Barception

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Happy Monday, all!

Ages ago when we could work in the office, we used to hang around the Barception - Typeform’s take on a reception with exactly what it sounds like - a bar!

We’re bringing the Barception to all of you, and you can virtually visit it below: 

Think of this as your virtual meeting space where you can say hello in the morning and goodbye in the evening, talk about what you’ve got planned this weekend or what your favorite beverage of choice is, morning or night!

I’m currently drinking iced coffee today - what about you all?

982 replies

Badge +5

Tell us about that wine! 

Badge +5

Watching this as I sip my cup of coffee 

#communitypower 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I would, but I only travel with a carry on, so I have limited room! :joy:

@Gabriel trust me, better not to know about the wine. It’s basically a watered-down rose, but at least the bottle is a good giggle!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - https://www.homegrounds.co/best-portable-espresso-maker/

i have a Pipamoka for my bike travels these days..  and they sell coffee in stores in most parts of Canada and the US lol

Badge +5

Hope Monday smiled to you all. It’s been quite hectic at this side of the keyboard. 

I wanted to give a shout out to a few folks for earning new badges, including myself :P

• Meaningful

@mathio has earned the badge Meaningful

• Meaningful

@jamesdcs  has earned the badge Meaningful

• Engineer

@Gabriel  earned the badge Engineer

• Influencer

@doume06  has earned the badge Influencer

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hope Monday smiled to you all. It’s been quite hectic at this side of the keyboard. 

I wanted to give a shout out to a few folks for earning new badges, including myself :P

• Meaningful

@mathio has earned the badge Meaningful

• Meaningful

@jamesdcs  has earned the badge Meaningful

• Engineer

@Gabriel  earned the badge Engineer

• Influencer

@doume06  has earned the badge Influencer

congrats to all the badge earners.. wear them well.. 

you too @Gabriel lol.. jk.. you earn it every day

des

Badge +5

Thanks, Des. Im going to wear the night-night badge now. :sleeping:  It’s late over here. 

See ya all tomorrow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo for new badges! What a great way to start off the week!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ornjXIIShZ2MgyyHu/giphy.gif

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy Friday, all! It’s @Gabriel ‘s birthday this weekend - yay!! 

I’m having a tapas night with sangria this weekend, so if anyone has any good recipes, send ‘em my way ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel  - Happy Birthday sir.. we could have had a party call! lol.. enjoy getting older and trying to catch up to this curmudgeon! I will be sure to have a toast in your honour.. ok.. more than toast, I will go with @Liz and make tapas here.. lol

@Liz - i have used almost all of the vegan tapas recipes at this link (https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/tapas-dishes-impress-your-friends/) given my adoption of the Dark Side of plant-based dining lol 

cheers!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh!! This is really great, @john.desborough . Thanks for sharing! My close friend is vegetarian, so I’m sure she’ll love these recipes. 

@Gabriel we’ll have to have digital cake when you’re back at work!

Badge +5

Thanks @john.desborough ! Where’s my digital cake, Liz :heart_eyes:

I had a fab time on Saturday, we went up to Olivella, up the road from Sitges. Sunday wasn’t that fun, my son got car sick and made a huge mess inside the car :nauseated_face:

Im still washing clothes and stuff :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - other than getting the car cleaned, it sounds like a nice way to spend a birthday weekend. I hope the little guy is feeling better today

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ewwwwww!!! 

Also, @Gabriel : 

Badge +5

Happy 5,000 members’ day folks. Will post something later today so we can celebrate properly :ghost:

Badge +5

Wow @vickioneill congrats for the Champions badge!

Champion

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@vickioneill - well done! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’ve been on a brief hiatus at the Barception, but I’m back! And here’s an exact image of me this past week on my days without coffee. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3fPlHQOHUzYRufm7E/giphy.gif

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I can relate. @Liz  . and i think several of my friends thought the same thing: this year instead of getting bottles of Scotch for my birthday i received about 24 pounds of coffee from a variety of sources and friends. 

@Gabriel - this is the one that opened today.. Ecuadorian beans .. by a small shop not far from home.. 

(probably strong enough to help Baby Yoda lift the Tower Bridge in London and drop it in Valencia

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough do they ship?! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I will ask…  @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s Monday, all! And instead of coffee to share today, I have this beer below I tried over the weekend. You can only get it at a chain restaurant here in the states (as far as I’m concerned), but for a chain spot, it’s pretty good! 

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/388412/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - beer is always good.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As you all know my recently new obsession with my Nespresso machine….so more pods came in today!! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i see a walking caffeine-zombie this weekend lol..