Barception

Show first post

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@James @Liz @Grace @Darnell 

I’m down at my winery client today and they opened up the wood-fired pizza over in time for Mother’s Day here in North America. I know the backyard at @James place has the bar, but I am thinking one of these pizza ovens would turn the joint into a hopping weekend hangout… (I’m trying to figure out if I can legally have one in my backyard….my wife thinks I’m nuts but….)

y’all have a great weekend. 

@john.desborough look at that pizza, wow! How was it? They better not have issues with you installing a pizza oven, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow @john.desborough that looks like an ideal addition to a back yard! Wood-fired pizza is the best, how was it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough that looks amazing! What a photo. How on earth did you take that photo ha? Now I have a reason to come up there to visit! I’m heading to Italy today and my Canadian friend is meeting me there, so I feel almost like I’m semi in Canada, too! 😀🤣

@James @Grace I realized we didn’t get a photo together this weekend. Were we really even together?!

I did eat pulpo a la gallega in honor of @Gabolino (and it was so nice seeing you this past week!) over the weekend, so maybe that counts. 

@the conservative glad to see you’re back! Hopefully being busy is a good thing. 

@Darnell don’t even get me started on mac and cheese!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m down at my winery client today and they opened up the wood-fired pizza over in time for Mother’s Day here in North America. I know the backyard at @James place has the bar, but I am thinking one of these pizza ovens would turn the joint into a hopping weekend hangout… (I’m trying to figure out if I can legally have one in my backyard….my wife thinks I’m nuts but….)

OMG @john.desborough this looks amazing. I agree, this could be the perfect feature for a garden. We’re actually looking for a summer project to work on now that the bar is complete, this could be just the ticket 🍕 Sorry to hear you’re having to spend some much time with your wine client, sounds like an absolute nightmare 😂

@Liz yeah that octopus looks incredible 😵 And yes, I don’t remember us having any photos taken - even all the candy you so kindly brought over is becoming a distant memory after my son invited 10 of his friends around yesterday…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What about the photo booth pics @Liz ! Do you still have those?! 

That looks like some tasty food there, last week went by in a blur I don’t think I took many photos at all which I guess is a sign of being very present in the moment!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@john.desborough that looks amazing! What a photo. How on earth did you take that photo ha? Now I have a reason to come up there to visit! I’m heading to Italy today and my Canadian friend is meeting me there, so I feel almost like I’m semi in Canada, too! 😀🤣

@James @Grace I realized we didn’t get a photo together this weekend. Were we really even together?!

I did eat pulpo a la gallega in honor of @Gabolino (and it was so nice seeing you this past week!) over the weekend, so maybe that counts. 

@the conservative glad to see you’re back! Hopefully being busy is a good thing. 

@Darnell don’t even get me started on mac and cheese!

That's a fancy version of Pulpo a la Gallega! As long as it's soaked in olive oil and paprika should be good 🐙

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

OMG @john.desborough this looks amazing. I agree, this could be the perfect feature for a garden. We’re actually looking for a summer project to work on now that the bar is complete, this could be just the ticket 🍕 Sorry to hear you’re having to spend some much time with your wine client, sounds like an absolute nightmare 😂

@James - criminal isn’t it?? worst thing was, i came home with a half dozen of the newly bottled pinot noir courtesy of the good folk there. now to wait 18 months to crack the first one. antici…

pation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Now, that’s what I’m talking about… how our neighbourhood ‘soft serve’ ice cream joint is working to lock in some business.. lol.. 

@James .. should 1?? lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OMG this is a real no brainer @john.desborough. One ice cream per day is an amazing deal – I wonder if it includes sundaes...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

nah.. the BonDeluges are cones with toppings like oreos, chocolate bits etc.. 

but with the missus out of town for 10 days, i was thinking that the wee beastie and i could each subscribe, have the cone-per-day and then give it up when mom comes home.. save a few pennies and none the wiser.. lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

nah.. the BonDeluges are cones with toppings like oreos, chocolate bits etc.. 

but with the missus out of town for 10 days, i was thinking that the wee beastie and i could each subscribe, have the cone-per-day and then give it up when mom comes home.. save a few pennies and none the wiser.. lol.. 

Mum’s the word @john.desborough 🍦

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy Friday lovely people! 🎉

It’s been awful quiet over here 😲 I think we’ve all been busy bees and dropped the conversational ball a bit!

So how’s doing? @Darnell @john.desborough @Liz @Harsh @jeremielp @Gabi.Amaral @Gabolino (I won’t tag James as he’s currently out road trippin’)

Anyone got any fun weekend plans? I have friends coming over from the UK so I will be playing tour guide a bit! 

