What features would you like Typeform to have in the future?

Show first post

198 replies

Userlevel 2

It would be SO so helpful to be able to upload current surveys (hosted on other platforms) to Typeform to help ease the migration process. We currently use Google Forms for our surveys and it took me about an hour just to migrate one survey to Typeform.

I would like the minimum number of steps on the opinion scale to be 4.

We hope that the maximum number of characters in the opinion scale label will be larger (e.g. 50). It's 24 now… too short. :cry:

Badge +5

It would be SO so helpful to be able to upload current surveys (hosted on other platforms) to Typeform to help ease the migration process. We currently use Google Forms for our surveys and it took me about an hour just to migrate one survey to Typeform.

I think @Liz mentioned this is in the works!

Ability to make the navigation arrows bigger! We’ve heard from users that they can be hard to see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The ability to redirect a user on form completion to different URLs based on answers to previous questions. Eg. User 1 selects A > redirect to URL A. User 2 selects B > redirect to URL B. This is very useful if you’re trying to qualify a contact or want to give users different content based on what info they have provided. 

@kpaxman - actually this is possible using logic/branching (which is available on paid plans, check the level of plan you need). you just need to create different ending pages for the logical paths and from those different ending pages you redirect as necessary/required

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

to answer some of the date validation/selection comments/questions across various threads in the Community, maybe providing a calendar widget on the date question page (toggle on/off in settings?) would be a big benefit

• ensure that dates are entered in consistent format and structure
  • ‘validates’ the date being entered

my tuppence for a Saturday morning 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

The ability to redirect a user on form completion to different URLs based on answers to previous questions. Eg. User 1 selects A > redirect to URL A. User 2 selects B > redirect to URL B. This is very useful if you’re trying to qualify a contact or want to give users different content based on what info they have provided. 

@kpaxman - actually this is possible using logic/branching (which is available on paid plans, check the level of plan you need). you just need to create different ending pages for the logical paths and from those different ending pages you redirect as necessary/required

des

Hi Des,

Thanks for your response. This is more of a compromise as it still requires the user to click a button to access a link. What I would like is an automatic redirect to a specific URL on form completion based on their responses without the user having to click a button. There is the functionality for one redirect and I’d love it if they could expand this out to more redirects based on logic.

Userlevel 1

We use typeform for Event Requests within our organization.
We would like to ONLY allow requests that are 4+ weeks out.
Would love to have a “calendar/date” question that DOES NOT allow the date to be selected within a certain time frame.

Thanks!

Would love to have a “calendar/date” question that DOES NOT allow the date to be selected within a certain time frame.

Thanks!

Agree! Was coming here to add the same request. We are similarly trying to filter customers who had their last appointment more than 4 weeks ago. Would be amazing to set logic based on dynamic dates i.e., continue to next question if appointment date < today()-4weeks. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

Agree! Was coming here to add the same request. We are similarly trying to filter customers who had their last appointment more than 4 weeks ago. Would be amazing to set logic based on dynamic dates i.e., continue to next question if appointment date < today()-4weeks. 

YES. So needed!

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Will it possible to enlarge the navigation arrows and customize them ? It is an important feature, I think...

I have a form with a few date questions: one is for date of birth and another is for a future start date. I’d like the dates to be easier to fill out by setting the DOB default date to 30 years ago and set the start date to be the beginning of the next month.

I have seen multiple responses come in where they don't bother to click all the way back through the years to their actual year of birth.

YES PLEASE TYPEFORM - do this already for goodness sake. Such a small change but a big impact for all of my participants. I’m questioning why I didn’t go with Survey Monkey at this rate vs paying to work around with these unnecessary restrictions.

Userlevel 2

We need more fine-grained control over certain design elements. One of the main problems with Typeform designs is the readability, due to the text opacity being 0.7, for example. It makes it very illegible with certain background images, which themselves have no opacity control either (yet ought to). 

In fact, why not just add a way to enter custom CSS? This would be a super easy way to override the defaults without adding new UI features and complexity.

A mobile app would be super beneficial to have.

We print out all of our responses and it would be incredibly helpful if there was a print icon available on mobile.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, this is probably really straightforward, but when you are creating a quiz quickly, it would be really helpful if tab actually took you from one section in a question to the next.

For example, if I am typing the question header and want to jump to the description, I shouldn’t have to use my mouse.

A small improvement that could make a big difference in my opinion.

Thanks,

J

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi - when making long quizzes or ones with logic jumps (for example where you copy a solution into two statements - one which is the correct answer and one which is wrong) it would be great if you could copy the source formatting into the new question or statement instead of having to redo it every time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jmariwala thanks for posting in the community! :) I added your feature requests here where we’ve got a list going, and feel free to add any others that you think of!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @Liz .

One more request - or what seems to be a bug.

Certain formatting changes revert back (undo themselves) when you make changes in a live question, and then hop to any other question or statement and back: underline, and numbered lists just don’t stay. The indentations in the numbered lists disappear. Also makes it painful to then add to the list later.

Userlevel 1

Simple addition:

Ability to be able to ask for email/phone number in one question/one slide. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

It would be VERY useful to be able to auto detect if respondents are on a mobile or on PC, in order to redirect each group of users (mobile VS PC) to a different question or a different Thank you screen within the same typeform. 

I think this would of great help for every app developer using Typeform, enabling us to use the usual deeplinks for mobile respondents and other alternative links for PC respondents.

Thank you :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Plus : semantic analytics of answers would be great, too!
(for open questions, “Other” options or commens - eg. starting with a word cloud visualization, where we could at least detail the count/% number for terms that were most often used in the response)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

There are a lot of things that you clever developers take for granted. Your interface is super easy and fun to use (ditto to complete!) But your back-office stuff and help centre isn’t quite at the same level. And that’s a problem for people like me who aren’t techie nerds. I’m a secretary made good virtual assistant. I understand marketing, presentation, impact, ease of use, time to complete, etc. But I know naff all about workarounds and code and logic etc. All I want to do is for you to receive an email address, send a ping and go yep, that’s a valid email address. I don’t want to have to do it, and I don’t want to interrupt the flow of the quick survey to do the validation that a ping from you would do easily… So I want to see email validation -- and if I ask for the email at the top of the survey by the time it gets to the end and the system checking all the questions have been answered correctly, you’ve also checked the email address. Simples!

ALSO, the trick with the “OTHER” field is really neat! Why don’t you do the same thing with the hidden fields, and let us pop the utm_source stuff in one which can be hidden on the Welcome screen. Or have them as a series of radio buttons which you click to select your source, and when it’s a live survey, they become invisible to the person completing the form.

My survey took next to no time to create (well, after I finished drawing the icons and the Cilla Black chair, etc.) But learning how to share it has taken twice as long, and I’m still not sure I know how to add a utm source code! Sorry guys, you have to make this stuff easier for folks like me.  THANKS!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarah-Jane I totally agree with you - having an email validation would be really helpful and should be easy to setup. Nobody wants to use code or long logics for it!

As for the UTM variables, I commented on your other post - happy to help figure that out there for you! :grinning: