What features would you like Typeform to have in the future?

Show first post

198 replies

1. ​​​​​​A social security formatted question 
  2. An international address lookup

Our biggest drop off in form is date of birth. This is because the mobile date picker that is native to iOS (maybe android too?) defaults to today and is confusing for people to navigate back several decades (seriously. try it for yourself).

I wish we should change the date field to suppress the mobile date picker. Basically treating it as a numeric field rather than date.

Userlevel 1

I’d love the ability to set it so that the font for questions and the font for descriptions/body text/answer text is different

We have a form to customize their purchase (which has been done in another Typeform form with Stripe integration. Anyone know how to link the two answers?).

The customization form asks for quite an amount of info in different contexts, and right now it’s info we do need to store. We like the clean Typeform interface of 1 question at a time, but it can be a bit confusing to customers to know contextually where in the form they are, what’s next and if they actually can go back and modify data (most don’t realize or understand the arrows).

Having a lateral “menu” or something of the sort would be really useful in the process!

Don’t know if this already exists, but is there a way to send a link to a form with already prefilled variables?

In our case, after the purchase form we send a link through email to the customization form. But when they enter there, we have to ask email and personal data again so that we can link together both answers. Is here an existing way to do this?

If not, having a way to link answers would be very operational for us

I really need the ability to give a member on my account Workspace Owner privileges so that he/she can move typeforms among workspaces.  It is not feasible for me to be the only person in the company that can do this.

Badge +5

I really need the ability to give a member on my account Workspace Owner privileges so that he/she can move typeforms among workspaces.  It is not feasible for me to be the only person in the company that can do this.

Thanks for that info @JackieG . I believe this already possible depending on plan. @Mariana will be able to confirm :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JackieG. I'm happy to clarify that for you =) 

The person who creates the workspace becomes the workspace owner automatically. This means that, if another member of your account creates a workspace, then this person will have the privilege to move the forms there. Below you can compare the actions available for each type of member:

Screen_Shot_2020-02-17_at_2.26.44_PM.png 

Hope this helps! 

I understand, but sometimes people leave an organization and new people come in and I need to delegate workspace ownership to the new person so that they can move and delete typeforms. I, as the account owner, don’t want to be responsible for this across the whole org.  

A way to make select characters invalid on input for text responses. 

I wish we can use a group of questions un one page. Not a  single-page form, just show a group of questions isntead just one question, sometimes is useful. Thanks

I’d love to rearrange the order my workspaces appears or at least sort them alphabetically.

personalize email of the sender for the respondent emails when users submit the form.

Is there plans to make Typeform available in Japanese? I mean, not the form language, but the platform itself. 

Userlevel 1

It would be great to be able to reorder typeforms within a workspace. Some of my workspaces have > 10 typeforms and being able to order them would help me out alot. 

The ability to have more than one question on a page, primarily for collecting user details, eg name, email, telephone.

I was really surprised to find this wasn’t supported, especially when collecting a bunch of yes/no questions. What I wanted to do would have been a screen or two, but will instead end up being a dozen. The response I’ve seen citing engagement seems a little dismissive, as if there is a one-size-fits-all approach to something as broad as collecting data.. I suspect it’s entirely a technical issue. Someone didn’t think ahead.

In terms of options you can have on your form, there are two I would like to see added. One would be time. At the moment you can select a date or a number, but not time. That would be nice. But mainly I’d like to see google maps pin drop location added. Our form is used for recording lifeboat callouts and having a pin drop attached to each would be amazing. Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @calum welcome to the community! The map feature isn’t one we currently have, but I’ve added your suggestion here. Let us know if you have any others!

I would REALLY value being able to choose how to order the Typeforms within Workspaces (and the Workspaces themselves within Typeform).  TBH having them ordered by date created doesn’t help me in the slightest.  Alphabetical option would make life so much easier, PLEASE!  

Thank you!

Uploading multiple files in a zip or on a single page. Thanks.

This is a vitally needed feature.

Would be nice to be able to upload all images for a picture multiple choice question at the same time and then choose if you need to go in and edit the pictures or not, rather than having to upload each one individually and then come back out of the image editor (which it’s nice to have, by the way!) each time.  Would save lots of time.  Thanks!