We’re going to check out a virtual reality exhibition on Salvador Dali and of course will be eating paella by the beach at some point!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

In actually in London on a work-cation trip. Enjoying the parks and the cool weather 

Took this pic in Richmond 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh that looks lovely @Gabolino did you get out in a boat? 🛶

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And if you got a boat, why weren’t we invited, @Gabolino ?! 😱

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabolino - now i have a Lyle Lovett song in my head ( If I had a boat….) 

looks like fun though.. 

@Grace - just a layabout weekend planned … at least in my head …. but likely to be full of keeping the ladies entertained running about the markets and playgrounds.. lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I hope you get to layabout for at least a few hours over the weekend 😆

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

No, I was just sitting on a bench ... Also this happened while I was there. Someone forgot the Thames has some pretty wild tides 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabolino - too funny.. there are some really neat places near Lime House Cut on the Thames that have some ‘fun things’ happen when the tide comes in.. one spot i remember there was a canal boat home that the owners had to have a ladder to leave if they did not get out at high tide, when the dock was at deck level… funny to see the entire family of little ones and parents climbing up the ladder to head off to school and the office lol.. 

and if you get to the Wapping area, check out the Prospect of Whitby pub - one of the oldest along the Thames… check out the back of the pub, which is the Thames, and you will see a noose hanging outside - apparently here or very close by, they used to slip the rope around criminals’ necks and have them sit on a crate in a rowboat at high tide and watch as the tide went out and the poor person was left hanging lol.. gruesome but true.. 

the pub does have great beer and good pies though.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy Friday lovely people! 🎉

It’s been awful quiet over here 😲 I think we’ve all been busy bees and dropped the conversational ball a bit!

So how’s doing? @Darnell @john.desborough @Liz @Harsh @jeremielp @Gabi.Amaral @Gabolino (I won’t tag James as he’s currently out road trippin’)

Anyone got any fun weekend plans? I have friends coming over from the UK so I will be playing tour guide a bit! 

We’re going to check out a virtual reality exhibition on Salvador Dali and of course will be eating paella by the beach at some point!

@Grace aaayyyyyyyyyeeeee!!! Sounds like you’ll be up to lots of fun stuff this weekend, Grace! An exhibition on Dali!? Wow, I’d love to see that myself.

As for me, no crazy plans outside of catching up on the remaining Mission: Impossible films (Parts 4-6) ahead of Part 7’s premiere next Tue, ha! So I’m in marathon mode. Nobody does it like Cruise, and certainly, he’s a very dedicated and fascinating runner too, ha!

The weather will be questionable this weekend, so may not be able to hit up our neighborhood pool.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabolino ha oh no sucks for that person and their car! Hope it was a good trip to London, have you got any other summer plans?

@john.desborough what a way to go just standing waiting for the tide 🙈 will make a note of that pub, rarely get to London these days but you never know! Did you manage to get a bit of chill time over the weekend or was it all action?

@Darnell how was the movie marathon? I don’t think I’ve ever watched any of the Mission Impossible movies 😅 it’s very impressive that Tom Cruise does all his own stunts though, I heard he drove a motorbike off a cliff 6 times in a row for this latest one 😱 And he does have a very distinct run… 😂

The Dalí exhibition was awesome, it had one of those immersive rooms where they bring the paintings to life via video and all the walls and floor are screens and then a virtual reality room where they gave you a VR headset and you basically got in the paintings. So clever, would highly recommend! 

Also had some great paella and did a lot of walking around Barcelona, here’s a couple of snaps for proof! 

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is ready to roll this week!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace the Mission marathon went well! I watched 5 of the last 6 in the past several days and am now all caught up in time for the new one tomorrow.

You never saw any of them!? 🤯 And yes, you’re right about the 6 cliff jumps, ha! I think he did over 100 sky dive jumps for the 6th one; dude is CRAZY, lol.

Glad you enjoyed the Dalí exhibition--it sounds SO dope! And the snaps you took prove that it actually happened, so there’s that too.

Paella too? Never had it but it looks yummy for my tummy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I know @Darnell  sometimes movies just pass me by and then time goes on and then suddenly there are 6 in the series and I haven’t watched any of them 😂 glad you managed to catch up though, did you watch the latest yet? 

The paella was delicious, always a go to when people are coming to visit! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace aye, I know how it is for sure; that’s how I feel about Netflix’s The Crown, ha!

I’ll be seeing the latest one in about 8 hrs from this writing.

I have yet to try paella but now I’m very curious about it, lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well folks it’s been a minute! 

How are we all doing? I feel like this chat has been well and truly neglected and I would like to try and revive it! 

So, first up, Happy Halloween! 👻 Here’s a pic of a few of us taking meetings very seriously…

Is anyone going trick or treating later? Or has anyone been up to anything fun over the past few weeks/months? 😅 @john.desborough @Darnell @Liz @Gabolino @Gabi.Amaral @James @Michaela