Barception

Show first post

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you’ve all had a good week. Is anyone out there celebrating Halloween this weekend? What are your plans (will you be dressing up as a zombie squirrel @john.desborough?)

@Grace and I are currently hosting an unofficial Typeform Community Halloween office party with some very special – guests Spooky Suzie (@suzieq)  and Gruesome Gabriel (@Gabolino). We’re having a frightfully great time here as you can see 👻

Talking of Halloween, there’s still time to enter our spooktacular Halloween typeform competition – you could win a year’s supply of Typeform, or one of several cool runner-up prizes. Enter here (if you dare):

Love those names and costumes! No plans as of yet for us but somebody around here will probably throw a party, lol!

Just now learning of this spooktacular TY comp. I might enter that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey everyone! Happy hump day 🐫 

Yesterday was a holiday here in Spain so I went on a road trip with some friends around Priorat which is a beautiful wine region just a few hours from Barcelona. We stopped off and had lunch here in Gratallops, and had some great views of the vineyards 🍇 

How’s the week going so far @john.desborough @Darnell @Mikkel @James @Liz @the conservative ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

looks lovely @Grace my view was more of getting a roof replaced all day. after the eviction of the squirrels, by removing the deck, it was time to replace the roof underneath.. lol

not quite as nice as a winery view.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

How’s the week going so far @john.desborough @Darnell @Mikkel @James @Liz @the conservative ?

@Grace wow, look at those vineyard views!! Looks like you had a blast.

@john.desborough see, that’s why I don’t do remodeling and construction and my wife’s up here asking can we start a remodeling project.🤦🏾‍♂️😜

As for me, over the past few weekends, there’s been banana bread, cauliflower wings on rice, and views from our back porch, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough another layer to the squirrel saga 😂 hope you got the roof replaced ok and it hasn’t uncovered anything else to do! 

@Darnell ooh the banana bread and cauliflower wings look delicious! And what an autumnal view from the porch, I wouldn’t mind eating banana bread there! 😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@john.desborough another layer to the squirrel saga 😂 hope you got the roof replaced ok and it hasn’t uncovered anything else to do! 

@Darnell ooh the banana bread and cauliflower wings look delicious! And what an autumnal view from the porch, I wouldn’t mind eating banana bread there! 😍

@Grace well come on over, friend! We love cooking for our guests!🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Grace well come on over, friend! We love cooking for our guests!🤗

I’ll hold you to that @Darnell ! Maybe one of these days I’ll get over to your side of the pond to hang out 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace yeah, buddy! And even if we come to your side of the pond, we’ll still cook for you, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Grace yeah, buddy! And even if we come to your side of the pond, we’ll still cook for you, ha!

I think the wings would be a great snack at the tiki bar! 🍹

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think the wings would be a great snack at the tiki bar! 🍹

Boom boom, shocka! (My way of saying, ‘damn right!’, haha.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Morning all. Week is going well thanks @Grace - been spending more quality time (both high and low 😝) with my son this week as my wife is away this week. It’s actually surprising how different the dynamic is when you’re solo parenting – gives me even more respect for single parents!

@Darnell those cauliflower wings are a thing of beauty. I’ve never even heard of them as a concept before but they look finger lickin’ good. I wish you could send taste digitally through the internet as I bet they were incredible 🤤🤤

How is today going for folks? Anyone learned anything revelatory? I learned that there are more unique chess games possible than there are electrons in the Universe ♟️ No wonder it’s one of my favourite games (even I totally suck at it!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Morning all. Week is going well thanks @Grace - been spending more quality time (both high and low 😝) with my son this week as my wife is away this week. It’s actually surprising how different the dynamic is when you’re solo parenting – gives me even more respect for single parents!

@Darnell those cauliflower wings are a thing of beauty. I’ve never even heard of them as a concept before but they look finger lickin’ good. I wish you could send taste digitally through the internet as I bet they were incredible 🤤🤤

How is today going for folks? Anyone learned anything revelatory? I learned that there are more unique chess games possible than there are electrons in the Universe ♟️ No wonder it’s one of my favourite games (even I totally suck at it!)

Yeah, I’ve always imagined that solo parenting is drastically different than co-parenting, so it’s interested that you noted that too.

Cauliflower wings are a pretty respected snack/meal here in on the east coast. They’re not found at too many restaurants in my city but we can make them whenever we want and they are as delish as they sound, ha! They’re also versatile in how they can be cooked: air-fried, baked, fried, etc. Here’s a recipe for you…

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/cauliflower-wings

Today’s just starting on my side of the globe and it’s so far going well. As for revelatory news, most recently I had no idea that certain animal species can be extremely kind and selfless to other animal species, when I originally thought they generally looked out for themselves.

I saw videos of things like a squirrel helping some ducklings cross a street by nudging them (and holding up traffic, ha!) and a duck feeding some fish (using its beak to transfer seeds to the fish’s mouth like they do for their chicks).

I adore content like this and it’s the type of stuff that just brightens up my already optimistic days.