Hello, here are some amazing ideas :)

• the redirect on completion on a new page so the visitor can come back toour website
  • the ability to click on the greeting message to open the chat (in the chat embed mode )
  • the ability to create some basic landing pages as a welcome screen so we can avoid using other software
  • the ability to show many questions on one page
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

When you ask: List your top five <whatever> you should be able to have a one line text box that’s fillable.

Eg. Question: List your top 3 favourite cars.

Answer:

1: Audi

2: Aston Martin

3: Tesla

And the answer has a line for each list entry so the respondent can clearly see that there are ‘X’ number of items in a list to fill in.

I love Typeform in so many ways, but this seems to be a major Achilles’ heel, which has been difficult to explain to stakeholders.

On an incident report form I’m developing, we need to collect several sets of date/time information from the user. But from what I understand about Typeform’s current data-type limitations, collecting this bit of data can only be done via 3 questions (and hence, 3 separate screens).

1. Date
  2. Hours (using Number format)
  3. Minutes (using Number type)

While I love the simplicity of Typeform and how it makes forms “bite-size,” this particular method of collecting date and time information over a series of 3 questions/screens every time seems counter-intuitive and quickly becomes tedious if there are multiple date/time questions.

Compared to most widely available online forms where date/time information can be provided as part of a single question or step, Typeform’s three-question implementation sticks out like a sore thumb. It unfortunately takes one of Typeform’s strengths and turns it into a glaring weakness. 

Even the current workaround of using two Number fields is not ideal from user experience perspective.

• When a user is prompted to type in the HOUR or MINUTE, the input field appears wide, and users may be mistaken in assuming they can enter more than 2 characters. Only on validation will they see the error that the input information is not accepted. 
  • I also have to add instructions “Enter HOUR in XX format” and “Enter MINUTES in XX format” which adds additional wording which should not be necessary to begin with.

It would be wonderful if, especially on mobile devices, that you had a special time data format which utilized the phone os’ built-in time selector dials.

And beyond that, when the form results are collected in a connected spreadsheet, the date-time information is stored in 3 separate columns, even though all spreadsheets can support date-time data in a single column. 

Again, I love Typeform in so many ways, but this is such a glaring, counter-intuitive weakness it seems, and I’m having some difficulties explaining this to stakeholders. Is there anything I’m missing?

Thank you so much!

Pat

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AzureBlue Thanks for stopping by the community! I added your post here where we have a thread for feature requests. :) Let us know if you think of any others!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I love Typeform in so many ways, but this seems to be a major Achilles’ heel, which has been difficult to explain to stakeholders.

On an incident report form I’m developing, we need to collect several sets of date/time information from the user. But from what I understand about Typeform’s current data-type limitations, collecting this bit of data can only be done via 3 questions (and hence, 3 separate screens).

1. Date
  2. Hours (using Number format)
  3. Minutes (using Number type)

While I love the simplicity of Typeform and how it makes forms “bite-size,” this particular method of collecting date and time information over a series of 3 questions/screens every time seems counter-intuitive and quickly becomes tedious if there are multiple date/time questions.

Compared to most widely available online forms where date/time information can be provided as part of a single question or step, Typeform’s three-question implementation sticks out like a sore thumb. It unfortunately takes one of Typeform’s strengths and turns it into a glaring weakness. 

Even the current workaround of using two Number fields is not ideal from user experience perspective.

• When a user is prompted to type in the HOUR or MINUTE, the input field appears wide, and users may be mistaken in assuming they can enter more than 2 characters. Only on validation will they see the error that the input information is not accepted. 
  • I also have to add instructions “Enter HOUR in XX format” and “Enter MINUTES in XX format” which adds additional wording which should not be necessary to begin with.

It would be wonderful if, especially on mobile devices, that you had a special time data format which utilized the phone os’ built-in time selector dials.

And beyond that, when the form results are collected in a connected spreadsheet, the date-time information is stored in 3 separate columns, even though all spreadsheets can support date-time data in a single column. 

Again, I love Typeform in so many ways, but this is such a glaring, counter-intuitive weakness it seems, and I’m having some difficulties explaining this to stakeholders. Is there anything I’m missing?

Thank you so much!

Pat

I totally agree with you @AzureBlue Typeform’s simplicity is harming the flow of the user. This is also the case with contact details like First and last name, phone and email. There should a contact form question where we can choose which elements we ask of the respondent. Great post and I hope the developers take these requests seriously as they will improve their overall solution.