through, you’ll need to have hidden fields on the form. I’d suggest taking a look at this article to get started with source tracking! 

Badge

Hi, 

When I talk about “conversions” I mean that I want to be able to see each form submission so I can know how much does a lead cost me and see this in my google ads campaign Dashboard compared to my daily budget.

I have another landing page using Unbounce with a Typeform and conversions tracking is working.. I don’t get why it’s not with Wordpress.

Can you please tell me what I have to do precisely to make things work ?

All tags are set correctly on my website : Google Tag Manager/Google Analytics/Google Ads conversion tracking

GTM and Analytics are connected to Typeform too.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MathieuMic Could you share the URL where you have the form embedded on Wordpress so I can see how it’s setup? Thanks!

Badge

Here it is : https://pac-subventions.fr/formulaire-deligibilite/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks! I can see that Google Analytics is added correctly. How are you tracking the submissions for the other forms that are working, @MathieuMic ?

Badge

With a redirection to a thank you page after submission like i did for the Typeform, I put a tag on the thank you page, each time there is a visit it’s 1 conversion (form submit)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it, @MathieuMic ! Thanks! I do see that the data is passing correctly to Google, so I can’t say for sure why the tracking wouldn’t be working on the thank you page for your site. @mathio or @picsoung do you have any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sorry, I dont have experience with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Salut @MathieuMic 👋

I just took a look and looks like all the events are correctly fired from GA embedded in the typeform and Google Tag Manager.

Could it be on the confirmation page (https://pac-subventions.fr/confirmation-formulaire/) where it does not get sent?

Badge

Hi @picsoung , the tracking is almost working correctly, in fact I don’t know why but not all the conversions (form submission) are correctly tracked. For example on Sunday I had 1 form submission but 0 on my Google Ads Dashboard, and Yesterday I had 2 form submission and 2 also on my Google Ads Dashboard. I will see today if the issue persists and I’ll tell you.

The redirection link to my Thank you page is on the button of my ending, so I didn’t activate the “redirect on completion”, maybe it’s necessary to activate the redirect on completion too ? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MathieuMic 
Looks like I missed your answer, I apologize 🙇‍♂️

If your link is on the ending, it’s not guaranteed that the respondent is going to click on the button and then be redirected.

I would recommend using the “redirect on completion” if you want to redirect the respondent 100% of the time and be sure the tracking works.