Workshop

Rewatch the workshop: How to fix form drop-offs and boost completion rates 🚀

• 27 November 2023
  • 8 replies
Rewatch the workshop: How to fix form drop-offs and boost completion rates 🚀
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey all,

Greetings from icy Ottowa 🧊 Yesterday I hosted a workshop with the Typeform team where I presented tips on how to analyze drop-offs in order to improve form conversion.

Thanks to everyone who showed up on the day. For those of you who couldn't make it (or if you want to rewatch the session) here's the replay:

Here's a recap of what we covered:

• High level review of things that cause form and survey abandonment
  • How to track period-over-period drop-offs using Typeform's Insights features + Google Sheets
  • An exploration of some of the things you can do to reduce drop-offs in your typeforms
  • Q&A where we discussed mobile optimization, creating reports in Google Sheets, and more!

As I mentioned in the workshop, I'll be back in January to report on the change in drop-off, so stay tuned to this post for an update :)

For more advice on getting the most out of Typeform, check out this tricks and tips series I've started on my own site (i.e. not affiliated with this community). 

Hope you find the insights useful. Let me know in the comments if you have any follow-ups or want to share your own solutions...

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can’t wait for this one to come round @john.desborough Question insights is an under-used feature of Typeform but using it wisely can make such a huge difference. Excited to see you lay out your approach 🤗

@Meikel Upstarer here’s that workshop I mentioned the other day when you were asking about how to reduce drop-offs 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Looking forward to this @john.desborough it’s gonna be another good one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tagging in @Darnell too just in case you haven’t seen this one! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Tagging in @Darnell too just in case you haven’t seen this one! 😁

Thanks for the tag @Grace , as I didn’t know about this event until just now. Let me sign up now while it’s still fresh!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tagging in @Darnell too just in case you haven’t seen this one! 😁

Thanks for the tag @Grace , as I didn’t know about this event until just now. Let me sign up now while it’s still fresh!

Nice one @Darnell! See you in the chat haha 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much for regaling us with your insights (yet again :P) @john.desborough we really appreciate the care you put in to help people tap into Typeform’s potential 💛 Loved the session - this will be super useful for anyone struggling to get form completions :) 

Thanks a lot also to @Grace and @Liz for helping to make this such a slick session!

Looking forward to hear what other’s thought of the workshop...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Great, in-depth job, @john.desborough! Nice to peep your teaching style and get some game from you on how to improve those completion rates.👏🏾🤩

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A really nice simple way to get the most out of your forms, thanks again @john.desborough for taking the time to share all your learnings! 🎉

Looking forward to seeing how those updates do over the next month!