Tell us about your use case!

• 26 January 2022
  • 82 replies
Tell us about your use case!

Show first post

82 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We use Typeform for a couple of use cases. 

External - Client complete the typeform to request a quotation. They provide all details and upload documents. This creates a Trello card and various notifications and labels, it also creates a contact and company in our CRM. 

Internally, staff use Typeform to request a proposal be created, a contract to be reviewed, a marketing case study, and several other functions. These all have the same automation of pushing data to our crm and creating Trello cards. 

Both use cases allow us to create actions off the back of it and get consistent answers and starts of processes ie you can’t do this unless all questions are answered. 

I embed all forms in teams too so people don’t need to bookmark or remember a link. Its a very useful tool. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, it seems you have a wide range of different solutions with Typeform, @Welland!

I'm curious to know more about them. Can you send some of your forms to us? It'd be great to take a look at how you're using our functionalities! 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - here’s another little bit I have been using to help me “write more” or at least come up with more ideas for writing…

it’s based on turning our minds into ‘idea machines’ 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough! Aaah I love the list of 10 things idea! You've got great examples over there as well! What have you been writing about lately? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - I am writing email sequences (as well as building Typeforms) for clients in a number of industry sectors (welcome, nurture, consumption and cart abandonment sequences)

In my spare time, when not n here trying to troubleshoot logic issues lol, I have been doing this 10-ideas list making on a daily basis for about 10 years now - and i pick one of the ideas from the list and spend 25 minutes writing something (an email, a potential blog post, etc) on the topic every day. 

It helps me get the creative juice going and improves my writing abilities, at least i think so.. lol.. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Gabi Amaral , I use TypeForm for collecting data on prospects in order to provide them directly relevant material to help them in their purchasing decisions. I am intrigued by VideoAsk but have not yet taken the step. I also use TypeForm for customers to update details for repeat purchases, in particular product expiry dates, to enable me to send effective reminders for repeat purchases. I have Shopify Synced to Airtable and then import TypeForm into Airtable which then creates Tags to be Synced to Shopify which I can then use for Email marketing based on Shopify Tag segments. Recently I used the first Quiz to collect prospect data with a significant imporvement in response rates, and plan to add the same Quiz to the home page.

Very much enjoy the interviews/use cases on video I have seen, I find these inspiring and educational.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don't have enough words to say how much I admire you, @john.desborough! That should require a lot of discipline, I haven't been able to organize myself to get there yet!

​​​Hi @Phil Richards! It's great to have you here! It's so cool! Can you send some of your forms/quizzes to us? We'd love to take a look at them and give some feedback! And what do you think of our integration with Airtable? 

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Gabi Amaral Here is the lead gen quiz, the integration into Airtable is working well, its very fast, the first time I watched the Airtable populate after I took the quiz. LOL, I hope it’s not only me that experiences great joy watching it all happen 😄

https://tappwater.mt/pages/lets-find-your-tapp-water-filter

Greetings @Gabi Amaral --

I just signed up for VideoAsk so my responses may be cryptic . . . for now, anyway. 

PRODUCT:

VideoAsk

USE CASE:

I’m planning to invite testimonials for a forthcoming book from people who agreed to do so.

WHY VIDEOASK:

It’s novel and engaging — mostly engaging.  I didn’t quite see how I’d use it at first, but I knew I’d figure it out and it would be a great time-saver.  So I bought it.  

DESIRED BUT NOT-YET-AVAILABLE FEATURE:

Sorry, I’m not familiar enough with the VA platform to offer any suggested uses / features just yet!  ‘-]

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Phil Richards! How are you doing today? I've just checked your form, very nice! My only comment is about the background image you're using. I notice that the logo "Tapp water" is a bit big and in the middle of the form. Sometimes, this logo overlaps with the CTA buttons. I'd suggest you add a new background with a smaller logo and located in the right bottom part. Just a thought, of course! 😉 Other than that, do you have other forms so we can take a look at? 

@Bill Doerr Welcome to our community!! Happy to have you here. And have you created your first videoask already? Don't forget to send us the link! We have some amazing creators here that would love to give you new ideas and feedback! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi folks,

Thought I’d do a quick intro (maybe a video one day). I’m using Typeform for a number of different sustainability projects, focusing on stakeholder/employee engagement. I’m essentially building surveys (of varying complexity) and working towards streamlining the process and automating reports as an output.  

Big thanks to community for all the help so far, no doubt I will have many more questions!

Best

Lewis

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's amazing, @LewisK! Are you allowed to send us some of your forms? We'd love to take a look at them and give you some feedback (that's what we usually do over here 😉). 

And how are you finding Typeform for these different levels of 'survey complexity'? Also, I'd love to know which integrations you've been using! 

Can't wait to hear from you. Wishing you a great day! 🙏🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve seen a bunch of folks talking about how to use multiple typeforms, redirect upon completion, payment forms, file uploads and calendly links over the past month or so.. 

