Feedback
Solved

Decimal point numbers in a number question

• 25 February 2021
  • 14 replies

Hello,

I'm thinking about creating a typeform for an e-commerce site, where users will be able to create a complaint about their orders, however, not all products are sold as integer values, some of them are sold by weight, and so, I need a number question to allow people to enter things like 1.7 or 2.3.

I this possible on Typeform? I wasn't able to find a way to do so.

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 February 2021, 17:15

Hi @Carlos Bernal thanks for stopping by! We don’t currently support decimals, I’m afraid, and the only workaround for this would be to change the numbers to whole numbers. 😞 Though, thanks for sharing your use case here because this helps give us a better understanding of how you’re using decimals in the form!

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos Bernal thanks for stopping by! We don’t currently support decimals, I’m afraid, and the only workaround for this would be to change the numbers to whole numbers. :( Though, thanks for sharing your use case here because this helps give us a better understanding of how you’re using decimals in the form!

Can this be changed to accept decimals, currency, and/or percentages? I am using a number field that I would like to format to pre-format to accept USD values, but it looks like it only takes whole numbers.

Example:

Question:

How much do you spend on car insurance each month?

Answer: (pre-formatted with USD/decimals)

$

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Merrik Added your question to this post here to be updated should we add support for decimals! :) 

Just adding a +1 to this. Being able to accept decimal numbers would be very helpful!

I would also like to see decimals added as they are such a vital part of price calculation.  Thanks!

Can I also please request this!? Has this been an absolute oversight? How can you do calculations without decimal points? :face_palm_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you all for the feedback and requests - we’ve shared them with product. :grinning: While I don’t have any updates at the moment, when I do, I’ll comment back here!

This is also a problem for us. We need decimal. Text is a problem for integration and for the customer that can give us a data that is not only a number. @Liz please, tell Product that this is a completely must! Thanks a lot

I also need to be able to use decimals - only whole numbers seems way too basic for an otherwise very useful tool - I have to instead use a short answer option and then of course there is no option for calculations… :(

En efecto, poder introducir decimales es una funcionalidad básica que echamos en falta de este maravillosa plataforma. ASAP! 

Another +1 

Userlevel 1

+1 for me too please

Likewise - not having the option to add a decimal number is a feature we would have expected in 2001, not 2021.

Yes - we would like to add decimals also. In fact what we are really looking for is a currency field but a number field that allows decimals would work.