Barception

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12699 replies

Happy Monday, all!

Ages ago when we could work in the office, we used to hang around the Barception - Typeform’s take on a reception with exactly what it sounds like - a bar!

We’re bringing the Barception to all of you, and you can virtually visit it below: 

Think of this as your virtual meeting space where you can say hello in the morning and goodbye in the evening, talk about what you’ve got planned this weekend or what your favorite beverage of choice is, morning or night!

I’m currently drinking iced coffee today - what about you all?

982 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello my friends! My weekend in Barcelona was pretty cool, I finally made it to the Moco Museum and I have to say that I love it! You can see some photos below:

Oh, and on Friday I met @Grace and @suzieq in a coworking here in Barcelona. Great stuff (of course we've missed @James!). By the way, how was the NFL, @Darnell?? 

How was your weekend, @john.desborough @the conservative @Michaela @Mikkel @Michael.Tanriyo @daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, these look like some neat exhibits @Gabi Amaral - shame I missed your visit but will see you soon! Wishing everyone a very happy and productive week ahead 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral yeah those definitely look like some fascinating exhibits, thx for sharing some snaps! Love museums, I should go more often.

NFL Sunday was pretty decent. We didn’t receive the local channel to watch one of the games I wanted to see and another team I like didn’t play yesterday but it allowed me to bug out on some other teams, lol.

This morning, I’m interviewing an intern candidate, joining an accountability pod, and commencing on a new 9-week training. It’s also a big week with this entrepreneurial online summit going on, so TONS of learning going on this week, ha!

What do y’all have planned for the week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh the Moco Museum looks good @Gabi Amaral I still haven’t been, will have to put it on the list for this winter! Was great to have you here again and get to work in person for a change! 

Hope everyone had a good weekend and is feeling refreshed and ready for action! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello hello all! I’m back on this thread finally! 

Wow, @Darnell , you make me feel like I’m really falling behind today ha! I don’t know how you manage it all. 

What channel are you watching NFL on? I think my friend watches it on Hulu live, but it seems spread out over all the channels now. 

@Gabolino !! You’re back!! 

@Gabi Amaral Everytime I’m in BCN, I tell myself I’ll go to moco and never do. I really need to go! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz So Paramount+ and Peacock TV are airing various games on Sundays. Amazon Prime is hosting Thursday Night Football during the regular season. And Fox hosts our local games.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell Goodness, I need a spreadsheet now for where everything airs ha!

@Gabi Amaral I hope your time off is wonderful! Don’t forget - pics or it didn’t happen! 

Anyone else have anything exciting planned for the weekend? I’m in Los Angeles currently and heading to Minneapolis tonight, but really only to see family and friends. 

@Grace @john.desborough @the conservative @Mikkel @belinda_long 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell Goodness, I need a spreadsheet now for where everything airs ha!

@Gabi Amaral I hope your time off is wonderful! Don’t forget - pics or it didn’t happen! 

Anyone else have anything exciting planned for the weekend? I’m in Los Angeles currently and heading to Minneapolis tonight, but really only to see family and friends. 

@Grace @john.desborough @the conservative @Mikkel @belinda_long 

@Liz - lol… why not use a Typeform connected to a Google Sheet to keep track… just sayin’

(and ducking behind a solid object)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha @john.desborough not a bad idea actually, if we had a shared Google Sheet we could just submit all our viewing suggestions into the typeform and refer to the Google Sheet every time we wanted something new to watch! 

I bought a pair of roller skates back in June, and this weekend I finally got out on them 😆 I haven’t skated since I was a kid so I was very nervous but it was exhilarating to try it again and I’m looking forward to it being my fall/winter activity! 

@Liz hope you’ve been having fun catching up with family and friends! I’ll be doing the same tomorrow as I’m heading back to the UK for a week.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far @Darnell @Mikkel @James @the conservative @Michaela @andrew_videoask 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace oooohhh, so you’re into skates too? I’ve always been a natural on roller blades, I remember my first pair as a kid. Now you’re making me want to whip out mines this fall and hit these streets to show off these blades of glory, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yessss! @Darnell you should definitely get out on your blades! When I was a kid I had (quad) skates to start and then got a pair of inline skates but I don’t think I took to them quite as well so I went for the quads again this time. I’m excited to get back into it, we’ll have to share updates on how we’re doing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace oh wow and it’s so funny b/c it sounds like my skating journey was the inverse of yours, ha! I started with blades, went to quads at skating rinks, etc, but quite prefer blades now. I’m excited too, I’ll def be your skating buddy from afar, Grace. Let’s share updates and take pics!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha that’s so funny @Darnell yes to remote skating buddies!! Looking forward to sharing some action shots!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace @Darnell - pics… or as @Liz says, it didn’t happen lol

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@john.desborough haha, Liz is right, for sure! Not supplying any pics is like whatever happens in Vegas: it didn’t happen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough  @Grace hahah that’s actually not a bad idea!

