Barception

Show first post

988 replies

@Gabi Amaral Japan's current constitution doesn't allow lockdowns or others imposed restrictions, so the restrictions are more like ‘request for cooperation’.:sweat_smile:
As the majority of infections have come from asymptomatic young people, living as if we were not in a pandemic, the government is focusing on closing bars and restaurants by 9 pm and having 70% of employees in each company work from home. As far as I'm concerned, I would work from home forever!:laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello there @Gabi Amaral:hugging:

I’ve just come back from Greece *Zorba starts playing in the background* where I spent my days eating tzatziki and baklava, drinking wine and ouzo, swimming in the sea and being all ‘I cannot believe this is SO OLD!’ when admiring the sights, hehe. I had a wonderful time and now I’m back at work, my cup all refilled :tea: :green_heart:

Oh and I was also checking out the ‘Product-or-Community Led: Forecasting the Future of Growth’ event, listening to everything @Gabriel and the rest of the panel had to say. I learned many many new things, a super interesting discussion indeed!

Proof :sweat_smile:

Anyway, back to you - good luck with moving countries! I am super excited for you - what an adventure, right?! I’m also a bit like ‘whoooa, moving, that sounds exhausting’ :sweat_smile: Hope all will be as painless and smooth as possible :relaxed: 

What is the first thing you’ll do once you’re in Barcelona? 

Badge +5

Gosh I love Zorba the Greek. Next webinar let’s make sure we play this music when people are waitin’ to enter the room :D

@Michaela when you are coming to Barcelona for a visit/holiday?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel, the soundtrack to Zorba the Greek is awesome! If I was ever waiting for anything and traditional Greek music started playing, my impatience would be gone immediately. So please, definitely do that :arrow_up::smile:

Oh and that is a very interesting idea you’re presenting here! The truth is I’ve never been to Barcelona :no_mouth: But boy, would I love to go! I think I have a new travel plan, hahah, thanks! We could then actually meet in person and grab a beer or something :heart_eyes: Hahah, I’m getting waaaay ahead of myself :sweat_smile:

I’m here with my first cup of coffee and orange juice for the day!

@john.desborough sounds like you need to get a coffee bar for your place! 

lol.. my wife is suggesting that the aquarium stand in the corner of one the rooms, that currently is used to hold piles of barbie clothes, should be moved into my office/spare bedroom along with the coffee maker.. the drawback is that when we, eventually, have houseguests again, i would have to move the machine out to the kitchen and find space for it.. besides i like getting the steps in on a daily basis from the desk to the machine and back.. 

or an insulated shed/cabin in the back yard where i can go and work, complete with running water so i don’t have to melt snow in the winter lol

i know.. first world issues lol… 

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying your coffee   

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh @Paulo, that's interesting to know! I didn't know that about the Japanese government. Have you the vaccine? How's the vaccination going on in Japan? Well, I'd love to work from home forever as well! Hehehe

Oh...I love Greece, @Michaela! I'm happy you had an amazing time. I spent a whole month over there in October 2020! I remember I had a lot of baklava as well! I also tried a shrimp with ouzo that was to die for! Check out the photo I took for my Instagram. 

I'm down for this Barcelona meet-up! Will be arriving there this Saturday! 

@roninsnowday12 Actually I'm enjoying a glass of lemonade today! What about you? Can you tell us a little bit more about yourself? 

@Gabi Amaral Yup! Just got my second dose last week! Compared to other countries, vaccination lags far behind in Japan...:disappointed_relieved:

OMG! I could almost taste those shrimps!:yum:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo!! Congrats on the vaccination, @Paulo ! And very jealous of your trip to Greece, @Michaela !

I can't stress enough how good it’s to have you back @Liz!:smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yaaay @Paulo! I got the two doses as well! Couldn't be happier about it! :syringe:

OMG @Liz, you have no idea how happy I am that you're back! I hope you enjoyed your days off! :blue_heart:

I'm finally in Barcelona, guys! Had quite an adventure when I was coming here. I was waiting for my taxi to go to the Lisbon Airport, then some neighbors were grilling some Sardines (They eat it with bread. Very typical in Portugal!). They kindly offered some to me and my friends! We even made a video!

I was eating it in the taxi and I ended up eating a sardine bone! I couldn't stop coughing and the driver had to stop so I could buy water. I seriously thought I was going to die! But luckily, here I am! Hahaha.

Then, when I arrived at the airport, I had two pieces of luggage, one with 27kg and one with 19kg (My baggage allowance was two bags, 23kg each). So, I asked them if they could allow both pieces of luggage because one would compensate the other. They didn't! So I got rid of some stuff in the airport. It was like a soap opera! 

Uff… I get tired only by remembering this story! However, I made it to Barcelona and I couldn't be happier! :flag_es:

Now, tell me about your weekend! What have you done @john.desborough @Liz @Paulo @Michaela?

Badge +5

Wow that definitely is a crazy story, Gabi. Lesson: dont eat sardines while on a taxi :D  

Sorry you had to get rid of staff at the airport. When you told me this morning I thought you meant you had to store things at the airpot, I didn’t think you had abandon them! 🧳

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel @Gabi Amaral - i can appreciate the dilemma of what to do.. 