BTW, do we have to tag members when we quote them and respond, for them to be notified that there’s a reply, as I’ve done above @James ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell @James - cauliflower wings are a ‘staple’ here for me … my fave restaurant here in Ottawa, Pure Kitchen, does up a Korean BBQ cauliflower wings dish that is to die for … or rather to live for, in order to eat time and again. I’ve never been able to get it exactly duplicated at home, but watching ‘the game’ on Sundays with some wings and beer is still possible for this plant-eater lol.. 

btw - the dish looked great @Darnell 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There’s a good vegan burger place in Barcelona that does cauliflower wings, I’m yet to try them but the burgers are good so I’ve got high hopes! Thanks for sharing the recipe @Darnell I might have to give them a try! 

There’s also a brunch spot here that does mushroom wings which are incredible! I think it heavily relies on the sauce too though, their homemade bbq sauce is really good!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Darnell @James - cauliflower wings are a ‘staple’ here for me … my fave restaurant here in Ottawa, Pure Kitchen, does up a Korean BBQ cauliflower wings dish that is to die for … or rather to live for, in order to eat time and again. I’ve never been able to get it exactly duplicated at home, but watching ‘the game’ on Sundays with some wings and beer is still possible for this plant-eater lol.. 

btw - the dish looked great @Darnell 

Aren’t cauliflower wings some of the best thing ever, John!? Korean BBQ ones!? Ohhhhhhhhhhh! 👀

And yes, football food on Thursday nights and Sundays in our household! We are about 90% vegetarians and 10% pescatarians so I totally feel you on that plant-based life, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There’s a good vegan burger place in Barcelona that does cauliflower wings, I’m yet to try them but the burgers are good so I’ve got high hopes! Thanks for sharing the recipe @Darnell I might have to give them a try! 

There’s also a brunch spot here that does mushroom wings which are incredible! I think it heavily relies on the sauce too though, their homemade bbq sauce is really good!

Grace, you better try those cauli-wings if their vegan burgers are *that* good, ha!!

And mushroom wings!!!??🤯 Mushrooms are my favorite and I have never thought to turn them into wings but I wanna try those sooooooo much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Grace, you better try those cauli-wings if their vegan burgers are *that* good, ha!!

And mushroom wings!!!??🤯 Mushrooms are my favorite and I have never thought to turn them into wings but I wanna try those sooooooo much!

Ooh yes @Darnell ! I think they work best with something like a portobello mushroom. This place does them with a breadcrumb batter coating and they’re soooo good! They also do a burger version of it, very tasty! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ooh yes @Darnell ! I think they work best with something like a portobello mushroom. This place does them with a breadcrumb batter coating and they’re soooo good! They also do a burger version of it, very tasty! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace ..

what @Darnell said.. or showed. 

coming up 10 am and i am already hungry now… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good golly, who knew so many things could be/have wings?!! You’ve all given me a darned good culinary schooling today. Thanks so much for the recipe @Darnell – I’m so gonna try this at the weekend. Why do I have the feeling I’m gonna be southern frying everything I eat by the end of the month?! 😝

BTW, do we have to tag members when we quote them and respond, for them to be notified that there’s a reply, as I’ve done above @James ?

Regarding the above, yeah I believe people only get notified if you @mention them in the post as you’ve done. You don’t necessarily need to use the quotes thing for them to be notified, but I think it’s good etiquette :P

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Regarding the above, yeah I believe people only get notified if you @mention them in the post as you’ve done. You don’t necessarily need to use the quotes thing for them to be notified, but I think it’s good etiquette :P

damn @James - i guess i break etiquette constantly.. but it does keep the thread shorter.. in some cases.. 

besides, beer batter and spices can make anything ‘wings’ lol.. even eggplant if you shape it right lol

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi guys. Sorry for not checking in, i’m extremely busy right now with election day coming up. @Gabi Amaral @Darnell @Liz @Grace @James @john.desborough  how is it going? How are the preparations for the holidays going?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi guys. Sorry for not checking in, i’m extremely busy right now with election day coming up. @Gabi Amaral @Darnell @Liz @Grace @James @john.desborough  how is it going? How are the preparations for the holidays going?

@the conservative all is well over here! Holiday prep is going in a paced fashion thus far but my wife will see to it that the steady pace I like will be speeding up sooner rather than later, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi guys. Sorry for not checking in, i’m extremely busy right now with election day coming up. @Gabi Amaral @Darnell @Liz @Grace @James @john.desborough  how is it going? How are the preparations for the holidays going?

Hey @the conservative good to see you over here again! Hope it’s all going well your end! 

And hope everyone had a good weekend 😁 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy New Week everyone! Nice to hear from you @the conservative - prep for holidays is going OK. I’m heading back to the UK for 2 weeks over the festive period which will be nice. Just need to find someone to house/cat sit while we’re away – so if anyone knows of a tidy cat lover who would want to spend a fortnight hanging out in the Catalan countryside Iet me know 🐈‍⬛🏡