Barception

Show first post

982 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

it’s a lovely busy week building typeforms for clients lol.. 

hopefully the coffee helps you recover @Gabi Amaral 

@Liz You will definitely love Japan! The damage caused by sun exposure has been studied for decades in Japan and the general population is very careful about the subject, so you will find SPF50++++ sunscreen in any drugstore and even in the markets.:sweat_smile:

@Gabi Amaral I was scared at first, now I'm the guy who carries sunscreen in his briefcase to reapply during the day.:joy: 

How was the test? Are you feeling better?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's actually a good thing to have in a culture, @Paulo! Of course too much sun is not good! Oh, I'm feeling better today. My throat still hurts a bit...but I'd say I'm 80% healed! I think the coffee helped, @john.desborough 

I tested negative in a rapid one yesterday, however, I know some people that got the Omicron variant and also tested negative on this one, so I'm not 100% believing this result. I'll be isolated until Saturday and take a new test on Friday or so...it's better! How is your week going? Anything interesting to share with us? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

this is me this morning.. on ground hog day here in Canada (and the US… )

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo I have been wanting to go to Japan for so long! Now I know that when I do go, I should travel with more than a carry-on so I can bring back all the sunscreen. :grinning:

@Gabi Amaral Hopefully you get better soon, whatever it is! There’s also that terrible cold going around - hopefully that’s it!

@john.desborough what is wednesday called in terms of coffee? :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I will test again today just to make sure! Don't want to be irresponsible and leave the bedroom without being 100% is not covid (although I think the Omicron is not always detectable in the rapid test!) 

I think your photo didn't upload, @john.desborough! Want to see the groundhog day!! 

@Michaela and @Olgasolo what do you girls have been up to this week? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'd love to know what Andie MacDowell is thinking by looking at Bill Murray! 

A. Wow, so sexy (and with coffe!) :wink:
B. Oh no, he won't stop and I'll have to put up with him! :tired_face:
C. Is there any alcohol over there? 
D. Take it easy, bro! It should be hot! 

What are your thoughts, @john.desborough@Liz and @Paulo:joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - i think it was more “He wasn’t like this during my onboarding day...”

It’s one of those classic movies that you have to watch over and over again on Feb 2, Groundhog Day, when we find out if the groundhog sees his shadow (six more weeks of winter) or doesn’t (early spring). Sort of like it isn’t really Christmas Eve until Hans Gruber falls off the Nakatomi Tower.. Or The Rocky Horror Picture Show for Halloween… 

but today, since it is Friday: 

Hi

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahahaha, thanks for the explanation, @john.desborough! Will add this movie to my list (but I don't think I can't wait until next year to watch it!). So, how was the weekend? Did you have some fun? :boom:

Welcome to our Barception thread @Ronijan0001! How are you doing today? This topic is where we usually talk about drinks (coffe or alcohol, up to you!) and everything else we feel like sharing! Anything you'd like to share with us! :blush:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Feeling very excited for the weekend today! I'll travel to Ubatuba, a coastal city in São Paulo, this weekend. There are beautiful beaches all over this area, however, it usually rains a lot! As soon as I arrive, I'll post some pics over here! 

What about you @john.desborough @Paulo @Michaela @Soraya_CHOICE @Mica @belinda_long ? What is getting you excited at the moment? Plans for the weekend (and which kind of drink are you planning on having? Haha)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Today I decided to go back to the time when I was a kid and instead of having a coffee, I had a chocolate milk! Hahahaha :sweat_smile: What kind of coffee are you having today, @john.desborough and @Paulo

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sometimes you want to go to a barception where everyone knows the Way!

coffee: big, black and strong as Hercules!

@Liz Make sure to bring a big bag for the sunscreens!:joy:

@Gabi Amaral I'm drinking black coffee this morning, along with the +4 liters of water I need to learn to drink every day...

Badge +5

Is it that sunny @Paulo ? :rofl:  

Water… I don't really track how much I drink, but I guess 4 to 5 glasses. Maybe close to 2 litrs, what’s the latest recommendation? 4 sounds like a LOT!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha you'd have to translate that to us, @Paulo (To make sure we're buying the right sunscreen!)

And yes, 4 liters of water is a lot! Hahaha Last time I checked, I think the recommendation was 2? Not sure! 

@Gabriel In fact, Japan isn't that sunny, we just hate to get tanned.lol

@Gabi Amaral Don’t worry, most sunscreens are SPF50++++ and the differences are more related to brands, textures and ingredients.:wink:

About water intake, the 8 glasses a day (roughly 2 liters) is commonly used because is easy to remember and to use as a goal. However, the number behind it are: 35ml per kg if you’re not very active and 45ml per kg if you’re physically active. Someone weighing 60 kg would be fine drinking 2 liters everyday. Mayo Clinic recomends 3.7 liters of fluids a day for men and 2.7 liters of fluids a day for women, but if you are very active (hitting the gym 4 times a week, for example), eating a lot of protein, supplementing creatine, living in hot or humid weather, you should increase your fluids intake. In my case, I drink 3 liters on no training days and 4.2 liters on training days, respectively 5 and 7 Typeform bottles.:joy:

Badge +5

That’s a very specific water intake recommendation, @paulo. I’ll drink a glass now to following your advice :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, yes, indeed! Very specific, @Paulo! I suppose I should drink more water then. That's not really a problem to me since I usually drink a lot of water (only problem is how many times I'd have to go to the bathroom after! Hehehehe). 

I love that you measure that in Typeform bottle! :joy: Happy to see you're making a good use of it! 

What about you @john.desborough , @Liz and @Michaela ? How many liters of water do you usually drink per day? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol @Gabi Amaral - um.. maybe 2 litres of coffee and 3 litres of water on top of the coffee… When i was riding my bicycle across Canada I used to start the day with 2 litres of water on the bike and would finish it all by the end of the day - you lose more than you think .. lol.. but the bike got lighter as the day went along… 

cheers and hydrate on!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

who wants an earworm?? @James ?? @Liz ? lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol @Gabi Amaral - um.. maybe 2 litres of coffee and 3 litres of water on top of the coffee… When i was riding my bicycle across Canada I used to start the day with 2 litres of water on the bike and would finish it all by the end of the day - you lose more than you think .. lol.. but the bike got lighter as the day went along… 

cheers and hydrate on!

man.. i missed my typ0 here.. started my day on the bike with 20 litres of water… try riding 160km in 30C temps and NOT drinking that much.. lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

who wants an earworm?? @James ?? @Liz ? lol

:laughing:  @john.desborough Happy New Week. I’ve had worse earworms, although I may not be saying that in 5 hours time! BTW, is this earworm available in t-shirt format?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - lol.. i already have a few folks who have registered their 5-hour complaints on my FB feed lol.. 

as for on a tshirt - yessir!  (Toni Basil not included lol)