This happened to my wife and I on our way back from Hawaii several years ago - I will regret telling this part of the story but:

• i knew i would be buying some clothes for our beach wedding in Hawaii - in Ottawa we just don’t have the ‘right casual clothes’ for a beach wedding - so i only packed my suitcase half full on the way over. 
  • my wife filled her two suitcases to the brim - i looked for the kitchen sink to reduce the weight but only found about 10 pair of shoes
  • on the way back, my suitcase met the weight limit including the new purchases and some of her stuff. 
  • she ‘expanded’ her cases to cram everything in - 8 pounds overweight on both - and she was frantic about what to do because we had a 3 case limit
  • i opened up my case and pulled out the folded cardboard shipping box, packing tape and pre-printed label for our home address and assembled the box while she took ALL her shoes except for one pair of sandals - we now numbered 26 pair of shoes in total - and put them all in the shipping box: the suitcases met the limit. The shipping box was walked across the floor of the terminal to the post office outlet and i mailed the shoes home. $25 for the shipping cost and they arrived one week later. 

This is a little trick i learned during my travels for work (2.2 million airmiles over 4 years) - always have a shipping box in the suitcase - even the carry-on - that is ready just in case. I put it into the suitcase first, it acts as a ‘backing’ for the clothes that go in on top. I even have one in my computer backpack ALWAYS when i am travelling light.. I never know when i have to ship something home instead of carrying it. 

@Gabi Amaral - sorry to hear you had to abandon those things in the airport. Hopefully they are replaceable. 

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh wow, @Gabi Amaral , Netflix should totally turn this adventure of yours into a mini series or something :sweat_smile: So much stuff packed into so little time! Anyway, it’s great to hear that you’re now in Barcelona, all safe and sound :blush:

My weekend was a lot of fun, thanks for asking! I was at one of my best friend’s bachelorette party. Our present for her (and for us, hahah) was a private wine tasting session. So many delicious Portuguese wines to die for! Well and this was the result :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HAHAHA @john.desborough I have totally done the same thing! When I would spend 3-4 months at a time abroad, I’d either pack a hiking bag to bring back things like clothes/food or ship it back. :joy:

@Gabi Amaral , wow, what an adventure! You’ve had quite the past month hahah! I hope your time in Barcelona isn’t as chaotic but also I hope it is because I can’t stop laughing at the sardines HA!

@Michaela ooo! This looks so fun!! Any favorites from the selection? 

@Gabi Amaral And now I need to go out and buy myself some sardines...:sweat_smile:  As my grandpa used to say, that’s the reason they eat sardines with bread, when you're choking on the fish bone you eat the bread to push it down.:joy:

@john.desborough What a fantastic idea! A folded cardboard shipping box! I'm so copying your idea.:grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo - i think i have used them about 20 times over the past 25 years of travelling.. but thankful every time.. and packing tape in the computer bag does come in handy at other times ie keeping cables in place in hotel rooms, etc lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It was tons of fun @Liz :heart_eyes: Our favourite was totally vinho verde. It’s the one with the tiles on label :wine_glass:

Hope you thoroughly enjoyed your time off! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I can't believe I never thought about the shipping box, @john.desborough! I'm pretty sure I'll never forget this! :package:

@Gabriel  I only left a pair of sneakers (they were a bit old, to be honest!), a flip flop, and some other stuff I can buy again! No big deal! :pray_tone2:

I swear I was thinking "I can't believe that now, that I'll finally be able to move to Barcelona (after Covid in Italy), I'm going to die because of a sardine bone!" :sweat_smile:  Well, at least I made it! @Paulo 

@Michaela and @Liz I love Vinho Verde, they usually have this refreshing taste! I had two bottles of those on my farewell lunch in Lisbon (shared with my friends, of course)! :champagne:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Aw, glad to hear @Michaela ! Sounds like you need to have more wine nights, bachelorette party or no bachelorette party!

And it’s ok, @Gabi Amaral , you can admit you drank both the bottles. We’re not here to judge. :joy:

@Gabi Amaral I can already see the headlines: “Girl Escapes Covid to Get Caught by Sardine Bone!” :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo HAHAHAHA I can't stop laughing! I can totally picture that! :rofl:

My life has been like a roller-coaster in these last months! Maybe I even create a blog to talk about my stories! Anyways, I'm glad that in the fight Gabi x Sardine Bone, I won and now everything is perfect in Barcelona

I had an amazing dinner in a very cool restaurant in Tibidabo called Mirabé. Take a look at the view and my delicious octopus (Sorry for eating octopus in Catalonia and not in Galicia, @Gabriel :sweat_smile: )

I also started to exercise! Indoor cycling and I'll start a Bachata class! I'm sure that in a few months I'll be even able to host a Bachata webinar for our community! Don't forget to sign up for that, @James, @Liz@john.desborough and @Michaela:dancer_tone1::joy:

Wishing you all an amazing day! :kissing_heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh gosh, you do NOT want to see me attempt bachata, @Gabi Amaral 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahahaha my first class is tomorrow, @Liz:dancer_tone1:

In the meantime, I already found a Brazilian place here with feijoada, caipirinha and samba.@Paulo I'll bring your there when you come to Barcelona! 

This week I'll meet some other Typeformers in an electronic music meditation activity! I'll tell you all about it after! :sunglasses:

@Gabi Amaral Feijoada, caipirinha and Samba? Where do I sign up?:sunglasses:

SUCO sounds like a lot of fun!

After being lightly influenced by someone in this community, I decided to make my own version of sardines with bread this weekend. Also aglio e olio pasta. I know, it sounds like an excuse to drink wine…

Badge +5

That looks yummy @Paulo Sardines are also big in Galicia so I'm drooling just by looking at your picture!