Barception

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12693 replies

Happy Monday, all!

Ages ago when we could work in the office, we used to hang around the Barception - Typeform’s take on a reception with exactly what it sounds like - a bar!

We’re bringing the Barception to all of you, and you can virtually visit it below: 

Think of this as your virtual meeting space where you can say hello in the morning and goodbye in the evening, talk about what you’ve got planned this weekend or what your favorite beverage of choice is, morning or night!

I’m currently drinking iced coffee today - what about you all?

982 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell How dare they not have any cake! 😂 What are you two planting in the garden? 

@john.desborough aren't the warm weathers (finally!) so nice? I just got back to Chicago on Sunday and was shocked I didn’t need my jacket! 

@the conservative Nothing like a good new york breeze! Are you in the city or elsewhere in the state? 

@Olgasolo Oh! This is beautiful! Where is this? 

Over the weekend, I was in Barcelona (but not for Typeform!) and went to see the sunrise early Sunday morning with my friend. It’s not the best photo because I was really tired, but here it is ha!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Absolutely @liz, I'm not in the city I'm in upstate, the real New York is over there that's I can tell you...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz right!? How dare they!? Always when you want some, there isn’t any. Got me feeling like Milton from Office Space, ha!!

Oh and we’re planting a couple varieties of tomatoes, some jalapenos, lettuce, and herbs. Love your Sunday morning at the beach photo, BTW!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Can I take a moment to say that you folks at Typeform are incredible humans with warm souls and that I quite fancy this community like… a lot?👏🏾🤩

I’m so grateful to all of you (including those who don’t work at TF/VA) who make this community a safe, cozy, enlightening, rewarding little corner of the internet.

You all deserve all the awards and abundance this world has to offer! This is a special place and you all are special people. Additional shout-out to some legends in the game: @Gabi Amaral @Grace @Liz @john.desborough and @Gabriel 

Have an awesome weekend ahead, everyone!

Badge +5

Hey @Darnell that post made my day, man. I can’t stress enough how happy I was to read it. 

Have a wonderful weekend you legend. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This message made my day as well, @Darnell! I'm very happy that you are here with us! You bring such a positive vibe and always make us smile! 😃

Wishing you and your beautiful wife an amazing weekend! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell - i’ll drink to that… 

thanks for the props and welcome to a great ‘family’ here at Typeform.. 

have a fab weekend when it gets to your fingertips.. 

des

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Can I take a moment to say that you folks at Typeform are incredible humans with warm souls and that I quite fancy this community like… a lot?👏🏾🤩

I’m so grateful to all of you (including those who don’t work at TF/VA) who make this community a safe, cozy, enlightening, rewarding little corner of the internet.

You all deserve all the awards and abundance this world has to offer! This is a special place and you all are special people. Additional shout-out to some legends in the game: @Gabi Amaral @Grace @Liz @john.desborough and @Gabriel 

Have an awesome weekend ahead, everyone!

@Darnell  Your reflecting what we all feel about typeform, a loving worm family connected to one another.
Thank you all guys, its not by accident!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell First, I closed the tab before I actually posted my response last week, but thank you!! This made my day, and we’re happy to have you (and everyone else!) here. It makes our jobs much more fun!

Also, let me know how that lettuce goes for you! Once during the pandemic, I grew lettuce with my Aerogarden but it grew so fast, I finally had to stop growing it since it overtook my living room. 🤣

@john.desborough that doesn’t look like nearly enough coffee!

@the conservative thanks for being part of our community, too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabriel @Gabi Amaral @john.desborough @the conservative @Liz glad I could sprinkle a little joy on your day!

And yes, will let you know how the lettuce turns out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just passing by to let you know I had a pretty nice weekend in Lisbon. Wanted to share a photo with you! 

What about you? How was your weekend? Missing to chat with you! @john.desborough @Darnell @the conservative @HarborCityHealth @guidowalter @jswartz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - we had a vicious, violent thunderstorm come through the area Saturday afternoon - it was actually a series of thunderstorms, almost tornadoes and microbursts. Knocked out power to about one-third of the homes/businesses in Ottawa (180k ‘buildings’ out of power Sat afternoon and only 97k out now) and it will be several days maybe a week or more to get it all back to normal. 

in our neighbourhood only our street had power - 10 houses out of 200-ish - and it was widespread across the city. Lots of trees down around the hood but nothing down at our house, no damage. I set up a table in the garage with a coffee maker, kettle cups and 10-outlet charging station for folks to come and keep connected lol. 

