Answered

Timer to quiz

Userlevel 2

Hi friends is it possible to add a timer or time limit to a quiz? I dont want to allow people to have it open for days.

icon

Best answer by picsoung 25 May 2021, 07:09

View original

58 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Killabyt ,

It looks like this feature is available but only to Pro and Premium programs. Are you on one of these?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Killabyt. Welcome to the Typeform Community! And @vickioneill thanks so much for replying to this! :hugging:

At the moment, Typeform doesn't offer a timer nor a time limit to fill out a form. But I can see how this would be useful and we can keep this thread as a conversation in case more users have the same request. I can share that with our product team as a suggestion. To be completely transparent, this doesn't mean the feature will be built in a short term period but they'll be aware of our conversation. :) You can also subscribe to the product update page here to stay updated on new releases. 

Also, I think it's important to clarify: we have a "Time to complete:" message on the Welcome Page, which shows an estimated time the users would take to complete the form. Still, they can take longer than that. 

I hope this helps! 

Userlevel 2

Hi! In my case the form should be sync with a video and change the question when the scene change (this happens every single minute) is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, @r.Georg. Happy Wednesday :) 

Since we don't have a timer within the form, we cannot force the respondent to go to the following question after a period of time. Would you mind sharing how this feature would help you? I'll be happy to share this feedback with our team! 

Userlevel 2

Since we don't have a timer within the form, we cannot force the respondent to go to the following question after a period of time. Would you mind sharing how this feature would help you? I'll be happy to share this feedback with our team! 

The quiz is an evaluation for people who have just learnt some topic and this way we can avoid in some way they go to look for the answers in order to qualify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, thank you for sharing, @Killabyt !

Userlevel 1

I am on the same boat. I had to look for alternative providers as I needed timer for my Quizzes. I needed timer to record how long respondents took to answer each question too as well as limiting overall time they spend by displaying a countdown. 

Thanks for this exchange ! I also want to add a timer to my Typeform quizz. Do you know if we can add a tool with zappier which could fill this role ? 

I have noticed few of them like Timecamp or TimeTracker but I don’t know if it could work. 

Thanks ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Chris.rise I’m afraid we don’t have this feature yet, but we’ll share the feedback with our product team. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Chris.rise 

if you willing to get on a dev adventure I think this is possible.
Here is an example project that using Embed SDK, to display the typeform for a certain time. When time is over it hides the form and display a “timer is over” message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Chris.rise 

if you willing to get on a dev adventure I think this is possible.
Here is an example project that using Embed SDK, to display the typeform for a certain time. When time is over it hides the form and display a “timer is over” message.

@picsoung - that looks awesome … thanks for this!

Thanks so much @picsoung 

Hello ,

I am willing to make a timed quiz, is it possible to do that with typeform?

(e.g. the whole quiz last maximum for 1 min and then it is closed and results are registered)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @qsdfqsd I added your question here where we have the answer. :grinning: Let us know if there is anything else we can answer for you!

Also need a timer for a quiz, and wondered whether this has been built? 

Go to next question once time is up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ankybent This isn’t a feature we currently have, but let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

What are some other providers that do timed tests?

The quiz is an evaluation for people who have just learnt some topic and this way we can avoid in some way they go to look for the answers in order to qualify.

Looking for the same functionality. The need is to quiz the learner’s knowledge while restricting time so they don’t have time to go look up the answer.

Hi @Killabyt. Welcome to the Typeform Community! And @vickioneill thanks so much for replying to this! :hugging:

At the moment, Typeform doesn't offer a timer nor a time limit to fill out a form. But I can see how this would be useful and we can keep this thread as a conversation in case more users have the same request. I can share that with our product team as a suggestion. To be completely transparent, this doesn't mean the feature will be built in a short term period but they'll be aware of our conversation. :) You can also subscribe to the product update page here to stay updated on new releases. 

Also, I think it's important to clarify: we have a "Time to complete:" message on the Welcome Page, which shows an estimated time the users would take to complete the form. Still, they can take longer than that. 

I hope this helps! 

Hi @Mariana. Great thread! Thank you for your response - very helpful. 🙏

We have the same request (we are paying users of Typeform). 😊

We are really hoping that the Typeform Product Team adds the timer or time limit feature soon. 🤞

Kind regards.

Hi, i need to set a time limit for a quiz, but I can’t figure out how to do it. Can someone help me with this? Thank you :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lia I added your post here where we have the answer. :grinning: Let us know if you have any other questions!

I would like create a quiz to test short-term memory and would like to show a photo or video for a specific amount of time (say, 15, 30, 60 seconds).

For example, I like to add a quote-question with an image, that jumps to the next question after 15 seconds.

How can I set this up? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kt_ffm Welcome to the community! I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. :grinning:

Hi @Liz, I am also looking for the timer feature as many other users are. It could be a great add up to the Typeform feature bucket as lots of ed-tech companies need some tool to create tests to assess students. 

Typeform has already got a great UI and evaluation logic built in. If the timer feature would be there, it could be also used as a quiz sort of platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for stopping by, @karun.revolute ! Any particular timer/style you’re looking for?