Barception

Show first post

982 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What a view @Gabi Amaral and glad you felt well enough to head out for some fresh air! And a 100-kim bike ride @john.desborough !? Wow!!!

We wrapped up in our final weekend with my in-laws who were in America for the past 3 weeks. Dined. Relaxed. They did some shopping. And now it’s back to the hustle for a few more weeks.

Bidding you both an amazing week ahead!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral that view looks amazing!! Hope you had fun and hopefully you’re feeling better now! ⛰

The weather in England was actually pretty good, colder than expected for this time of year, but the sun shone all weekend so I’m not complaining, and I got to have hot cross buns and my mum’s homemade lemon meringue pie which is always a winner! 

@john.desborough I used to love playing with Barbies, but I fancied myself as a hairdresser when I was younger and would regularly chop their hair off 😂 always regretted it haha! Sounds like an epic bike ride, hope the knees are feeling less creaky today! 🚲

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don't mind the cold as long as it's sunny, @Grace! I think in Barcelona is also colder than expected for this time of the year… 😔

@Darnell Ah, it must have been amazing to have them over! I love to show my city to foreigners! 

@john.desborough I'd love to be like you one day! I love bike rides but I don't think I could do this kind of ride, my legs wouldn't follow me...Hehehehe 😆

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Last Sunday I met with one of my friends from Typeform for lunch. We went to a vegetarian restaurant that I had never been to before, here in Barcelona. It was delicious! It’s called Fat Veggies

What I liked the most is how they use different ingredient combinations that you may have even considered before. When I first read the menu I was a bit confused. Cauliflower with white chocolate, what? Somehow they make it work. Highly recommended!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - lol.. my legs are fine.. just don’t ask me to salsa dance with you: that would kill me!! 

@Ethan M. - that sounds like a great combo. As someone who has gone plant-based and is always on the look out for interesting things that restaurants do that I could repeat at home, I love to hear about combinations that are weird but tasty. 

One of my fave spots here has an appetizer they make that is wonderful - walnuts coated in maple syrup and chipotle pepper, then roasted in the oven and served warm. Sweet, spicy and waaaaay to addictive.. They serve it with a (vegan) dijon mayonnaise … my 6 yr old often swipes the dish of the mayo and will dip any fruit or veggies she has into it.. 

now i wanna go make some walnuts!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh @john.desborough that sounds delicious, great idea for an alternative snack! 

@Ethan M. I’ve been to Fat Veggies, it’s really good! Love all the different flavor combos and the fact that most of it is done on the grill, giving it that charcoaled edge! 

How was everyone’s weekends? The sun came out over here and I went on a hike down the coast with some friends 🌞

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow @Grace! Such a beautiful and calming place! 

I'm just passing by to wish you all an incredible weekend to you all! It's one of my last ones here in Brazil, so a bit of a bittersweet feeling! 

Any interesting plans for the next days? @Pako69 @Liz @TimWinkler @Silvio Ribeiro 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just picking up on a previous thread: what are you reading today?

I just re-read “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance” by Robert Pirsig … for about the 10th time, i think…. I first read it in 1977 in the middle of my high school years (45 years ago - holy crap) and for the first time since Pirsig passed away 5 years ago. It’s still a great read, imho. 

If you are under 40 and have not read this one, give it read. It will help explain a lot about us crusty curmudgeons.. lol.. 

cheers.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It sounds like an interesting book, @john.desborough! Will add it to my list!

I just started reading "Liquid Love: On the Frailty of Human Bonds" from Zygmunt Bauman. Lately, I've been trying to understand this concept and why it became such a huge thing in our society! 

What about you @Grace @James @Darnell @Pako69 @Michaela? Have you been reading anything interesting? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral that sounds like a fascinating read! I’m still reading multiple things simultaneously and have now added The Nolan Variations: The Movies, Mysteries, and Marvels of Christopher Nolan by Tom Shone to my current reading list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! Finally over the cold I had the last week and a half, so I’m back to life! I just got about 100 pages into the book Little Fires Everywhere, and I’m not totally sure if I like it yet, which has nothing to do with the adaptation of it. 