We had folks over for dinner on Sunday because they were out of power then… AND still are out.. here are a few image of trees in the hood… 

to give you an idea of the windspeed of the storm: it went through the farming area where my father lives (knocked over a maple tree that was 6 feet in diameter) at 2pm and went through our area at 4pm. He lives 600km away…. there is a swath of tree damage in a straight line from there … it was incredible.. measured over 125 miles per hour winds here … 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral - we had a vicious, violent thunderstorm come through the area Saturday afternoon - it was actually a series of thunderstorms, almost tornadoes and microbursts. Knocked out power to about one-third of the homes/businesses in Ottawa (180k ‘buildings’ out of power Sat afternoon and only 97k out now) and it will be several days maybe a week or more to get it all back to normal. 

in our neighbourhood only our street had power - 10 houses out of 200-ish - and it was widespread across the city. Lots of trees down around the hood but nothing down at our house, no damage. I set up a table in the garage with a coffee maker, kettle cups and 10-outlet charging station for folks to come and keep connected lol. 

We had folks over for dinner on Sunday because they were out of power then… AND still are out.. here are a few image of trees in the hood… 

to give you an idea of the windspeed of the storm: it went through the farming area where my father lives (knocked over a maple tree that was 6 feet in diameter) at 2pm and went through our area at 4pm. He lives 600km away…. there is a swath of tree damage in a straight line from there … it was incredible.. measured over 125 miles per hour winds here … 

Oh no! So sorry, @john.desborough Glad you were able to provide for some people during this tough time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral that’s definitely a nice view!

Nothing too crazy this weekend. Got a friend a beer for his bday and then cooled out a bit on Sunday. Back at it today though, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell - lots firewood soon to be available..lol.. that white house in the pic actually had a second tree fall across the hydro line at the rear of their property - tore the line and the end sparked a fire in the tree… two firetrucks were there all evening putting out the fire.. 

the little one here is happy: school closed today due to lack of power.. and no virtual school possible.. poor girl.. 

des

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Gabi Amaral Wow, its really nice, and your right, we need to chat more with you guys its a real pleasure, come on all in @Liz @Gabriel @James @Darnell @Grace , I feel so sorry for you @john.desborough  hope you neighborhood will recover soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@the conservative - thanks.. a few more days till they get the hydro back.. but the city just delivered a tank of propane to every house on our street.. lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow @john.desborough that sounds like a crazy storm! Hope things are coming back together now, so lovely to hear you set up a coffee and outlet station for people, I bet that was well appreciated! 

We had a storm last night in Barcelona (nothing like yours Des!) but it’s cleared the air a bit and washed away the ridiculous amount of pollen in my street that was causing some issues for my cat haha! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@john.desborough Hahaha... don't throw it away, you can still use it for a barbecue one day....

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Wow! Those must have been some intense storms. Glad you are all ok over there! Are they still doing the construction there all hours of the day with the trees down? 😂

@Gabi Amaral It looks beautiful over there! How’s the weather been? 

@Grace That poor cat! Does your cat sneeze and whatnot because of the pollen? 

@Darnell another birthday?! 😅

Last weekend, I went hiking with a friend in Griffith Park, which was supposed to be a cloudy day and then ALL the clouds went away and burned us both badly. This is one case where I will not share photos. 😂 Thankfully, my burn has turned into a nice, but awkward, tan, and it’s a holiday weekend here in the states. Perfect timing for me to even out all the lines!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh no @Liz! Nothing worse than getting caught out by the sun on a hike! 🦐 hopefully you’ve been able to even out the tan lines this weekend 😆

I went on a hike too yesterday, caught the train down the coast and walked up back along the cliff tops. The sea was looking so turquoise 😍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - yeah the construction is going on.. different stages of what they are trying to do, so at the moment they are starting to dig the trench for the train line to go under the roadway about 100 meters from the house. and removing all the rock overnight (bulldozers, excavators and dumptrucks)….

But I took the afternoon yesterday to take part in a Taiko drumming workshop. Yes, I got to bang on the drum. (no one was injured lol) and it was a lovely lot of noise. Now to figure out how to get one in the house here and keep the ladies and the neighbours from calling the noise bylaw folks lol

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey everyone! Any recommendations on nice brands to prepare cold tea/infusions? Too hot here in Barcelona already 🙅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh @john.desborough that looks like good fun! We need some video footage of you in action! 🥁

@Ethan M. not sure about brands but I like to add some mint, cucumber and lemon to my water for a refreshing infusion! 🥒🍋

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough  Oh, I’m sorry for the thunderstorm. Based on your behaviour here in the Community (always helping everyone), it’s expected you would help out your neighbours. During tough times, it’s beautiful to see how charitable some people can get! 💙

@Darnell You must be the most popular man in town! Hahaha. So many birthdays and events! If I ever visit you over there, I want to be invited to one of these! 😂

@the conservative how are things over there? Did you have a cool weekend? 😅

@Grace  Wow, beautiful sea! What’s the name of this place? 

@Liz Hahahah aaaah, I’m sure you look beautiful with your tan! I hope you have enjoyed the holiday. Resting or going out? 

My weekend was pretty quiet, I watched the final match of the Champions League and was supporting Real Madrid (Basically because of Vinicius. I follow his career since he was a boy because he started playing football on my Brazilian team, Flamengo!). Other than that, just hanging out with friends!