Yeah, come on, all! You know the drill! Pics or it didn’t happen!

Speaking of, @Darnell , look what I got in the mail this week. It’s like USPS read this conversation!

Are you watching Thursday night on Prime? 😂

Any fun weekend plans, @john.desborough @James @the conservative @belinda_long @Mikkel ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liz did you mean to attach an image with your post? Or are you referring to some direct mail that read “Are you watching Thursday night on Prime? 😂”?

As for the weekend, we’ll be attending an Octoberfest tomorrow! You?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy new week all! Hope you all had a splendid weekend. @Liz I went to a reunion of a previous company I worked for 10 years ago. It was like stepping through a time machine (luckily a time machine with a free bar) and we had great fun catching up and comparing grey hairs and beer bellies!

I also figured out that it’s possible to beef up the lens on my crappy phone camera just by pointing it through one side of a pair of binoculars. Who knew?! Here’s a photo of the effect (trust me, I was standing a looooong way from that telecom mast):

Did anyone else make any miraculous discoveries, meet any old friends, or take any great pictures over the weekend? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy new week all! Hope you all had a splendid weekend. @Liz I went to a reunion of a previous company I worked for 10 years ago. It was like stepping through a time machine (luckily a time machine with a free bar) and we had great fun catching up and comparing grey hairs and beer bellies!

I also figured out that it’s possible to beef up the lens on my crappy phone camera just by pointing it through one side of a pair of binoculars. Who knew?! Here’s a photo of the effect (trust me, I was standing a looooong way from that telecom mast):

Did anyone else make any miraculous discoveries, meet any old friends, or take any great pictures over the weekend? 

@James wow, that’s a super cool effect!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - thought you might have been asking ‘but why is the rum gone?’  but a cool effect.. did this several years ago with a telescope to get pics of a comet.. it’s neat

as for the weekend, took an extended day yesterday to treat my missus to a ‘day at the spa’ for our 1oth anniversary.. so after the sauna, 4 different pools (cold pool right after sauna, up to 42C hot pool), getting ‘pummeled’ by a masseuse for an hour, I had a very relaxing coffee around this fire while the missus got an aroma-therapy treatment 

It’s a lovely little place tucked into the forested hills just outside Ottawa and was a perfect day: blue skies, trees starting to head into full colour and 15C temperature wise.. 

now i feel like i need a day to recover from the ‘beating’ lol.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell Oh shoot! I posted this before the image fully uploaded. Here it is ha!

@James hard to say no to a free bar! Guess that company set the bar high for us - we’ll have to have a reunion now whenever we all leave! Except I hope I don’t have gray hairs in ten years. :( 

Also that photo is so cool! Did you just put the phone camera right into the binoculars lens? Or did was it back a ways? 

@john.desborough come on, you know by now. Pics or it didn’t happen!

That spa looks beautiful and relaxing! Is that far from you? Or relatively close where you live there?

Also, how many of us want to guess that @Grace is having BBQs without us while she’s OOO for a bit this week? 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

LOL @Liz ! It wasn’t really BBQ weather in England this time 🌦

@john.desborough that place looks beautiful! Sounds really relaxing, hope you felt refreshed afterwards!

@James great pic! And pretty sweet that there was a free bar at the reunion! 

While I was back in the motherland, it was my sisters 50th birthday so me and my mum made her an Icelandic inspired cake (as it’s one of her favourite countries and she went this summer for a birthday treat) 

We made a  clifftop puffin nest - here’s the proof!

(The little red houses are elf houses that you find dotted around the countryside)

Also went for a walk along the beach on one of the good weather days

And met my mum’s new cat, who is a ball of energy and kept me entertained all week! 

Hope everyone is having a good week! 😍

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace Wow, look at that Icelandic cake!!!!! It looks PHENOMENAL! I can’t imagine how difficult it was to splice open all that beauty, ha! Love all these photos actually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - all those baking shows have paid off! that is one ab fab cake! and the beach looks darn nice too.. 

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Darnell and @john.desborough it was definitely a challenge, took me a couple of attempts to get the puffins to look like puffins instead of penguins 😂