Answered

Partial Completion

Userlevel 2

Can TypeForm show the data if a user only partially completes the form and leaves before pressing “send”.

This tool is available on other platforms which is especially useful for NPS surveys where they have a score then some follow-up questions.

Or do we have to do this in stages? (not optimal!)

icon

Best answer by Mariana 15 February 2021, 17:52

View original

152 replies

Userlevel 2

Confirming that I have switched to another paid product and no longer use Typeform because of this. 

Badge +5

Confirming that I have switched to another paid product and no longer use Typeform because of this. 

😥 Always sad to see off a Typeform creator. We wish you all the best, door is always open for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PeterCBOgrants @octern @Christoph Just wanted to let you know that I’ve checked with product on this, and it’s still something they’re scoping out, but they haven’t finalized when/how they’ll work on it yet. I know that’s not a secure answer, but do know it’s still on their radar!

E.g.: A user filled the form until the 4th step and didn’t continue for some reason (might be like the last step was so hard to fill), can I still collect the lead data until the 4th step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eternacrm I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Exciting news for many of you! The product team is starting to work on the partial responses feature, and they need your feedback! Check out the post below. 😀

Hola necesito ayuda urgente, saben alguna forma de enviar datos de un formulario sin que sea procesado? Por ejemplo, el usuario escribe su nombre y su correo electrónico, necesito que se envíe esa información sin que el usuario complete el formulario y lo envíe, saben de alguna forma? ya sea con alguna herramienta. Pero sin tener que hacer un formulario para cada campo, ya que se recargaría mi página.

-- Google Translation -- 

Hello, I need urgent help. Do you know of a way to send data from a form without it being processed? For example, the user writes his name and his email, I need that information to be sent without the user completing the form and sending it, do you know of a way? either with some tool. But without having to make a form for each field, since it would reload my page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Josué Medina Guerrero I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great news — you can track & view partially complete Typeform responses in <90 sec (using some third-party software):

Simply copy & paste this tracking code into Google Tag Manager, add GTM to your Typeform, and you’re all set! Short demo linked below

Now you can recover partial entries & abandoned forms from Typeform in just a few clicks :)

Typeform also saves incomplete responses in the browser by default, so returning users can pick up where they left off. Hope this helps!

@Matthew @Kristy @Mariken @scoop @Elle_RevelCPA @Bjoern @CatLang @Fleura @Motje @CG2021 @Pauline C @Corey.Lien @RWW @Talespin Research @sii @Jevgenij Razgulin @abhinav_13 @Audrey Frederick @Fabrice B @Romgal @honestcanuck @Ptochos @deannaz @Emplate @Rick @jzhuat @Berend O @Plantable1 @damian1022 @eunsung @Fglace @WOOP @brice_ankor @insiteful @Kevinliba @PeterCBOgrants @ehsan.jahandarpour @octern @Christoph @eternacrm — you might find this interesting!

Userlevel 1

I am a paid user— I have Qualtrics for free from my organization, but I’m using Typeform and just subscribed 2 days ago because of the nicer UI. After read every single post in this thread, I must say I can’t believe that after 12+ months, the dev team still haven’t solved this problem and added this feature. @Liz do you hear the users crying for this feature? Also working at a startup, I can’t believe Typeform doesn’t care about user feedback even though so many people are crying for this feature and say this is one of the top 3 priorities for many customers. Your company has raised $187.3 MILLIONS already (according to Crunchbase), and yet as a survey company, you can’t fix the problem of capturing partial data, which other competitors offer, even though it’s been more than 12 months?

Unfortunately, in my case, my respondents simply forgot to click the submit button! It is not about consent at all, and let’s not make it a moral argument. It’s basic user psychology. The form has been such a smooth experience of pressing enter after enter (which is what makes typeform great), that they thought when they reached the end of the survey, they thought they were done!! They did not realize this page is different—they must hit the SUBMIT button!!

Please please please fix this. Otherwise I will have no choice but to switch to a competitor.

I spent 20 minutes of my time adding my 2 cents to this thread because I do love typeform (again, just paid for the business plan), and I’d hate to abandon it because of this very silly reason. It is not the lack of the feature per se that is terrible; it is how long it takes the dev team to get to this despite so many requests that breaks my heart.

We are currently conducting a non-anonymous survey. I see in the report that some have started the survey but have not ended it. How can I see who these respondents are? They do not appear anywhere in the reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @Tracey_Sarah . 😁 As noted in the post below, this is something our product team is looking into and if we have any updates, we’ll post them here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @KarineDe I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It is an absolute must that Typeform deploys a more seamless solution to allowing a longer Typeform to assure collection of the data at different “checkpoints” in a partially completed Typeform. Piecing together 2 or 3 separate Typeforms is cumbersome, just another moving part to manage and not the most elegant experience for the viewer.

How about simply making an option available in Typeform to add a function to force the collection of data up to that point when they click one of the transition buttons after a question and then let them continue on in the same Typeform questions. If they abort, you have assured collection of data to that point. And perhaps there could be multiple data collection points to assure our efforts using Typeform are being rewarded with that valuable information even in the case of a Typeform participant not reaching the finish line. 

VOTE for this feature, it is mission critical and the $$$$$ value of lost leads and never getting that information is huge. 

Typeform, please add the feature, it can be done and not too difficult.

PS, I own a software and programming company and we’d be glad to help for free to outline the scope of work and what needs to be done to deploy this valuable must-have function of all Typeforms. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @PeterCBOgrants @octern @Christoph Just wanted to let you know that I’ve checked with product on this, and it’s still something they’re scoping out, but they haven’t finalized when/how they’ll work on it yet. I know that’s not a secure answer, but do know it’s still on their radar!

Any update on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SJD I do not have any further updates at this time. As always, I’ll post any new updates here. 😀

Userlevel 1

Please assist, i urgently need access to my partial completed data, how to i get access to this

Userlevel 1

😵 OMG

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m actually working on creating separate smaller Typeforms and stringing them together whereas the end of one leads to the beginning of the other. It can be done in a way that the person completing the Typeform does not even know (which is important). I’ll report back when I’m done and share how I did it with the community, and how effective it is. The good news is early on it looks very promising once you get the logic setup right. Not as easy as just being able to have a button flags as time to collect and send the data within the same Typeform but achieves it in a different way. 

Userlevel 1

Hi SJD, thats exactly what i ended up doing - made two forms one with only the bare essentials for a lead and then the second part where most fall away - so lets see how it works out.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yeah, I’ll report back too, mine is going to be 3 Typeforms so I’ll have 3 places where I capture the data. The first is super short (email, first name) just to ensure I get that, then I go for more data. I use InfusionSoft so I’m creating different campaigns based on how far they get through the process.. to sort of urge them along. It’s a lot of logic to keep track of both in Typeform and InfusionSoft, but I’m hopeful once it’s done that the automation let’s me work on m golf game more :) 

Good Luck,

This is a real concern

This is a real concern for us too, I am a returning custommer, I was looking to get back on typeform but I will have to go to another worst competitor because that is a too big deal.

Please Typeform, listen your users

Has there been any more progress on this please? Just considering moving to typeform from Wufoo, and am surprised this feature is not here yet.

Is it possible to see results from initiated but not finished questionnaires ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @elisonv I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