Answered

Facebook Pixel Domain Verification

Userlevel 3

Hi, 

IOS14 changes within Facebook are coming up now, and using (custom) conversions, companies need to verify each domain we're using. I'm currently running Facebook Ads where the conversions are when someone filled in one of my Typeform's. Unfortunately, I'm not able to verify domains within Tag Manager, and I have no access to the back-end of my Typeforms. 

So, my question:  How can I verify my Typeform domain?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Gabriel 27 December 2021, 11:01

View original

145 replies

Hi @Gabriel 

My understanding is Facebook has resolved this issue, and all you need to do is to get on the Public Suffix list (see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/D8a8kvxmLch), and as soon as you are on that list, we should be able to verify our custom subdomains on typeform.com domain. 

This is the article I took that screenshot from https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification 

Please let me know if I’m missing something here. 

Badge +5

Many thanks for that info @JasonK!. @Nordin from our team is investigating the Facebook Pixel issue very closely - I’m hoping he can confirm if this would actually work :fingers_crossed_tone3:

Thanks, @Gabriel and @Nordin ! 

Hoping to hear from you soon! Hopefully good news. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @JasonK , 

Thanks this is actually really cool. It’s good to know that we could use something like this in case of emergency but the fact that you have to renew the code every 30 days would make it unsuitable for a full working solution. That said, it’s better than nothing. 

Right now Facebook Support is checking with their engineers on our specific case and they will advise the best way for us to implement a solution, hopefully. 

If we don’t get a satisfactory reply from them during next week (their support is not as fast as I’d like, I have to chase them twice a week :disappointed_relieved: ) I’ll check with our engineers to see if there is a way to implement this at our end. By providing you with this code we would at least mitigate the impact these changes will have for some of you. 

Before I part let me thank you and all the other community users who are helping us so much with this, I know this is supposed to be ‘how communities operate’, but it’s a pleasure having people to back you up and help in this kind of situation. Don’t want to be too cheesy but feels like a… family! :heart_eyes:

Many thanks!

Hi @Nordin,

Just checking if you’ve had any luck on getting an answer on this from Facebook Support?

Thanks,

Jack

How do I add my Typeform domain to the Public Suffix list as mentioned on Facebook?

I've been following many threads in this community and have seen some people mention that Facebook will accept a Typeform domain if it is on the Public Suffix List. I've been researching and researching but no one actually says how to do it. Any info on this would be very appreciated.

Hi @Gabriel 

My understanding is Facebook has resolved this issue, and all you need to do is to get on the Public Suffix list (see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/D8a8kvxmLch), and as soon as you are on that list, we should be able to verify our custom subdomains on typeform.com domain. 

This is the article I took that screenshot from https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification 

How do I add my Typeform domain to the Public Suffix list as mentioned on Facebook?

I've been following many threads in this community and have seen some people mention that Facebook will accept a Typeform domain if it is on the Public Suffix List. I've been researching and researching but no one actually says how to do it. Any info on this would be very appreciated.

Hi @Gabriel 

Yes… same here. I’ve been reviewing several replies in the group and haven’t received a concrete answer on how to register for the public suffix or how to navigate around the domain verification. 

I've been following many threads in this community and have seen some people mention that Facebook will accept a Typeform domain if it is on the Public Suffix List. I've been researching and researching but no one actually says how to do it. Any info on this would be very appreciated.

Pinned comment below:

JasonK wrote:

My understanding is Facebook has resolved this issue, and all you need to do is to get on the Public Suffix list (see here: https://www.screencast.com/t/D8a8kvxmLch), and as soon as you are on that list, we should be able to verify our custom subdomains on typeform.com domain.

Please let me know if I’m missing something here

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Danib I’ve added your post here where we have the discussion and updates about the Facebook Pixel verification. Let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime. 

Any updates on this? 

I got this message on FB: “Apple announced these changes will be released the week of April 26th. Facebook's solutions to help address these changes will take effect soon.”

Userlevel 1

@Gabriel Apple has announced that they will launch the changes on 26th April so that is in a few days. Still no solution to this domain verification issue? Unfortunately, we are going to have to look for other alternatives as all of our conversion campaigns that use Typeform currently will get paused.

Badge +5

Hey @Lenin @Heiman - thanks for the reminder.

We are aware this is happening soon and the team is working around the clock to find a solution but we haven’t found that magic bullet yet. 

I asked them for an update, and this is what they said

We want to ensure that our Facebook Pixel integration continues to work as intended after Facebook released the new aggregate measurement tracking to accommodate upcoming Apple iOS privacy changes. 

Facebook support have enabled a feature for merchants to track subdomains as if they were eTLD+1: 

We will be supporting the Public Suffix List for domain verification and event configuration. This means that merchants using a registered domain on the Public Suffix List will be able to use that domain for verifying and configuring their top 8 events on the domain.

For example, if “myplatform.com” is a registered domain on the Public Suffix List, then Jasper, a merchant with the subdomain “jasper.myplatform.com”, would now qualify as an effective eTLD+1 and would be able to verify “jasper.myplatform.com” and use it to configure their top 8 events in the web events configuration tool. Please note this would not apply to URL paths (e.g. “myplatform.com/jasper”) or an eTLD+2 domain (e.g. “abc.jasper.myplatform.com”).

We spoke to Facebook and asked them if this is something we can implement on our side. The answer seems to be yes, but it isn’t at all easy. We will need to undertake significant changes to adapt to this and those changes seem to have a lot of ramifications - if someone wants more details on this let me know, it’s quite technical information. 