I’m late to the party, but I need to try out Fat Veggies, @Ethan M. ! I need to see what that cauliflower is about! What did you end up trying there? 

I discovered this week that Margaritas flights are a thing, shown below, with a friend of mine while in LA. This looks dangerous, but I don’t even know if they really had any alcohol in them. 😂 On the bright side, the flavors were really good!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great to see you here @Liz! And these margaritas are definitely a thing! I was drinking a lot of Caipirinha in my last weekend in Brazil, now I'm back to Europe (in Lisbon, might even go to Ramiro! Hehehe) and I'm sure my drinks will change a bit! 

And how was your weekend? Anything interesting or unusual? @john.desborough @Paulo @Michaela @Darnell 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, great to have you back, @Liz  and thx for the updates! Holy Margaritaville!

@Gabi Amaral how were your travels? Wow, you are doing some serious nomadding, it seems, ha! We had two 2 bday parties to attend on Saturday, so we merely traveled between neighboring cities and had quite a bit of fun.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral you know, pics or it didn’t happen! 

If you go to Ramiro, we need to see what you eat!

@Darnell That’s a lot of birthdays in one weekend. 😅 Did their birthdays actually happen to be those days, too? Or just celebrating on the weekend? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - glad you made it back to Europe! that’s a good start.. 

@Darnell - seems like birthdays were on the calendar this weekend.. my eldest daughter is now 30-something and her little sister enjoyed filling in  her “big sister’s’ tattoos with some colours yesterday.. the first weekend in months where both days were sunny and the first Sunday we were able to sit outside.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes. back to Europe! Hopefully, I should meet some Typeformers that are based in Lisbon! If this meeting happens, I'll definitely post a photo here! 

That's a lovely photo, @john.desborough! 😍 Your daughters and your wife are beautiful, congrats! 

Two birthdays in one day @Darnell? Such a popular man! Hehehe. Love it! 

@Liz As soon as I have nice pics of Lisbon, I'll post it here! Promise! 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz both have the same bday but both celebrated their bdays the day before their actual bday, unbeknownst to one another, as they don’t know one another, lol. Crazy, right?

@john.desborough yes, quite a weekend for bdays! Great fam pic featuring some of the women in your life!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough aw! They look so cute!!! 

@Gabi Amaral I remember there were a few out there, but not sure if they still live there or work for Typeform! It’s so cool how we’re spreading out everywhere. 

@Darnell Ah! What a coincidence! Nothing like a good birthday celebration. I hope you had lots of cake!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Helloooo! Just passing by to ask how was your weekend? Anything interesting? @Liz @john.desborough @Darnell @Michaela @Angie @the conservative @Murilo Webber @Olgasolo 

I went to a beautiful beach nearby called "Ribeira D'Ilhas" and had a wonderful time with friends! Here's a photo of it: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - that’s a lovely beach.. 

was Mother’s Day here so it was a day to treat mom to a ‘day in the city’ including the opening day of the farmer’s market here.. 

Badge +5

Looks like summer has arrived to Canada!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Looks like summer has arrived to Canada!

@Gabriel  - seriously… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz surprisingly, I didn’t have any cake, ha! First bday, there was some, but I was too full and for the 2nd one, there was no cake avail, so….🤷🏾‍♂️🤪

@john.desborough our local grower’s market started this weekend too, how ironic!?

@Gabi Amaral look at that beach! Wow! 🤯 To answer your question, we did a 5K on Sat and did some gardening yesterday while recouping. I don’t have any images of us during the actual race (I didn’t bring my phone), but here’s one of us just before the race. Have a wonderful week ahead, everyone!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Gabi Amaral nothing major, just enjoying the New York air between the mother's day celebrations.... but don't worry we'll pay it off one day....😆

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Dawn) The beauty of the world.