So i put together a little example dealing with booking a paid consultation. It goes like this: 

• user selects type of consultation and provides contact details (form #1)
  • user pays the fee (form #2 - in this example it is a statement page instead of the actual payment question cuz, as much as i would like to collect $$ from y’all, i did not want to invoke the stripe integration) 
  • user uploads supporting documents (form #3)
  • user then books the calendly meeting (form #4 - it’s an actual 5 minute meeting that will appear in my calendar but imma gonna delete it!!) 

all the forms are connected to the same google sheet and i have a “reporting” tab created that gives me a consolidated record that I can review or spit out to me as a pdf attachment to an email. 

It isn’t perfect and it was done in about 30 minutes - just to give folks an idea of how long it might take them - but you are welcome to have a peek and try it out (just a reminder that i will cancel the meeting lol) 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow @john.desborough! Thank you very much for that! I'll tag some folks here that might be interested to check it out! 😊

Hope you enjoy it! @Darnell @LewisK @Leslie MGB @talon256 @Phil Richards @Bill Doerr @Welland @adrianne.meldrum @Silvio Ribeiro @the conservative @robhale 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for this @john.desborough it’s very helpful! And thx for the tag @Gabi Amaral .

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for this @john.desborough it’s very helpful! And thx for the tag @Gabi Amaral .

@Darnell thanks mate… pleasure mine.. just a little something to prove a point that it would work to a ‘doubting thomas’… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Greetings @Gabi Amaral --

I just signed up for VideoAsk so my responses may be cryptic . . . for now, anyway. 

PRODUCT:

VideoAsk

USE CASE:

I’m planning to invite testimonials for a forthcoming book from people who agreed to do so.

WHY VIDEOASK:

It’s novel and engaging — mostly engaging.  I didn’t quite see how I’d use it at first, but I knew I’d figure it out and it would be a great time-saver.  So I bought it.  

DESIRED BUT NOT-YET-AVAILABLE FEATURE:

Sorry, I’m not familiar enough with the VA platform to offer any suggested uses / features just yet!  ‘-]

Hey @Bill Doerr sorry this is a bit late to the party 😂 but I thought if you are going to use VideoAsk for testimonial collection you might like to check out this getting started guide we created:

And if you have a bit of time you might like to watch our first episode of VideoAsk Voyagers as we talk all about testimonial collection with Justin and Sarah from Wake Up to Freedom 

Hopefully some of that is useful, but let me know if you have any questions about using VideoAsk, always happy to help! 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge

What product do you use?

Typeform

What’s your use case?

Transactional surveys throughout our customer journey, ad-hoc research, monthly product research from users in our dedicated feedback group, and some internal surveys.

What’s your favorite thing about using Typeform and/or VideoAsk?

I love how simple the tool is to use. There’s an abundance of question types, logic can be built as complicated as needed, and being able to brand the forms is so important. The survey looks seamless to the end user. It’s honestly my favorite survey tool and I’ve used a countless number at this point. When I joined my current organization, I was able to consolidate 6 different survey tools into just using Typeform while maintaining/exceeding requirements.

What feature would you love to have that we don’t support at the moment?

I would love love love love love partial responses. This is the biggest gap in the product today. GetFeedback uses a similar approach to Typeform in that it’s one page one question but they can record partial responses.

Right now the approach of splitting surveys into smaller sections and doing redirects works but it’s not easy and you still lose feedback. I’ve shared this feedback a lot and would love to hear others take on this feature request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Rishabh! Happy that you shared your use case, thanks for that. Just to let you know, I passed your feedback to our product team. 😉

By the way, do you have any forms that you can share with us? We'd love to take a look at them and give some constructive feedback. 

Hoping you have a great weekend! 💪🏽

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone, Glad to meet everyone.

I use Typeform in the following cases:

1 -  A/B Testing of our products and services (constructive feedback)

2 - To obtain more information about customers (small and medium-sized businesses) before I have my first meeting with them.

Product1: https://www.thenavigo.com/

Product2: https://www.see-docs.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @patrickbiyaga awesome thanks so much for sharing! 

It’s great to hear that you’re using Typeform for feedback and research. Is there anything you’ve learned along the way so far? Would love to hear more about how you’re sharing your typeforms too if you want to dive a bit deeper 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @patrickbiyaga These are some nice-looking forms! Thanks so much for sharing. I have the same questions as @Grace !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @patrickbiyaga awesome thanks so much for sharing! 

It’s great to hear that you’re using Typeform for feedback and research. Is there anything you’ve learned along the way so far? Would love to hear more about how you’re sharing your typeforms too if you want to dive a bit deeper 😊

Hello @Grace I hope your week is going well.

- By sharing the link directly

- Or by sharing the website directly.

It turns out that in an environment where building a company headquartered elsewhere is still not very well understood, you simply have to change environment! I'm working on it while continuing to build.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @patrickbiyaga awesome thanks so much for sharing! 

Hello @Grace I hope your week is going well.

- By sharing the link directly

- Or by sharing the website directly.

It turns out that in an environment where building a company headquartered elsewhere is still not very well understood, you simply have to change environment! I'm working on it while continuing to build.

@Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Keep us updated with updates, @patrickbiyaga ! I’d love to see how your typeforms evolve.