Barception

Show first post

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha I’m loving the excuse to drink wine, @Paulo ! How did you make the sardines? I need a good recipe!

Everything is an excuse to drink wine, @Liz ! :joy:
It’s a very simple recipe I found here.

Going to try roast the sardines next time, @Gabriel! And wine...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo @Gabriel - ok i admit that i have to eat my sardines roasted, with dijon mustard, some feta and a few black olives AND cold saki to wash them down.. sometimes i will add some thinly sliced onion and capers… just sayin’.. 

dammit… now i am hungry 

@john.desborough Now I’ll have to buy more sardines. And feta. And black olives… :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'm loving the fact we're still talking about sardines! Haha :laughing: @john.desborough @Paulo @Liz 

Oh, feta is my everything! In fact, cheese is my everything! Yesterday I baked a camembert cheese, then put some honey on top of it. I ate all of it with some toasts with rockets on top! This time I don't have a photo because I was starving! Hehehe. 

I also love to make a blue cheese pate to eat with toasts! Yes, definitely cheese is my life! 

I haven't drunk wine for a while! Any good suggestions of places to try a good wine here in Barcelona, @Gabriel?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @Paulo !! Going to try to make this next week when I’m with my sister - she’s finally gotten into seafood! 

And @john.desborough I can’t stop eating pesto with everything now. :sob: Look at the mess you’ve made!!

@Gabi Amaral Where did you get your cheese in Barcelona? I need to add it to my list whenever I come back ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol @Liz  - gonna burst the pesto bubble maybe … the missus came home with 10 bunches of kale from a friend’s garden and said ok.. i don’t want to eat it unless you do something with it.. (she is not a raw kale fan)

she also brought home some fresh beets. 

so: 

• kale pesto
  • kale hummus
  • beet hummus 
  • AND kale chips with nutritional yeast and chipotle powder … 

it’s amazing how little time it takes to do all that stuff if you put your mind to it.. sort of like decomposing a logic puzzle in typeform.. or at least one that makes sense for me to challenge lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t blame her, @john.desborough , raw kale is icky! (Well, at least I think so.) 

Do you just bake the kale to make the chips? Or any fancy recipes? :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - kale in mixing bowl.. a teeny tiny bit of olive oil if i don’t have a ripe avocado to mash with my hands as the oil, add the seasonings and then bake at 350 for ten minutes .. and start watching to see if it needs longer to get crispy but not burned… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Whelp, I have my weekend plans now, @john.desborough ! Anyone else doing something more exciting than making kale chips like me ha?

If I can find fresh kale in the grocery store tomorrow I'm gonna give it a try, @Liz !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh my God, kale chips sound amazing! Did you end up making them, @Liz

My weekend was about going to the beach and buying some stuff for my house, pretty good! I keep getting darker and I'm having a hard time letting go of Summer! Hehehe. :sunny:

@john.desborough Do you prefer to solve kitchen puzzles or Typeform puzzles? I guess that's a tough one! Haha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - sounds like fun! 

hmmm.. hard to say .. lol.. no not really.. kitchen puzzles first and foremost.. like what happens when you get a box (i mean a big box) of veggies delivered and you want to use them all before they ‘go bad’ …. I’m the sort of person who has about 75 different spices and herbs in the cupboard, 3 or 4 types of oil (olive, grapeseed, walnut, avocado, truffle as well as some Asian oils for my wife’s taste) and loves to mix and match to try and create something that is flavourful and maybe even spicy - for me - and will cook anything: I eat plant-based, whole foods, my wife is Chinese and loves all Asian foods and the little one is still a bit of a fussy eater (texture) but loves chicken as long as it is not too spicy… 

trying to figure out what to cook to feed the three of us leads to sometimes three separate dishes being constructed.. and when we have the extended family over, with allergies and other things, there is always a nice puzzle to solve to ensure that everyone gets enough food, that they can eat, all at the same time.. lol.. 

much more difficult than typeform puzzles.. 

counting freckles is definitely harder than both

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabi Amaral I didn’t end up making kale chips, but instead I took the opposite route and did a mac&cheese bar with my sister….

Ah!! All the household items!! Did you get anything cute ha? 

@john.desborough wow! 75 spices!! Any particular favorites? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, now that you've explained, I agree with you @john.desborough! What a puzzle to solve. I have one question though: Have you figured out one meal that the three of you love? That'd make your life so much easier. And who is the one in charge of the kitchen in your house? You or your wife? 

I enjoy cooking, although sometimes I get a bit lazy with it. When I'm cooking, I can completely disconnect from the world, which is a great feeling! 

@Liz Mac and Cheese, old but gold! It looks tasty actually! Not cute, mostly useful stuff like towels! Hehehe. Oh, I got a nice little lamp that I usually use to read before I sleep. 

@Paulo Did you end up giving a try to the kale chips? I'm curious to see some photos of it!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I’m also curious like @Gabi Amaral to know if you’ve all found a single recipe you like ha! Must be elecletic!

@Gabi Amaral Reading lamps are so cute though!!

@Gabi Amaral Nope! It was raining, and I got lazy, and did not master the courage to go to a different store to look for the kale...:sweat_smile:

Next week! Probably… :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral Nope! It was raining, and I got lazy, and did not master the courage to go to a different store to look for the kale...:sweat_smile:

Next week! Probably… :joy:

@Paulo where can i ship the umbrella … i hear you on not going out in the rain but...it would get us away from our respective desks if we did more of that.. when permitted

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Or we just ship him a really fancy poncho, @john.desborough ! @Paulo 

So true, @john.desborough ! I really need to get away from my desk more often, before I grow roots on the floor.:joy:

@Liz, now I'm dreaming about having a Typeform themed poncho… :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ll take a poncho too @Liz 

@Paulo - think we all need to get away from our desk more often.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'll take a poncho too! Where do I need to sign up for that? :joy:

I always get lazy when it's raining too, @Paulo! I understand your feeling. However, the kale chips sound amazing (I think I'll give it a go when I'm back in Barcelona).

Badge +5

It’s Friday family. Have a good one. 

@Gabi Amaral @john.desborough @Liz Today I have a legit excuse to not set foot outside, poncho or no poncho. In the middle of a typhoon today!:joy:

@Gabriel Everytime someone posts something about being Friday I feel like I missed something. Because it’s already Saturday here… :sweat_smile:

Have a good weekend all!