Barception

Show first post

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well folks it’s been a minute! 

How are we all doing? I feel like this chat has been well and truly neglected and I would like to try and revive it! 

So, first up, Happy Halloween! 👻 Here’s a pic of a few of us taking meetings very seriously…

Is anyone going trick or treating later? Or has anyone been up to anything fun over the past few weeks/months? 😅 @john.desborough @Darnell @Liz @Gabolino @Gabi.Amaral @James @Michaela 

hahaha. A horrifically fun work meeting indeed. I particularly liked @Cat ‘s invisible pillowcase woman outfit and @Jon’s impromptu scarf-based mummy.

Would love to know what fun things others are up to so I can live my Halloween vicariously through you. I shall be stuck inside living in fear of the return of my current worst enemy….head lice

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace @James - this is the weather we had yesterday morning … today it is currently 0C ...forecast high of 1C

will be a chilly night ...the wee beastie wants to go out as Elsa the Cat-masked Queen … and I am supposed to put on my tux and go as Jeeves. 

Y’all keep warm and ghoulish .. though i might throw up the ‘story’ from last year’s Hallowe’en contest to scare a few new Community members.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is this snow or frost @john.desborough ? Either way it looks like you’d be better off going as one of the characters from The Thing, way snugglier than a tux.

If it makes you feel better, it’s dipped down to 19 degrees C here today 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Is this snow or frost @john.desborough ? Either way it looks like you’d be better off going as one of the characters from The Thing, way snugglier than a tux.

If it makes you feel better, it’s dipped down to 19 degrees C here today 😆

snow sir… about 2 cm of the blessed stuff.. lol.. by the time it stopped

as for your cold snap, I am sure you will overcome - worst case, break out the parka for san mig time in the garden… lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough that sounds incredibly chilly, agree with @James maybe you need a warmer costume - abominable snowman? Bigfoot? 

I’m dressing up as Moira Rose from Schitts Creek when she’s in The Crows Have Eyes - possibly a niche costume but it’s one of my favourite shows so I’m excited to give it a try! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace I absolutely LOVE that Zoom screenshot of all of y’all!!! One of my favs ever; way too hard to pick a fav costume, ha!

No trick or treating later for me, but I will be on the porch with a big basket of candy for all the kiddos, lol.

@john.desborough “whoa!” to that snow, Dez! Quebec also got its first snow the other day, so I guess it’s going all around Canada. Meanwhile, here in NC, we’re having 70-degree temps all week except for today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell any plans to dress up while handing out the candy?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Here’s a snap from Halloween ‘18 when I dressed up and went full-method acting as Thanos (was-right-all-along) and my neighbor was Gamora (unplanned, BTW)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell pics of tonight’s costume or it didn’t happen!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Here’s a snap from Halloween ‘18 when I dressed up and went full-method acting as Thanos (was-right-all-along) and my neighbor was Gamora (unplanned, BTW)

That is so cool @Darnell!! 

@Liz are you and the dog getting dressed up? 🐶

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Darnell pics of tonight’s costume or it didn’t happen!

@Liz you’re not wrong, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Darnell any plans to dress up while handing out the candy?? 

@Grace Not this year, I don’t think, but if I do dress up, snaps will be taken, ha!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Aaah you all look marvelous! Hahaha this year I haven't been to any Halloween party. Honestly, it's not as big here in Brazil. 

I do have some exciting news to share, I'm taking 3 weeks off in November and I'll go to Asia!!! At first, only Vietnam and the Philippines. Super excited! I feel I've been working a lot in the past months so I can't wait to rest for a bit! 

Missing you all! How are things in the States, Canada and Spain??

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral snow is starting to fall here.. that trip sounds wonderful!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

last night was the wee one’s first trip door to door to collect.. too cold for just the Elsa dress, so she went as Elsa the cat witch princess.. 

lots of goodies.. more than mom wants her (or me) to eat but the little lady is very reasonable about having only a few smarties from the box  at a time.. 

that skeleton was about 3 m or 10 feet tall.. i want one.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That is an epic skeleton @john.desborough I would want that one too 💀

Also love the costume mash up to keep warm, great thinking!

As promised I went as Moira Rose from Schitt’s Creek: 

Managed a respectable second place in the costume contest! @suzieq came first as the Queen of Hearts! 

@Gabi.Amaral that trip sounds incredible and very well deserved! You will have to share pics with us and tell us all about your travels!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Holy smokes @john.desborough  have you been digging up coffins in the NBA graveyard? That thing is insane!!! Are those blue lights in the eyes or are they just holes? How do you even get it to stand? So many questions!

@Gabi.Amaral awesome to hear from you, hope all’s well in Brazil. That sounds like an epic (and well deserved) adventure. I’ve never been to South East Asia but hear it’s incredible, so I’m soooo jealous.

@Grace congrats on the second place. I can only imagine how good @suzieq ‘s outfit must have been to top that one (care to share a piccy Suzie?) 

@Darnell that’s an amazing outfit. Have you checked on those infinity stones recently? Hope they’re all still there 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Love all these Halloween pics; keep ‘em coming, ha!

@James well, I used the stones to destroy the stones. Keeping them around served no purpose other than temptation.

The effort nearly killed me. But the work is done. It ALWAYS will be. I am…

inevitable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - awesome version of the character. 

@James - not mine but i wish i had one…. the lights were green and pulsating … very spooky… it’s on the shopping list and supposed to be going on sale shortly… but even at half price, is $500 worth spending to make folks scream ?? probably.. evil laugh.. 

@Darnell - what we face as consultants, right? this too is …. inevitable

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough a skeleton like that deserves to stay up all year round, that way you really get your money’s worth! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone! 

How’s it going? How did everyone enjoy their Thanksgiving breaks? 

@Darnell did you have another friendsgiving? Anyone got any good foodie pics to share?! 

Over on this side of the pond, I wasn’t celebrating but I did go on a little winter adventure to the mountains - we did a lot of hiking which got a bit tricky in places with the snow. Was definitely feeling it Monday morning!

Gorgeous spot though! 

@john.desborough @James @Michaela @Harsh @Liz how were your weekends?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - beautiful scenery.. almost like around here .. bits of snow coming our way soon.. lol I spent the weekend cleaning out the garage - i won’t subject you to that scenery.. lol.. maybe this weekend.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha yeh maybe that activity wasn’t picture worthy but I’m sure it was pretty satisfying to have a clear out @john.desborough! Hope it’s not getting too chilly round your way...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi everyone! 

How’s it going? How did everyone enjoy their Thanksgiving breaks? 

@Darnell did you have another friendsgiving? Anyone got any good foodie pics to share?! 

Over on this side of the pond, I wasn’t celebrating but I did go on a little winter adventure to the mountains - we did a lot of hiking which got a bit tricky in places with the snow. Was definitely feeling it Monday morning!

Gorgeous spot though! 

@john.desborough @James @Michaela @Harsh @Liz how were your weekends?

@Grace those mountain pics are GORGE AF!! Absolutely beautiful.

Yes, we did Dipsgiving again; here are a few pics and we won an award this time, ha! On the menu was mac & cheese dip, thanksgiving herb crostinis, and sage-infused apple martinis.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Holy smokes @Darnell!! That all sounds incredible and the mac and cheese does look outstanding! 🤤

Love the fact that you were giving out awards, what other categories were there??