We know the iOS update is imminent and we are hoping to find a solution on time.

We’ll keep you posted about progress in this thread.  Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Lenin @Heiman - thanks for the reminder.

We are aware this is happening soon and the team is working around the clock to find a solution but we haven’t found that magic bullet yet. 

I asked them for an update, and this is what they said

We want to ensure that our Facebook Pixel integration continues to work as intended after Facebook released the new aggregate measurement tracking to accommodate upcoming Apple iOS privacy changes. 

Facebook support have enabled a feature for merchants to track subdomains as if they were eTLD+1: 

We will be supporting the Public Suffix List for domain verification and event configuration. This means that merchants using a registered domain on the Public Suffix List will be able to use that domain for verifying and configuring their top 8 events on the domain.

For example, if “myplatform.com” is a registered domain on the Public Suffix List, then Jasper, a merchant with the subdomain “jasper.myplatform.com”, would now qualify as an effective eTLD+1 and would be able to verify “jasper.myplatform.com” and use it to configure their top 8 events in the web events configuration tool. Please note this would not apply to URL paths (e.g. “myplatform.com/jasper”) or an eTLD+2 domain (e.g. “abc.jasper.myplatform.com”).

We spoke to Facebook and asked them if this is something we can implement on our side. The answer seems to be yes, but it isn’t at all easy. We will need to undertake significant changes to adapt to this and those changes seem to have a lot of ramifications - if someone wants more details on this let me know, it’s quite technical information. 

We know the iOS update is imminent and we are hoping to find a solution on time.

We’ll keep you posted about progress in this thread.  Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

Hopefully, you’ll get it working as we’ve been super satisfied with using Typeform. Here’s a tip others might benefit from in the meantime:

If you’re using Typeform for generating leads and running conversion campaigns on Facebook. You can use the redirect feature Typeform offers to redirect a form submission to a thank you page on your own domain. Then you can use that thank you page to trigger a Lead event which you can use for optimization. As that event now sits on your own domain you will be able to use it with no issue.

The only problem with this setup is (and this is just my assumption): Facebook counts the ad click and the conversion but nothing in between e.g. landing page view since that would be triggered under the Typeform domain. Not sure how this will affect ad delivery and quality scores but this is something we will be testing out since there’s no other immediate choice.

Hello

Any update on this?

Badge +5

Hey @l2w 👋

Latest official update is my previous comment, 3 days ago. However, I believe we'll have another update this week after our call with Facebook - we're close to defining a final solution but we need their input before going ahead. 

We'll keep you all posted. 

Hey @l2w 👋

Latest official update is my precious comment, 3 days ago. However, I believe we'll have another update this week after our call with Facebook - we're close to defining a final solution but we need their input before going ahead. 

We'll keep you all posted. 

Any updates on this issue yet 

Hi @Gabriel 

Facebook have updated and our conversion ads are prohibited. Do you have any solution?

Hi,

Any update on this topic ? All our ads using Typeform subdomain are prohibited too.

And I don’t see typeform.com in the Public Suffix List : https://publicsuffix.org/list/

Many thanks,

Badge +5

Hi,

Any update on this topic ? All our ads using Typeform subdomain are prohibited too.

And I don’t see typeform.com in the Public Suffix List : https://publicsuffix.org/list/

Many thanks,

Trying to get an update for you all, @bjnmto. Knocking on some doors as we speak :raised_hand_tone3:

Same here!

All our campaigns with “Typeform completion” as a goal has been stopped by Facebook.

I hope we can find a solution as soon as possible. 

Thank you guys!  

Badge +5

Hi all, quick update - and hopefully not the last one this week. I have some good news to share. 

We have defined a solution, which basically involves creating a new domain, apply PSL and use this domain for forms that need to be integrated with Facebook Pixel. We’ve reached the conclusion that this is the best solution based on our recent conversations with Facebook. 

Something we don’t have yet is an ETA - that should be the next update we post here. Im hoping to bring more info within the coming days. 

Thanks for your patience :ok_hand_tone4:

Hi all, quick update - and hopefully not the last one this week. I have some good news to share. 

We have defined a solution, which basically involves creating a new domain, apply PSL and use this domain for forms that need to be integrated with Facebook Pixel. We’ve reached the conclusion that this is the best solution based on our recent conversations with Facebook. 

Something we don’t have yet is an ETA - that should be the next update we post here. Im hoping to bring more info within the coming days. 

Thanks for your patience :ok_hand_tone4:

How can I do this?

Can you help me?

Hi,

Our FB ads that optimize for Typeform submit were paused. Based on feedback on this forum we verified our Typeform subdomain on FB but that didn’t have an effect. Is there a solution for this problem? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sd1974. Happy Tuesday :hugging:

I moved your question here where the updates have been posted. I hope this helps! 

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone! 

As some of you might have noticed, Facebook paused all the campaigns towards your Typeform subdomain. 

What we did in order to get our campaigns back up was adding our Typeform inside our URL in https://leadsales.io 

Then we added the pixel to both our typeform and website in order for the TypeformSubmit conversion was being tracked straight from our URL https://leadsales.io/typeform 

We then added the event inside our website through the Aggregated Event Measurement tool under Events Manager. 

It took 72 hours to validate the change but we are back live with great performing campaigns and taking traffic straight to our website.

I’d recommend this solution while Typeform gets their domain into the public suffix list 

Hope this helps!

Roby 

CEO of Leadsales - WhatsApp, Instagram & Messenger CRM