roundup

Our fave typeforms and videoasks of 2022 💖

Our fave typeforms and videoasks of 2022 💖
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Cocktail-mixing pirates, climate-changing robots, and a megalomaniac octopus: just some of the topics of our favourite typeforms and videoasks of 2022.

In this post we commemorate a year when we saw first-hand how our creators are pushing the boundaries in online conversational experiences. We asked the Community team (@Liz,@Grace and myself)  to come up with the creations that impressed them during 2022, which you can read about below.

You can also check out some of the super typeforms that the wider Typeform team (particularly @picsoung 😸) were raving about last year. I've compiled the recommendations that came through our internal "inspiration" channel into this Airtable gallery. You can browse the whole lot or filter by a particular industry or use case.

James' picks of 2022

ClimateHero Carbon Calculator

We're seriously messing up our planet – so how refreshing to discover a tool that can help you understanding the impact you're having on an individual level. This sophisticated typeform quiz can calculate your carbon footprint in five minutes. ClimateHero has embedded the quiz front and centre on its website to raise awareness of the organisation and how it can help offset carbon emissions.

The Octopus

Possibly the most "out there" typeform experience I've ever seen, Cock & Bull's The Octopus is a masterpiece in interactive storytelling. I was fascinated to discover how Chris (@cpeak5000) and his team combined cinematic video and Typeform logic to create this other-wordly choose-your-adventure story. You can hear Chris talk about it in this Workspace Invaders episode.

GrowthTribe’s Digital Leader quiz

I love how GrowthTribe built a whole awareness and lead capture campaign around its typeform quiz. It's a great example of how to build a piece of content that's genuinely useful to people (in this case digital leaders) while capturing qualified leads at the same time. It looks fab too, and is a great example of how to brand a typeform.

Liz’s picks of 2022

James stole my favorite, The Octopus, but if you didn’t already check out the form, please do!

Folk’s onboarding form

This is one of my favorites from the Workspace Invader’s series this last year. Not only is the form well made, but their entire workflow with all the integration tools they use is amazing. If only I could make something that well put together! You can marvel at how they did it in @Mirandaparr ‘s illuminating interview with folk Co-Founder Simo Lemhandez:

Des’s Idea Machine

We often think of using Typeform solely for lead generation or feedback collection but forget that it can be used for personal cases like this one! I’m the kind of person who has a million post-it’s around my workspace, so I like @john.desborough’s form as a way to capture sporadic thoughts efficiently.

Cabana’s Trip Suggestor

As a lifelong traveler, I love anything that will help me narrow down where to go next. Cabana has a few forms on their website that will help you choose your next itinerary or campsite.

Grace’s picks of 2022

As the Community Manager of our VideoAsk Community, I’m going to take the liberty of picking my three favourite videoasks of the year:

Bullet Proof Hustle's lead collection videoask 

I love how you can instantly get to know @Darnell through this videoask. It’s easy to use and I think the simplicity of the videoask helps to build trust with potential new clients. We featured Darnell's creation as our May videoask of the month.

Jack Sparerib's engaging cocktail making tutorial

This is just a really fun videoask, so much detail in the video which makes you want to re-watch it and a great way to provide some bonus content for your audience and hopefully grab some feedback along the way too. Read more about Ace and his concoction in our June videoask of the month.

Jan Heck's interactive signup videoask

Jan’s videoask really caught my eye thanks to his video editing skills, I love how he secretly added in discount codes for his course throughout the videoask for people to find and used the branding feature to create an enroll now button. Check out October's videoask of the month post for more.

What are your favourites?

We'd love to hear about any typeforms and videoasks that blew you away in 2022. Feel free to recommend them in the comments below – it could even be something you've created yourself, so don't be shy to blow your own trumpet! 

Any personal favourites you could pick out @picsoung @andrew_videoask @amy.carlson @john.desborough ???

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@James wow, what a commemoration! Happy to be featured amongst @Grace’s favs too although I’m LOOOOOOOOOONG overdue for an updated VideoAsk for my website, agh!

It’s very high on my priority list though. Should be able to at least complete my flow chart for it tomorrow though. I have webinars and courses coming up, and it’s best that all my new visitors get the most updated info and offers, plus I’d be using VideoAsk in other contexts as well.

This post is actually a good inadvertent reminder to get to it, Darnell, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha, thanks @Darnell Great to see you’re running with VideoAsk and using it to grow even more! Please share with us your handiwork here once you’re done, and let us know if you need help/feedback along the way 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@James yes, most certainly will do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James  thanks for this article.. it’s always amazing to see how other folks are using Typeform and VideoAsk for fun and profit … totally chuffed that @Liz liked the ‘idea machine’ - i use it personally every day to track things that bubble up. 

@Darnell - great job and looking forward to “v2”

@Grace - those are some excellent examples of how you can use the technology to accelerate business and have some fun times. 

keep up the great work everyone!!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Jack Spareribs all the way! 🏴☠️

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I definitely need @Darnell ‘s video skills ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz you’re too kind, ha! My next VideoAsk should be much better being that I’ve had more practice.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The Octopus is watching you James. 

https://ritzherald.com/chicago-cock-and-bull-arts-dives-deep-into-the-world-of-virtual-storytelling/

https://meetings.skift.com/using-old-tech-tell-new-stories-events/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yipes @cpeak5000 🐙👀 

Great to see your stunning creation getting this kind of coverage – fully deserved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m just trying to get used to showing my face on video, in general. 😂 Your videos are definitely a step up, @Darnell !

@cpeak5000 this is amazing!! Congrats on the coverage of your form! You’ll have to let us know if you make another one because I definitely want to give it a try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow love this @James such a great selection of typeforms and videoasks, although the reality is there are just too many to mention! 

@Darnell I know you said before you wanted to make some improvements to yours but really, one of the best bits is that it’s just you being you! 🤗 which is something that we talked about with @mrjankeck in his episode of VideoAsk Voyagers, you don’t always need bells and whistles to make a good videoask! 

Anyway, here’s to 2023 and getting to see even more amazing creative ideas from our awesome community! 🎉

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace good reminder and TSM for sharing that! Re: the improvements I want to make, they’re more like administrative updates I’ve made to my business and newer pathways I want to offer the visitor in terms of how I can serve them. So more relevant/appropriate options, in other words, lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell ooh yes, always good to keep things up to date and relevant! Looking forward to seeing the next version!